Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking to put together a family, or fill a gap. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking to put together a family, or fill a gap. (/showthread.php?tid=17724)

Looking to put together a family, or fill a gap. - dlenoxx - 11-13-2016

Hi everyone,

My character is an older human- I haven't really set a definite age but I would definitely be 'Grandpa'.

I want to get an RP family going, or join an ongoing one. Don't hesitate to send me a message in game. It'd be my first time doing something like this so any advice would also be appreciated!

Delkan is like any typical retiree. If he's not sitting around the house telling stories of past adventures, hes out fishing for 'the biggest catch of his life'. He thinks he is a class-A chef, but due to 'stomach problems' he has never eaten his own food and has no idea that cookies are not supposed to be blackened charcoals. He's not a brooder, and tells dad jokes all the time. He retired from the Immortal Flames as an officer and was an adventurer 'before your time'.

I'd really like to start something like this because I've always felt RP'ing with a close bunch of people is more fun than walking into a party of a bunch of others- and being 'Grandpa' kinda feels natural in my FC so why not?

Character: Delkan Lenoxx

RE: Looking to put together a family, or fill a gap. - LiadansWhisper - 11-13-2016

Just a suggestion - it would be helpful if you gave out more information, like place of origin, background, personality, etc, to help people know if your character would be a good fit.

RE: Looking to put together a family, or fill a gap. - dlenoxx - 11-13-2016

Thank you- I added some more detail.

RE: Looking to put together a family, or fill a gap. - Thunderbolt300 - 11-13-2016

Hey there! 

So one question I've got for you is if you're wanting something of a blood family or more of a "family" styled FC? Family styled FC's are fairly rare it seems- but that was one of the reasons that drew me toward Shroudwolf. Might be worth a look there if that's about what you're after!

(11-13-2016, 02:32 PM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: So one question I've got for you is if you're wanting something of a blood family or more of a "family" styled FC?

I'm available for either/or I suppose. In my mind, I had thought we'd just be a small collection of characters that are 'related'.

RE: Looking to put together a family, or fill a gap. - bleepapuss - 11-13-2016

What race?

I've a plucky little Raen that could easily call anyone "Grandpa" in a more loose sort of way. She's basically a nerd trying to be less nerdy, and so left home to explore.

Delkan could easily be someone she stayed with/grew close to at some point, and so she fondly calls him something like Grandpa and treats him as such.

He's human- and that sounds like a wonderful idea. Feel free to message/mail me in game or shoot me a mail here and we'll talk. Smile