Hydaelyn Role-Players
7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala (/showthread.php?tid=1751)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Velkyron - 09-07-2013

[Image: we5Qav0.jpg]

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Fox - 09-07-2013

(09-07-2013, 08:38 PM)Arimar Wrote: Wonderful to see such a large turn out. I couldn't stay very long due to the massive crowd but with how many people showed up that is a great sign!

Agreed! Big Grin It is a wonderful sign. I liked seeing those that I could though.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Kylin - 09-07-2013

Sorry guys. 200 people is just an insane and unmanageable number, especially considering half of the people who committed to helping bailed on me. It's equally difficult when people don't follow instructions ><. So I have had to improvise and I know a lot of people left due to the overwhelming turnout. So I apologize for that. But the show must go on and things must flow IC as they would/should!

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Velkyron - 09-07-2013

(09-07-2013, 08:56 PM)Kylin Wrote: Sorry guys. 200 people is just an insane and unmanageable number, especially considering half of the people who committed to helping bailed on me. It's equally difficult when people don't follow instructions ><. So I have had to improvise and I know a lot of people left due to the overwhelming turnout. So I apologize for that. But the show must go on and things must flow IC as they would/should!

Psh, I think really the issue there was over complication.  Fancy parties are nice and all, but I think most of us were drawn there for the sake of RP and meeting with folks or getting out together with friends.  I think if you do it with less complication and outside of the organized groups and let mingle on their own, it could have worked MUCH better.  Have a few events or some such about an hour after the event starts, use the group linkshell to announce it, and let people do their own thing.  And that's really all that's needed.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Salty Lake - 09-07-2013

I had to leave early due to an offline pet emergency, but I had fun while I was there! Salty passed out before the party really got going.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Nebbs - 09-07-2013

Nebbs and Fate won the dance competition.. yay!

Great event I had lots of fun.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Kylin - 09-07-2013

Thank you all for coming! I know it was hectic at the start there. And a number left in frustration at the size and chaoticness of it. 200 people is a LOT for a RP event, more than any event in XIV to date (including 1.0). Next year will likely be more tame when population levels out a bit, so please look forward to it!

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Nebbs - 09-07-2013

Some shots I took

[Image: f74255f7-9459-4ff8-b9ea-7f3d3d78ab94_zps2828c93d.jpg]

[Image: ffxiv_08092013_012142_zpsf9576f35.png]

[Image: 06daa4ab-c898-4dd4-b048-06680b923e17_zpsf62fd38d.jpg]

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Jove - 09-07-2013

Wow, so many people!

But that's good, maybe not so much for the event, but wasn't it awesome to see that many RPers made aware of the event and line up for it?

I had fun though and met five very cool people with which I've been chatting to all night ICly, so at least from my perspective it was successful Moogle

Although dear gods my framerates.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Solkasha Blynfyrsyn - 09-08-2013

I must say - it was fantastic.  While at the beginning there was a huge amount of people; that was good.

While waiting on the "do not have a group" crowd, I ran into a gentleman by the name of Tausenadel Geispyrysn, who through an emote of giving him the shake down, he introduced himself we hit it off smashingly.  From there, we parted ways when tables were called, but quickly met back up and had a grand adventure of traveling throughout the town looking for booze.

When we were about to give up, we caught sight of two young women who, after a dagger throwing display, showed they may know where the alcohol was.  One was a little overwhelmed - but the second gave us just what we needed.  It was a magical moment of a bunch of strangers, doing strange things, playing strange games with strange ideas of strangeness!

I congratulate everyone who put the effort into doing what they needed to do.  I did not volunteer for anything, but I can say that any craziness that may of happened behind the scenes was hidden from me and did nothing to ruin the atmosphere or the joy of walking up to people and pretending I knew them - just to get a "natural reaction."

If you were turned off by the numbers or by the confusion, you missed out!  Do not be afraid of the chaos - for in chaos you find order!

In closing, thanks to Makayla for being our character's savio(u)r and closure to a grand adventure of two men just trying to get a drink!

Hope to see more of these: small, large, and everything in-between.

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Minko Zerro - 09-08-2013

Missed all the fun...and its raining at the tavern now...
Just my luck v.v

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Clover - 09-08-2013

It sounds like it was a lot of fun! It's also good that no outsiders tried to troll the event.

I personally don't mind events full of people. Granted, they can be a bit confusing at times, but the fun is far greater. The feeling of being surrounded by many real characters in a lively atmosphere is priceless!

I couldn't attend it because it started at 1am my time. European and American timezones aren't very compatible sometimes ;

In any case, congratulations to the organizer for the event. That many people joined is a very good sign ^^

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - EkheiBalduin - 09-08-2013

I had a surprisingly good time for my first RP event!  Met some interesting folk as hectic as it was.  I was mostly rolling on the fly as well!  Time to get dirty with the details!

~E'khei Balduin

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - Ashren Dotharl - 09-08-2013

The Blades secretly hid in the shadows plotting schemey type things the entire time. Twas fun!

RE: 7th Annual Full Cold Moon Gala - K'nahli - 09-08-2013

Andre was cheering for the miqo'te couple the entire time, the were absolutely awesome. However, though needless to say, the hy'ur pair were absolutely hilarious. I was sat laughing away at my laptop in those ungodly hours because of their silliness and creativity with the dancing.

I also at one point noticed a girl with an unsheathed blade walking through the crowd. Once I began pursuing her she ran outside of the gates to which Andre continued following her a little. I have no idea if she was rp'ing or not but I didn't get the chance to call out to her ;w;

I deliberately minimised the direct participation I exercised for the event being that it was my very first RP performed in a game and my first on that character and was obscenely nervous througout(plus a misunderstanding during my most prolonged interaction didn't help ;; ) but it was still fun and hopefully it will make more more at easy and prepared for events to come ^^

Sorry for the difficulties once again and Elza and thank you for the event. Your RP'ing was fantastic and your speech was beautiful.

Edit:
Renna Xai.....if you are reading this, then tell me... were you RP'ing?! You responded to me IC initially so I assumed so but I didn't press the conversation as much as I normally would given that everything that was going on was too much for me but I was both IC and OOCly worried about you =w= ;;; And after I alerted fellow staff to you in an attempt to have someone else to try and find out if you were okay your started fishing *amused* >w<

Screenshots:
Show Content