Hydaelyn Role-Players
Dragon's Brew [closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Dragon's Brew [closed] (/showthread.php?tid=17620)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Dragon's Brew [closed] - Dieu-le-veut - 11-02-2016

"Scared..?"

Isabelle was trying to pick and prod at that wall.

"Afraid of knowing the truth or be this misdirection to hide thine soft, girly strikes?"

The elezen would almost mock Tani as she made such a girly little strike.

"Come now.. I thought thou wishes to know why I wear mine mask?"

RE: Dragon's Brew [closed] - Brightborn - 11-02-2016

"Merely exposing the hypocrisy.  If that's all?"

"Speak for thineself." 

She smirked, spitting just as much fire. Isabelle couldn't deny that she was rather enjoying herself.

"Art thou too shy to commit to thine question now that thou knowest the price of such knowledge? Be thou too... frightened..? Afraid to know truth?"

"You make many assumptions, and now you're reaching.  Spare me the histrionics, Isabelle.  You've not yet earned them with me."

Isabelle tilted her head, "Can thou truly leave and believe such things?" 
She smiled, softening again. 

"Tis alright, mine friend. I forgive thee of thine transgressions. All knowledge comes with a price. Tis best nay to ask a question that thou does not wish to hear an answer to."

Isabelle would adjust her mask a bit. "Ne'er ask what thou does not truly wish the answer to."

Her gaze would meet Tani's. Her next cryptic words almost seemed to be aimed at Tani but clearly, they were not.

"To the bearer of such knowledge, Death is oft the price once one's secrets and masks are shattered."

Tani narrowed her eyes at Isabelle.  Her wound ached.  It was why she'd not paid for a healer.  Her lips thinned as she stared at the other woman, unabashed now; there was no room for awkwardness or false modesty.  She took what measure she could of the other woman, chose to hear what she wanted, and made her own interpretations.  It was thus that she turned on her heel, without a word, and strode through the Doman sliding doors and into the room beyond.

She wanted out.

Isabelle smiled and turned towards her potted plant. She wasn't sure if Tani could hear her, "So.. this is what it feels like to be.. a real person..?" 

The elezen would pick up the plant to tenderly put it back upon it's spot on the table.

"Perhaps I do have a heart someplace..Surely I felt something that I have not felt in such a long while beat."

Thinking Tani had fully left, Isabelle began to hum a soft tune to herself as she gathered the tea cups onto the tray for cleaning.

Tani paused at the door that lead out to the hall, listening.  Her lips firmed, and she shook her head before passing out into the hall.

She shut the door firmly behind her.

There was always something that needed to be done. It was why Tani enjoyed being a bookkeeper so much. It kept her busy, and when she was busy she couldn't think, and when she wasn't busy she distracted herself with people. People, she enjoyed. Isabelle, she did not. The thought was unwelcome, and distracting as Tani stumbled over a list of figures. She carefully scraped the heavy paper, and started anew. Two scrapings later, and she forced herself up, looking around the room. Barren room, cluttered by other peoples' forgotten things.

Saiyah had been too busy to help her, so Tani began puttering around, clearing the floor, and taking out the old mop she'd borrowed. Cleaning hurt, but it kept her busy. It kept her mind busy. Busy enough, except when the plant she'd almost killed --almost, but for Isabelle's aid -- kept catching her eyes. She went to the back rooms instead, moving things, cleaning things, floors, walls, windows: anything in reach.

She returned to the front room only when the pain in shoulder and pectoral muscles intensified and sharpened.

The plant stood there, idle, accusing. Yellowed leaves. Drooping leaves. She frowned at it, but it remained unchanging.

She'd forgotten the water can.

Swearing, she stormed out of her almost-office, noting that the sky had darkened considerably. Maybe enough time had passed. Yeah, right. Her knock on Isabelle's door was harder this time, and she far more certain.

Approaching Isabelle's room, if one was careful enough, the faint sound of a harp playing could be heard. With the hard knock, there was a sound as if something had been knocked over. A mumbled curse and things moving.. finally, the door slowly opened as Isabelle peeked out again, "Yeees..?"

Tani likely saw the surprise in Isabelle's blank face. The elezen was not expecting her to have returned so quickly. 

"Oh.. for the tray? Tis still drying but I suppose now is better than ne'er.."

Tani's face, in turn, was extraordinarily bland.  "Yes," she said, leaning against the door frame.  "I believe it is also time to water the plants?"

She hurt.  Her jaw tensed.

"Ah.. yes.." Isabelle would leave the door partially open. She would fetch both the water can and the tray.. as well as something else. Once the elezen returned to the door, she had something extra to give. 

"I forgot to give this to thee earlier."

Isabelle had a cane for Tani. It was decorated with moogles singing carved all along the length of it. The watering can was on the tray. Marked obviously, for Tani to know exactly how much water to pour. The tea cups were cleaned and stacked neatly as well.

She would resist letting Tani actually take the tray though, "Shall I carry this..?"

Normally, Tani would have refused without hesitation.  It marked her, that she did hesitate, left hand rising unbidden to the bandage that covered right shoulder and stretched down to the top of her pectoral muscle.  She shifted where she stood, eyeing the unexpected item.  "Is that... a cane?"

Isabelle nodded. Offering the item to Tani. She was wordless otherwise and held the tray firm.

Tani did not reach out to take it.  Her eyes narrowed, suspicious.  "...Why?"

Isabelle answered a simple question with a simple answer, "Thou needs it."

She held it out for a moment longer, but if it was not taken, the elezen would shrug and start to put it down.