Hydaelyn Role-Players
Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern (/showthread.php?tid=17763)

Pages: 1 2

Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 11-21-2016

[Image: ffxiv-chrp-secretsanta.png]

Season's Greetings, fellow Eorzeans!

As this year's Starlight Celebration nears, we here at the Chroniclers would like to bring together our fellows and offer a different kind of gift exchange: roleplay. The Secret Scenario Santa event is intended to help facilitate roleplay between Free Companies and individuals, drawing people in our community together for some fun and finding new connections.

How to Play

We have a handy-dandy sign-up form through Google Docs. Free Companies and Individuals are welcome to sign up to participate, but we'll be separating them into two different drawings; one for Free Companies to participate with each other and one for Individuals. Each entrant will submit their name, a contact point (if a Free Company), and a plothook -- a scenario or theme by which to get involved with them. Plothooks can be serious or silly, mundane or extraordinary. It's up to you!

Entries will be taken until December 17th @ 7pm, an hour before we start drawing. Names will be drawn in the order they were submitted and each player will /random. Whatever number you're closest to will be your intended roleplay partner, which will then be provided to you via Private Message in-game.

If you cannot be present on the day names are drawn, then whatever names are left over after those present have gone will be given out in the order in which they remain.  If you wish to withdraw your participation, please contact either Syranelle Ironleaf or Zhan'a Rakhin and let us know so we can adjust the roster.

Rules

1.) One entry per person/Free Company. Duplicate entries will be removed.
2.) Plothooks can be serious or silly, whatever fits the theme/purpose of your character/Company.
3.) Please keep all plothooks PG/PG-13; no mature/adult themes to keep the event accessible to everyone.  
4.) No re-draws! If you don't like/want who you've drawn, you do not get an immediate re-draw. You will be moved to last in line and get choose again then.
5.) The Chroniclers will not be held responsible for the quality/kind of RP you arrange as a result of this event. However, do let us know if someone doesn't provide you with RP at all. That goes against the very nature of this event. We'll do our best to provide something, if another individual/group fails to.
6.) Alts are welcome to participate!

FAQ

Q:  How long/short should my plothook be?

A:  As long you need it to be to get your point across.  I advise keeping plothooks short, since I'll have to convey them to participants.  Here's a sample of mine:  You find one of Syranelle's books at the Carline Canopy.  It has a bunch of history and relic research about Gelmorra.  You should probably return it to her.

Q:  Can I make separate entries for myself, my Free Company or my Linkshell?

A:  Yup!  As long as you aren't making multiple entries for the same individual/group, as long as we have someone to contact to let you know who you've drawn, it's all good!

Q:  I won't be there the night of the drawing.  Can I still participate?

A:  Of course!  Attendance to the night of the drawing is not mandatory for participation, it's just an added level to the fun.  Those unable to attend will have their names drawn randomly by me and I'll contact you either by Private Message here on the RPC or in-game to let you know who you have. ^_^

RE: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 11-21-2016

(Here's our event flyer, for sharing on blogs and FC websites!  Feel free to use it!)

[Image: secret-scenarios.jpg]

RE: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - Kallera - 11-21-2016

is this cross server?

RE: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 11-21-2016

(11-21-2016, 08:57 PM)Kallera Wrote: is this cross server?

Sadly this is only for Balmung, where my Free Company is based. If someone wants to host it on another server I'm more than happy to walk them through setting it up.  Smile

RE: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 11-25-2016

New and looking to break into some roleplay, but don't like breaking the ice?  Well, we've done that for you with this event!  You'll receive an assigned person to roleplay with and even a plothook to get you involved with them!  Where it goes from there is up to you.

It's simple and easy to join in the roleplay exchanging fun!  Sign-up today!

RE: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 11-29-2016

"There's never any roleplay!"
"I don't have anyone to roleplay with!"
"I need to expand my circle of people to RP with..."

If any of these have been you at any point, then it behooves you to sign up for the Secret Scenario Roleplay Exchange!  What better gift to give your fellows than the gift of time (which is precious) and the gift of roleplay, which we all clearly love?

No need for gil or gift lists, just a simple sign up and a one-time drawing!  Join us for the fun today!  Sign up here!

RE: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - RiniKett - 11-29-2016

Can't wait to see who Rini gets paired with. : ) Thank you guys for running this!

RE: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 12-01-2016

(11-29-2016, 10:17 AM)RiniKett Wrote: Can't wait to see who Rini gets paired with. : ) Thank you guys for running this!

Thank you for signing up!  We're looking forward to hearing about all the pairings and new friends that are made as a result of this event.  Be sure to invite your friends, your guildmates, and even submit your Free Companies for consideration and exchanging!

Remember that you do not have to be present to participate, if you aren't on-site when we draw, then I'll simply pair of remaining names, so even if you can't be there on December 17th, that doesn't mean that you can't join in!  ^_^

[Image: A_Moogle_Christmas.jpg]

RE: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - D'emi Rhojah - 12-01-2016

I would love to participate but I'm having trouble thinking of a scenario :c

RE: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 12-01-2016

(12-01-2016, 11:04 PM)D Wrote: I would love to participate but I'm having trouble thinking of a scenario :c

It doesn't have to be anything elaborate!  It can be something as simple as:  You find a <insert race here> injured on the side of the road.  S/he looks like s/he could use some help!

Mostly, it just needs to provide a reason for someone to approach/interact with your character, so try not to make them too passive.  ^_^  Think about the things your character is into or things they enjoy.  Do they frequent taverns?  Maybe something like... You see this person sitting at a table drinking a <insert drink here>.  They look like they could use a refresher.

If you want to provide something more active/engaging, that's encouraged as well!  You've received information about a shipment of rare metals.  It's advised that you speak with <insert character name here> for more information.

RE: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 12-06-2016

"I love to roleplay with new people!"
"I need to make some new friends."
"I want to get involved in more things!"

If this is you, then there's absolutely NO reason you shouldn't be signing up for the Roleplay Exchange!  How easy is this?  You sign up, we give you a name and a way to approach them, and bam!  All that's left is to find your quarry and roleplay with them!

We take the "hard part" out of initiating roleplay with someone new.  What do you really have to lose?  Join in the fun today!  ^_^

RE: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - Martiallais - 12-07-2016

This is a really awesome event idea Syranelle!

RE: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - Ren of Many Alts - 12-07-2016

Oh heck, this sounds like so much fun, but it's scheduled to run at exactly the same time as the Golden Gala, and I can't choose! :(

How frowned-upon would it be to sign up knowing that I can't be there in person? Because this sounds like a fantastic way to meet new folks and get the creative juices flowing!

RE: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 12-07-2016

(12-07-2016, 01:50 PM)Ren of Many Alts Wrote: Oh heck, this sounds like so much fun, but it's scheduled to run at exactly the same time as the Golden Gala, and I can't choose! Sad

How frowned-upon would it be to sign up knowing that I can't be there in person? Because this sounds like a fantastic way to meet new folks and get the creative juices flowing!

You don't need to be present to participate! Anyone who isn't present at the time of drawing will be drawn by me after everyone else has drawn. I'll either contact you here or try to get in touch with you in-game. We'll make it work! ^_^

RE: Secret Scenario Santa :: Sat, Dec 17 @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 12-08-2016

Our list of names to draw from grows longer, but there's still lots of room for people to participate!  Linkshells can be entered as Free Companies, if you'd like to get some RP going for your RP linkshells. ^_^

This is seriously the easiest opportunity to make a new friend and find some new roleplay partners!  All you need to do is sign up today!