Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello! (/showthread.php?tid=17632)

Hello! - Kasanui - 11-02-2016

Hi! I'm new to this forum, not to RP in general and sorta not to FFXIV (though I don't have a levelcapped class yet?)

I've been maining my Sea Wolf girl on Gilgamesh server with some old RP buddies of mine! However, I don't like how caster gear looks on her and I don't feel like magic classes are all that IC, so I made a second character that I'm planning to transfer to Balmung soon!

Hope I'll meet some of y'all on one of my two characters soon!

RE: Hello! - Arzilia - 11-03-2016

Hey there and welcome to the RPC! ^^
In here it's all a bunch of helpful individuals and I'm sure you won't have trouble fitting in. Never doubt to talk to someone and ask a question!

I got two characters in Balmung if you ever would like to meet them. Surely there will be many characters with which you can relate on both servers that you can meet here!

Feel free send a tell if you want. See you around and welcome again! Big Grin

RE: Hello! - Thunderbolt300 - 11-03-2016

Hey there, and welcome aboard to Balmung! Thumbsup

If you're looking to jump into things right away, start getting a look at the Free Companies, Linkshells, and the Making Connections forums- there's a whole lot out there and you should be able to find a good place for just about any character!

RE: Hello! - Gegenji - 11-03-2016

(11-02-2016, 11:49 PM)Kasanui Wrote: I've been maining my Sea Wolf girl on Gilgamesh server with some old RP buddies of mine! However, I don't like how caster gear looks on her and I don't feel like magic classes are all that IC, so I made a second character that I'm planning to transfer to Balmung soon!
If I may offer the standard suggestion for transfers: make a few and transfer them all over at once. That one-time fee lets you bring over as many over from one server to the other as you want, so you can bring your second character over plus some placeholders for if you have ideas for other characters in the future.

RE: Hello! - Kasanui - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 08:09 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 11:49 PM)Kasanui Wrote: I've been maining my Sea Wolf girl on Gilgamesh server with some old RP buddies of mine! However, I don't like how caster gear looks on her and I don't feel like magic classes are all that IC, so I made a second character that I'm planning to transfer to Balmung soon!
If I may offer the standard suggestion for transfers: make a few and transfer them all over at once. That one-time fee lets you bring over as many over from one server to the other as you want, so you can bring your second character over plus some placeholders for if you have ideas for other characters in the future.

That isn't a bad idea, but do you know how that works with the cheaper sub that only allows 1 character per server? That's what I'm currently using since I'm busy IRL and can't really handle a lot of alting like I used to! ^^;

Do you get to designate which one's active or something?

RE: Hello! - Gegenji - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 09:29 AM)Kasanui Wrote:

That isn't a bad idea, but do you know how that works with the cheaper sub that only allows 1 character per server? That's what I'm currently using since I'm busy IRL and can't really handle a lot of alting like I used to! ^^;

Oh, um, I'm not entirely sure actually. Apologies. Blush

The best I can assume, though, is if you can only have one character per server, you wouldn't be able to make more on said server to transfer over. It's moving as many characters as you want from Server A to Server B(almung, hee), so if you can only make a single character on Server A, then that's all you would be able to transfer over.

RE: Hello! - Kasanui - 11-05-2016

Well, I transferred my character! All you Balmung people can look for me in-game as Yumi Kasanui, lizardgirl mage!

RE: Hello! - Ayaka - 11-05-2016

Welcome welcome! o/ If you see an Ayaka Yatsurugi in-game, don't hesitate to say hi :)

RE: Hello! - SicketySix - 11-06-2016

Good luck with your transfer. If you happen to see Savona Drake in-game when you do transfer, feel free to say hi!

RE: Hello! - Kasanui - 11-08-2016

Okay, dumb (maybe) question. I tried to put screenshots of my RP characters in my signature, and obviously I did it wrong but I can't figure out how to do it right! halp plz?

RE: Hello! - Gegenji - 11-08-2016

(11-08-2016, 02:05 AM)Kasanui Wrote: Okay, dumb (maybe) question. I tried to put screenshots of my RP characters in my signature, and obviously I did it wrong but I can't figure out how to do it right! halp plz?
It's because you're linking to the picture "album" instead of the image itself. Either quote my post and click the "view source" button (the little page in the bottom right of the bar next to the print option) or just replace the URLs you have with http://i.imgur.com/ZcyDjl1.png and http://i.imgur.com/Vo7jAk3.png respectively.

[Image: ZcyDjl1.png][Image: Vo7jAk3.png]

RE: Hello! - Varinh - 11-08-2016

(11-03-2016, 09:29 AM)Kasanui Wrote:

I believe you used to be able to, but you can't anymore. Now they designate the activity to the first character on your roster. There might be other deciding factors but that seems to be it right now. Hit me up in game some time, I'd love to roleplay with your character! Big Grin

RE: Hello! - Faye - 11-08-2016

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! Big Grin

RE: Hello! - Kasanui - 11-08-2016

(11-08-2016, 07:24 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(11-08-2016, 02:05 AM)Kasanui Wrote: Okay, dumb (maybe) question. I tried to put screenshots of my RP characters in my signature, and obviously I did it wrong but I can't figure out how to do it right! halp plz?
It's because you're linking to the picture "album" instead of the image itself. Either quote my post and click the "view source" button (the little page in the bottom right of the bar next to the print option) or just replace the URLs you have with http://i.imgur.com/ZcyDjl1.png and http://i.imgur.com/Vo7jAk3.png respectively.

[Image: ZcyDjl1.png][Image: Vo7jAk3.png]
Derp, that'd do it. Thanks for the help!

Also, hi everyone!