Hydaelyn Role-Players
Eorzia Garden: Excalibur **BRAND NEW** - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Eorzia Garden: Excalibur **BRAND NEW** (/showthread.php?tid=17892)

Eorzia Garden: Excalibur **BRAND NEW** - Laguna Lestrange - 12-12-2016

Concept: 
Located near the sunny beaches on the coast of Lima Lominsa, the peaceful woodlands of Gridania, and the bustling city of Ul'Dah the Eorzia Garden is an educational institution that trains young adventurers in jobs and skills to help them aid and protect the well-being of Eorzia.  After completing a series of quests to test their skills, garden attendees are given the opportunity to work for a grand company, securing an strong alliance between the garden and the great nations of Lima Lominsa, Gridania, and Ul'dah.

My thoughts:
  I've been wanting to start some role-play since I began playing this game.  Why?  Forming character relations and friendships (heck, even frenemies) really makes the game immersive and creates some of the connection I feel is lacking in MMOs.  So, I've decided to base a RP group off of my personal favorite concept from FF...the gardens from FF8.  I'm thinking this will start out as a linkshell because I would first like to see how much of a response I get to this (Excalibur hasn't been easy to find RP on, but I know there must be some other people out there).  This is open to anyone, so whether you are an expert RPer or a beginner, you are welcome.  If necessary, we can start up a forum to keep track of members and information/storylines.

I currently purchased a small house in the Lavender Beds where we can hold RP.  Eventually we can save up and put it toward a bigger place if we form a solid RP group.  In addition, we can also use public places to meet-up in each of the cities to RP.  I figure we can incorporate more character development for our characters and incorporate our developing relations into our MSQ; we can also plan outside stories (you can plot side quest stories and RP them and we could have garden festivals and parties for the group).  For example, an instructor may want to take some of the students out for a "field exam" or maybe students want to take on extra training or even just escape the garden to hang out.  Others, like SeeDs, may want to form a small group to go on private missions/quests.

I would like the LS to be IC; if you want to say anything OOC, please make it clear by indicating OOC.  However, I would like to keep most OOC chat out if possible.  If, eventually we get enough interest generated, I would consider making a FC to accompany.  If not, we'll stick to LS.  Pretty much just looking to start something fun that makes our experience more immersive!  More details below.  

If you're interested, you can mail on here or mail/tell in game to: Laguna Lestrange

All garden members and alumni are encouraged to frequent garden events and role-play opportunities to form in-character alliances, frenemies, and romantic stories with fellow role-players to create a more immersive player experience for all.  This will allow us all to enjoy more "in-character" experiences among other players and really establish some of the connection and relationships we don't get from simply playing the game. Please keep this PG13 while playing in the linkshell, any mature topics are not required, but if you choose to engage in those, please note that this should be explored through private chats and that these types of activities are in no way affiliated with the linkshell group.  

Types of roles available:
-Headmaster of garden
-Garden faculty/instructors
-Garden students (can split this into different categories if needed)
-Garden graduates (may still frequent garden headquarters/live on premises)
-Villains who may pose threats to the garden/garden events; may be students or can be outside groups
-Open to other inquiries
-Garden Committee to plan festivals

Again, this will be brand new, so I will be openly taking members to get something started up.  Please understand that it may take time to get numbers up on Excalibur due to the limited number of RP players I've come across. If you know anyone interested, please pass the information along.  Thanks for the time!

If you're interested, you can mail on here or mail/tell in game to: Laguna Lestrange Chocobo