Hydaelyn Role-Players
Dragon's Brew [closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Dragon's Brew [closed] (/showthread.php?tid=17620)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Dragon's Brew [closed] - Dieu-le-veut - 11-01-2016

Isabelle seemed to be taken by surprise with the question, "Um.. you know.." She would gesture to emphasis, "N-normal things.." She would furrow her brow, "Um.. nice things..? Friend things..?" She felt hopeless, awkward, and completely out of her own element even within her own home.

RE: Dragon's Brew [closed] - Brightborn - 11-01-2016

It was so strange to feel so helpless in conversation.  Tani busied herself with the tea, rather than stare yet again.  "Social niceties?"

The elezen nodded, "Yes. Those things.. I used to think wearing a mask rendered one incapable of such flaws." She blushed a little, mostly out of embarrassment of her own admittance. "Do you.. want to just.. watch the fire..?" She would fumble a little and stare at her tea too, before tasting it. "mm.."

Something in the way Isabelle tasted the tea popped the little bubble of tension that always seemed to grow within Tani every time she was around the other woman.  She stifled a giggle, and relented a little.  "Do you really like it, or are you just trying to change the subject?"

Not even a bloodthirsty madwoman would be able to fake such acute social distress so well.

...probably.

Isabelle smiled. She kept it close, enjoying the warmth of the tea as well as the warmth of the steam. She would close her eyes and inhale the faint scent and nod a little, "Yes. I like it very much. It warms the soul." 

The elezen kept her attention on the teacup and seemed to relax, a bit, herself. "T-to answer, yes.. as well.. I was trying to change thine subject.." A madwoman she may be, but there was honesty in her words. At least, as much as Isabelle was capable of. She even surprised herself how often she merely spoke the truth in Tani's presence.

Tani allowed herself to relax back into the couch.  She had her answer, not that she knew what to do with it.

Her eyes were drawn to the fire, and she watched it, unmoving.  Finally: "I was unable to find sources for seeds or cuttings in the far East, though I've been told that there are Coerthan and Shroud varieties that are the same tea plant."  She wrinkled her nose. "But not the same cultivar.  And the different elevation and climate will affect the leaves; it won't taste exactly the same..."  she made a face.  "But you could cultivate your own kind of tea.  I could find information on how to process the leaves."  She glanced back at Isabelle.  "I'd like to taste the sort of tea you'd make."

She sipped her own tea, and savored its floral, grassy overtones.

Isabelle smiled and seemed to relax as the subject changed to something a little more relatable. "I would like that." She began to ponder as wheels within her mind began to turn. "I wonder... I wonder if I could replicate such elevations..?" The elezen would tap her chin in thought, "T'would be something to try once I learned what such plants require." 

Isabelle was a little giddy with the thought, "I shall surely share the best of mine bounty with thou." She would scoot and shift so that she could lean back against the couch to watch the fire.

"I'd like that."   A thoughtful pause, as Tani slid her gaze back to Isabelle.  "How did you come to care for plants?"

Isabelle took another small sip of tea. She spoke simply as if it were the most common thing in the world, "Mine best friend is one."

"Uh."  Tani tipped her head to the side, trying to make sense of Isabelle's statement.  She covered her confusion by sipping more tea.  She did not succeed at making sense of Isabelle's statement.  She suspected she'd wind herself into knots trying.  "Pardon?"

Isabelle nodded, "Mine best friend is one." She would glance at Tani and note the confused expression. Grinning playfully, the elezen would set her tea down and fetch an ahriman pot. Inside, it had a single little red daisy.

"Mine friend over the years. I enjoy gardening because, as I spoke before.. they listen to anyone. Plants do not judge nor plot behind one's back." Isabelle would tenderly touch a petal. "They are always there when none others are." She would set down the pot as if the ahriman was facing the fire too before sipping her tea again. "And.. when they die, they come back."

Tani was taken aback, and despite her best efforts it showed on her face.  She took her sweet time in answering.  "Is that why you make light of bloodsport and death?"  Her tone was entirely neutral, matching her face.

Isabelle glanced at Tani, "Is death not.. normal in the lives of others..?" She furrowed her brow, "It took a long time to realize how different mine views and experiences were." The elezen chuckled a bit, "What can one do, save make light of tragedy and death when such things are a part of one's destiny? One's only talent."

"Death is part of life.  But how much death..."  Tani shrugged one-shouldered. 

Tani was not a comforting sort of person, so she let Isabelle's comments pass without responding, choosing instead to ask: "so you were...not being entirely serious, the day of the first meeting?  With what you, ah, said."

Careful, lass.

Isabelle glanced at Tani confused, "What did I say..?"