Hydaelyn Role-Players
Nunhship questions - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Nunhship questions (/showthread.php?tid=17436)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Nunhship questions - Eses Fafa - 10-15-2016

Honestly, it can be RP suicide if you do one singular thing:

Be in one of the main tribes.

Sub-tribes and the like seem perfectly reasonable, and the only flak you may receive is the stigma of being a Nunh which has a nasty tendency to draw perverts and push away those with less of a sexual inclination. My only solution would be explanation and generally acting like a decent person so people can trust you to play a Nunh responsibly.

It's a shame but miqo'te lore as a whole is rather grim and tough to properly play out.

RE: Nunhship questions - Gideon Aryeh - 10-15-2016

I played a Nunh - he gave it up because he realized he preferred monagamy in the end. I did this from start until his first marriage painstakingly playing out every bit of his journey of self discovery and what he wanted to do. He also was the leader of a breakoff tribe - Cy'xanne Nunh, who renamed himself Cy'xanne Tora when he said to himself "This title is meaningless I don't fit it and don't want it." He still prides himself on some of the traditions and as mentioned already most of the community doesn't know the lore and thinks that lore created by the community - all tias are gay, nunhs are pimps, Highlander women don't like men and are always redheaded lesbians and keeper women are lesbians by default and if you like men you're doing it wrong are a shame - learn the differences between player lore and -real- lore and stick to them and you'll be just fine.

Its just as silly as the made up player lore thinking that Au Ra are dragons - even though the Ishgardians stopped murdering them because they realized they aren't dragons. Cy'xanne's hobby list includes shushing those who know nothing about Nunh and Miqo'te. Its hilarious!

One word of advice? Learn the lore, preferably go for the two letter starter names to say that you lead a breakoff tribe. Ie: Cy'xanne, Sh'retaz, Ac'tos, etc.

Breakoff tribes give more flexibility and when you read the lore for yourself and find the conventions you can shut the naysayers up quite nicely.

At the end of the day know what you are talking about and have fun. That's all that matters.

RE: Nunhship questions - Gideon Aryeh - 10-15-2016

(10-13-2016, 12:10 PM)Nkhai Nunh Wrote:
(10-13-2016, 08:04 AM)Y Wrote: "...There's a lot of unfounded bias towards the Nunh of a tribe because there are a lot of RPers out there who play displaced Seekers, and usually a lot of the blame is assigned to an abusive Nunh. I hate this stereotype..."

That's a trope I've grown pretty tired of seeing as well. Not every tribe is going to be a happy-go-lucky fun farm but from the number of bitter Seekers out in the world you'd assume most tribes were just fronts for Garlean work camps.

I'm very tired of seeing that stereotype also. I purposely made Cy the anti version to this. Its a tired trope - oh my Nunh raped my mom, killed my dad, shot my puppy, ate my homework, etc.

Time to come up with something original. This trope is as tired as the red headed Highlander lesbian agressive and the gay Tia. (And somehow gay Highlander bears are becoming a trope now....."Aren't most of you gay?" said someone to Gideon recently - "I love only women, where are you getting that from?" - Gideon Aryeh)

RE: Nunhship questions - K'nahli - 10-15-2016

(10-15-2016, 08:39 PM)Kilieit Wrote: Is it just me who can't see most of the relevant paragraph? It's cropped off the bottom. x_x

And also, I'd dispute that a piece of lore that's only available, at present, to a tiny proportion of the fanbase should trump that which someone will find when Googling the question. Seems... off.

Maybe once the lore book has been out for longer, we can start making assertions like that, but for now I think it's safest to assume that ~the true lore~ is somewhere in the middle and conduct ourselves in such a manner that will be welcoming of people roleplaying with either set of information.

Yes, I apologise. It was the only one I could find at the time but I edited the post with a clearer screenshot ^^ It seems that just a sentence was cut out and one that we already knew in any case.

RE: Nunhship questions - Charity322 - 10-16-2016

(10-13-2016, 12:10 PM)N Wrote: That's a trope I've grown pretty tired of seeing as well. Not every tribe is going to be a happy-go-lucky fun farm but from the number of bitter Seekers out in the world you'd assume most tribes were just fronts for Garlean work camps.

The truth is revealed lol!

RE: Nunhship questions - X'shah Zinbhe - 10-16-2016

I would just like to say as one of your local neighborhood tribal role-players, it's good to see discussion fostered and people being open-minded. I have tried to encourage Nunh role-players for quite some time to not let a few player-created stereotypes ruin their fun. People will cling to their ignorant views and misconceptions no matter what is done.

One of my favorite moments in role-play on FF thus far was X'shah and N'khai's discussion about leaving his position at the door so she can get to know him as a person.

It has gotten to the point that even putting "tribal" or "huntress" in your profile marks you as some sort of ERP horndog sending out a flare. We Seekers gotta take it back!

RE: Nunhship questions - Mia Moui - 10-20-2016

The solution is to RP a Keeper.  You can be a fit and sexy man cat and would be EXPECTED to wander around, having no particular tribe to call home.

Queue "Lonely Man"

[youtube]1d4C1ZQKmw4[/youtube]

RE: Nunhship questions - Y'uraq Tia - 10-20-2016

Oh wow, I did not expect this to get to much attention, my friends and i were able to work out the rest of his story arc as a nunh to end in the best of terms (didn't really want this IC'ly or OOC'ly, but I had Y'uraq is happy to be a Tia again, leaving him pleeeeenty of time to focus on other IC related obstacles to overcome XD

Also might be a good dea to keep this thread discussion up in an archive for any other person is curious on making their characters a nunh, along with things to consider if they do want to go that way.

In hindsight i regret no being a mooncat instead... they're sexy AF...

but i appreciate all the feedback. Rock on you wonderful people.