Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hiya! (New To Site) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hiya! (New To Site) (/showthread.php?tid=17944)

Hiya! (New To Site) - SkyQueenDragon - 12-19-2016

Greetings! Big Grin

With a little over a years experience in roleplaying other games (Elder Scrolls mainly), I am pleased to finally decided to jump into the roleplaying community of Final Fantasy. The universe of Final Fantasy has been a favorite of mine for quite some time and I'm very pleased to finally be making my XIV characters officially apart of this world. I have roleplayed in-game before but at much smaller scale then a big community like this one. I'm very excited to meet all of you, hoping my time here will expand my understanding of roleplay and become a delight I look forward to everyday. I'm a bit nervous about meeting new people, but I'm sure I can fit right in here and hopefully bring in new adventures and ideas with me. 

Please feel free to ask me questions or comment ... I may be a nervous wreck when I first meet people but I'm really sociable once you get to know me. Also, if someone could direct me to where the rules and regulations are that would be great. Though I'm sure they are similar to other sites I've been to before it doesn't hurt to check. Also please feel free to call me Sky, for that is what nearly everyone who gets to know me eventual calls me. I prefer it over my real name to be honest.

- Sky Chocobo

RE: Hiya! (New To Site) - Nodem - 12-19-2016

Welcome to the RPC!

Rules are located HERE and if you need a refresher there's a button along the top bar labeled "Rules".

RE: Hiya! (New To Site) - Lamia - 12-19-2016

Welcome to the RPC and FFXIV in general! Big Grin it's a wonderful place, though it can be a little scary starting off given just how -big- the community on here, and in game truly is. if you need any help at all, or wind up on balmung and want a place or people to rp and get comfortable learning the ropes let me know!

RE: Hiya! (New To Site) - Blackwell - 12-19-2016

Hello and welcome! Heart

RE: Hiya! (New To Site) - Thunderbolt300 - 12-19-2016

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC Sky! Thumbsup

You may want to consider taking the plunge to move over onto Balmung, as this is where the major bulk of the RP community is located. It's admittedly a bit of a pain since character creation is locked down pretty well 24-7, so the only sure-fire way to move over is via the $18 transfer fee. Still, as someone who took this plunge 3 months ago? No regrets! There's also the added benefit of there being no RMT spam. 

If you decide to move over, we can potentially work out character connections and encounters! 

Either way, best of luck!

RE: Hiya! (New To Site) - SkyQueenDragon - 12-21-2016

(12-19-2016, 09:50 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC Sky! Thumbsup

You may want to consider taking the plunge to move over onto Balmung, as this is where the major bulk of the RP community is located. It's admittedly a bit of a pain since character creation is locked down pretty well 24-7, so the only sure-fire way to move over is via the $18 transfer fee. Still, as someone who took this plunge 3 months ago? No regrets! There's also the added benefit of there being no RMT spam. 

If you decide to move over, we can potentially work out character connections and encounters! 

Either way, best of luck!
Yea ... I'm not big on moving my characters around. Mainly because I have friends on the world I am now. Plus, as you said, Balmung has a restriction on the world, every time I try to make a new character on there it tells me to either wait or try another world. I realize this may restrict me heavily on roleplaying, however maybe a spark of roleplaying can happen on Zalera? Who knows, only time could tell I guess. I'll keep trying to make a new character for Balmung off and on, but Balmung seems quite full and might stay that way. If that turns out to be a curse on my roleplaying experience then at least I can say that I tried. I still hold onto hopes that Zalera may see a spike in roleplayers though. 

- Sky