Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello from Balmung Server - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello from Balmung Server (/showthread.php?tid=17796)

Hello from Balmung Server - Ezek_Var'rik - 11-26-2016

Hi everyone,

It's nice to meet you. I have been looking forward to joining this forum for sometime now but wasn't able to register due to work, etc. you know the whole ordeal. 

Anyways I have my characters mostly on Balmung Server. Aside from doing end game a lot, POTD, and helping out people I know if they need, I always want to have time to roleplay. The unfortunate thing is I can never seem to find any or at least someone. I have yet to really do any roleplay on this game. I originally rped back from I played guild wars 2 but I feel like I have been out of it for a while and seem rusty Sad If you like you can always PM me here and I will reach you whenever I can or ask me for my skype name. Its the best way to get ahold of me. Thanks again and I hope to make more friends and rp friends here!

RE: Hello from Balmung Server - Maril - 11-26-2016

Welcome aboard Big Grin

RE: Hello from Balmung Server - Thunderbolt300 - 11-27-2016

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

A good starting point here would be to let everyone know a little about your character, and from there, you can start to make some connections with others and grow your own network! No better way than to shake that rust off, than jumping right into things. A linkshell or a good RP FC will also be a pretty huge benefit if you can find a few active ones to allow you to tap into some more niches too.

RE: Hello from Balmung Server - Faye - 11-27-2016

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! Big Grin

RE: Hello from Balmung Server - Ezek_Var'rik - 11-27-2016

(11-27-2016, 12:29 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

A good starting point here would be to let everyone know a little about your character, and from there, you can start to make some connections with others and grow your own network! No better way than to shake that rust off, than jumping right into things. A linkshell or a good RP FC will also be a pretty huge benefit if you can find a few active ones to allow you to tap into some more niches too.

Thanks for that. tbh I don't really know where to begin. I had some ideas for my character originally but because i either keep changing his certain job or whatever I end up changing something about his background...

RE: Hello from Balmung Server - Blackwell - 11-27-2016

Hello and welcome friend! Heart

RE: Hello from Balmung Server - Caspar - 11-27-2016

Sometimes playing a Job's quests through can change your opinion on the Job's story and aesthetic, or even the gameplay attachment you have to it. I love Monk and have always loved it since the beginning, but for some it's not as cut and dry. If you play them a long while and finish all their quests, you'll probably get a good idea of what you want your character to become. Also welcome. :3

RE: Hello from Balmung Server - Mermaid - 11-27-2016

Welcome to the forum!

If you want someone else who's rusty and still hasn't RPed in FFXIV you're free to hit me up. Thumbsup

RE: Hello from Balmung Server - Thunderbolt300 - 11-27-2016

(11-27-2016, 01:48 AM)Ezek_Var Wrote:
(11-27-2016, 12:29 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

Thanks for that. tbh I don't really know where to begin. I had some ideas for my character originally but because i either keep changing his certain job or whatever I end up changing something about his background...

Even something as simple as his race will offer some starting points. You don't necessarily need to make their class or job a central part of their concept either (at least not yet), especially since you can change classes at-will in the game already.

If your character is Miqo'te, for example, I can offer some starting points there for getting plugged in. If he's a trader or wandering sellsword, I can also offer some points there too! As far as class examples go, Kasi started as a lancer but started learning the greatsword a few weeks back- that's just part of character development. It can be as restricted or open as you can imagine!

RE: Hello from Balmung Server - Aya - 11-28-2016

Generic is a great starting point :-D

Welcome to the RPC, and to Balmung!