Hydaelyn Role-Players
[21 December 2016] - RPC Chat - Upgraded! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Forum Announcements (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: [21 December 2016] - RPC Chat - Upgraded! (/showthread.php?tid=17966)

Pages: 1 2

[21 December 2016] - RPC Chat - Upgraded! - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-21-2016

Hello RPC users,

Our instance of ArrowChat for the RPC has been upgraded to the latest version currently available. You may notice some new features while using the chat. (Or if you don't, I may need to find out how to get them turned on!)

Highlights include:
  • Group Only Chat Rooms
  • Hide the Online List
  • Fixed an issue in mobile chat rooms that would cause sent messages to not show up.
  • Fixed an issue where chat rooms messages would not show up after being sent.
  • Support for chatWith API (example below)

Starting with this release, you can add a link to direct chat you with the [chat] tag!
Code:
[chat=Your user ID]Text goes here[/chat]

If you encounter any errors with RPC Chat that weren't there before, please let me or another staff member know. There's another big update planned for release in about a week featuring a slew of new features. If all goes well, we'll be moving to the version upon release.

RE: [21 December 2016] - RPC Chat - Upgraded! - Gegenji - 12-21-2016

Maybe it's just me, but I'm actually unable to access the chat right now. I'm almost positive it was working just a bit earlier, but now it's... inaccessible. I'll try to explain.

On the computer, I have the little balloon word bubble icon that doesn't do anything and the "Hide Chat" options on the lower left of the screen. And on my iPhone the chat popup tab at the bottom doesn't show up at all. Could it be something wrong with my permissions or I did something wrong or somesuch, or is the chat broken for anyone else?

Oh, and I'm using Firefox and Safari respectively for the two attempts to access the chat, if that helps. And, as an update, the tab popped up again on my phone, but is still the same in Firefox on my laptop.

RE: [21 December 2016] - RPC Chat - Upgraded! - Kodie - 12-21-2016

I'm unable to access RPC chat on Chrome, I see the little icon on the bottom left, but it's not letting me go anywhere beyond that.

RE: [21 December 2016] - RPC Chat - Upgraded! - Leggerless - 12-21-2016

Works on mobile at least

Some further clarification off my attempts with the mobile version. It's seemingly "timing out" on me pretty quickly. As in, it'll stop letting me send or receive new messages in both regular chat and PMs in a matter of minutes, and upon refresh it tells me I have to be "logged in" to access the chat. Which I have to refresh by closing this tab, reloading the RPC, and clicking on the chat pop-up tab again.

That message usually pops up if I don't have the chat or RPC up as my main focus on my phone for extended periods of time - such as if I am catching stuff in Pokemon Go or surfing other pages for extended periods. So the fact that its timing out on me so quickly now is pretty alarming, and a bit annoying to deal with.

EDIT: Nevermind. I think it's timing out because I'm also trying to surf and get it to work here and the Firefox "instance" of the site is timing out the one on my phone so I have to refresh every time I move pages on my computer. So that's a non-issue, I think. The fact that I can't access it on my computer is still consistent, though - I'm starting to wonder if it's because I had some PM tabs "open" during the update and that caused some sort of problem, one I don't know how to fix. Leggers has confirmed he can access it through Firefox just fine... so I'm not sure what's wrong with mine.

... I'm also having the same issue in Internet Explorer, making me think it might just be an issue with mine and that PM idea I mentioned earlier... but I don't know how I can close private chats when I can't even access them to do so.

RE: [21 December 2016] - RPC Chat - Upgraded! - FreelanceWizard - 12-21-2016

I believe we can kill private chats in the database, so all is not lost. Before we do that, though, can others who are having trouble accessing chat now confirm that they had PM tabs open (not just on the bar, but actually open) and now can't access chat?

RE: [21 December 2016] - RPC Chat - Upgraded! - Kodie - 12-21-2016

I don't even see where private chat is. So I'm gonna go with a no.

(12-21-2016, 11:47 AM)Kodie Wrote: I don't even see where private chat is. So I'm gonna go with a no.

I was only assuming that might be the issue. My chat bar auto-pops open private chats with folks (the chat window that pops up if you pick someone and choose "Private Message") - and I had at least one still up from conversation yesterday. It's the only common thread I could think of since I've tried on this computer with Firefox and IE, and on another computer with Chrome. AND having tried clearing both my cookies and my cache on this machine. Huh

RE: [21 December 2016] - RPC Chat - Upgraded! - Zhavi - 12-21-2016

No private chats up, see the icon on the bottom left, nothing happens when I click it (I can hide and unhide it just fine, however). Using firefox, if that matters.

RE: [21 December 2016] - RPC Chat - Upgraded! - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-21-2016

I'm nearly positive everyone meets the requirements, but just in case.

Browser Support
ArrowChat supports the following browsers:
1. Google Chrome
2. Internet Explorer v7+
3. Safari v3+
4. FireFox v2+
5. Opera 9.5+
6. JavaScript must be enabled

Currently, I'm running a DB clean maintenance task and will then be backing up the chat database to try its autorepair. We jumped quite a few versions and it might be a little upset.

Yessir!

Yeah, my Firefox is up to date. As is the Chrome and IE that I checked on. Sad

RE: [21 December 2016] - RPC Chat - Upgraded! - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-21-2016

Just finished the maintenance tasks and ran the repair script.

See if it's happier now? If not, I'll keep trying to troubleshoot.

No changes from what I can tell.

For me either, refreshed and everything.