Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to FFXIV Balmung: No stranger to Roleplay - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to FFXIV Balmung: No stranger to Roleplay (/showthread.php?tid=17744)

New to FFXIV Balmung: No stranger to Roleplay - Tina Darling - 11-16-2016

UPDATED APRIL 17th, 2017!

MMORPG background:
I have limited experience in this genre, only: DCUO, ESO, and now FFXIV.

RP experience:
It all started as a child when it was simply "playing pretend" and I suppose I never grew out of it, and instead developed as a improv collaborative story teller; I.E. Roleplayer. I guess I truly started maturing as a group roleplayer when I started playing AD&D in early 2000 as a class in middle school. This class played out for 2 hours a day for the entire school year, 5 days a week. It was seen as a critical thinking, team building, morally biased adventure that pushed students beyond the scope of the obvious and to always search for hidden ways to solve riddles, puzzles, and problems as they presented themselves.

From that point on I continued with the hobby on my own and grew into games like World of Darkness, later editions of D&D, LARPing, Pathfinder, Dungeon World and a few others. Eventually I found roleplaying on forums through Avidgamers.com, and GaiaOnline.com. This is where I feel my roleplaying took itself to the next level.

Now as my life has become more "adult" I find less time for these activities but still enjoy a good story and I find while I game, I can incorporate my passion for story crafting and have found myself in FFXIV with the sole intention of roleplaying here. I stumbled across this website and truly took a ventured interest in the game and with some patience and a bit of money, transferred myself into Balmung to play with you lot.

Here's hoping I can find my niche and the right people I can continue growing as a storyteller, writer, and gamer.

Character ideas/info:
For ease I present a list:
- Traveling Doman War Priestess
- Uses arcana similar to White & Black Magic
- 28 Years Old with a newborn baby (no father)
- Religiously separates Adventuring/Work from her own personal life. She has adopted a personality for her adventuring career as a war priestess/adventurer to cope with the many trials battlefields provide.
- Ai can be apart of slice-of-life RP & Fantastic Epic Storytelling (Superhero-Esque) seamlessly.
- "normal" Ai Ryuu is a fun-loving, energetic, inter/exter-personal, positive ball of love and light! She is absolutely in love with her baby daughter Yasu which is only days old in current RP. Also it should be noted, she is VERY religious, but follows a more traditional sort of faith that embodies focus on self, rather than changing the world.
- "adventuring" Ai Ryuu is quiet, tactical, cold, calculating, grim-reaper-ish... She goes by the moniker "Shinigami" (Means 'Death God') while she adorns her adventuring garb. Her relationships between these roles are not shared. Co-workers are co-workers, not friends. And vice-versa.

How did you learn about the coalition?
I simply Googled: "FFXIV Roleplayers"

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be?
I'm always interested in growing and advancing myself as a writer and storyteller. Though I am not going to be making a job out of it. I literally just want to roleplay whatever comes my way with VERY LITTLE out of character influence. I'm don't typically enjoy railroad roleplays though I do not mind RPing a scenario with a pre-determined end of a set of criteria are met within RP. Some planning can help keep stories consistent, but if everyone is doing their own thing. They should be allowed to just do their own thing as long as it doesn't heavily influence the stories of those around them.

Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing?

Of course I am very open about being transgender (male to female) and have been openly living as my target gender for a little over six years now. There is nothing to be ashamed of and I feel it is one of my duties to be open about it and explain my thoughts and theories on the lifestyle. If you have any pondering(s), friend or stranger I am willing to discuss. However save yourself the trouble if you feel I need "saved" as there is no counter argument that would persuade me to divert the way I live or the way I view myself. If you catch me on voice/video chat I'm almost certain you would have no clue unless you've read it here, or I had made comments about my situation.

Other than that I'm f*ckin' hilarious, creative, smart, independant, and very well rounded and grounded to Planet Earth. I've done my fair share of adult cam shows and am not shy about my sexuality (bi). Granted I'm no sleaze, but flirting is kinda my thing so don't take it too personal, unless you want it too! This of course should have become apparently obviously from the way I designed my character concept.

The phrase I seem to live by is, "Life is too short." but somehow I feel in the end I'll be humbled and will feel it just long enough.

Regardless, LIVE AND LET LIVE & SEMPER FIDELUS!

RE: New to FFXIV Balmung: No stranger to Roleplay - Maril - 11-16-2016

Welcome aboard Smile

RE: New to FFXIV Balmung: No stranger to Roleplay - Faye - 11-16-2016

Hello there, welcome to Balmung!

RE: New to FFXIV Balmung: No stranger to Roleplay - Tina Darling - 11-17-2016

Thank you two! This community feels like home already!

RE: New to FFXIV Balmung: No stranger to Roleplay - Random Encounter - 11-17-2016

Yay for more new faces! Welcome to Balmung, hope you have a good time here!

RE: New to FFXIV Balmung: No stranger to Roleplay - Blackwell - 11-17-2016

Hello and welcome! Heart

RE: New to FFXIV Balmung: No stranger to Roleplay - Thunderbolt300 - 11-17-2016

Belated welcome aboard! Thumbsup

RE: New to FFXIV Balmung: No stranger to Roleplay - Sileas Bishop - 11-17-2016

Hi! Welcome to the site! Big Grin I'd be more than happy to RP with you sometime! I have a courtesan character as well named Valentinox Fierlaine if you're ever interested in meeting a fellow courtesan. Though most times I'm on Sileas Bishop, she's pretty easy to get along with! I hope to see you around sometime!

RE: New to FFXIV Balmung: No stranger to Roleplay - Farrell - 11-19-2016

Hello!

I have been searching for a RP / story partner for a little while and I would be very interested if our character could start something sooner or later! Contact me in game at any time ^^

You seem like a really nice person! So welcome here!

RE: New to FFXIV Balmung: No stranger to Roleplay - Tina Darling - 04-17-2017

HUZZAH!

Bumping because I want to be give this a real shot.

RE: New to FFXIV Balmung: No stranger to Roleplay - Jean - 04-17-2017

Welcome to Balmung! Enjoy your stay and see you around I'm sure! Big Grin