Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Census, Part II (Wealth-CLOSED) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth-CLOSED) (/showthread.php?tid=1797)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RPC Census, Part II (Wealth-CLOSED) - Kylin - 03-19-2013

Part II of the RPC Census focuses on character wealth. Note, this does at all relate to your OOC in game wealth. Just as many RPers do not define themselves strictly by their class levels, many also do not use in game gil to define their character's wealth (though some do, which is perfectly fine).

This poll, once again, focuses on your primary character only. This is very important to note because some may hail from wealthy families, but their individual character may not be wealthy at all due to being cut off or whatever. So please keep this mind.

Character wealth can also fluctuate naturally over a course of time. As such, this poll will reflect characters around the start of ARR's launch specifically. In other words, how is your character entering the RP scene at his/her most economic stable point in regards to wealth?

Not all possible options may be available, so please pick the one that best describes your character. I'm purposely keeping this very simplistic. Feel free to respond with a more in depth response to better explain your character's situation! I'm sure people are interested in such explanations!

RE: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth) - Alothia - 03-19-2013

Alothia is a self-made-woman from humble beginnings. What wealth she does have, she shares.

RE: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth) - Rhashi Nefhys - 03-19-2013

I went for poor. You won't find my character begging on the streets but he doesn't earn or own much and has enough to keep him well enough.

RE: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth) - Yssen - 03-19-2013

I am unsure of how to define a bandit's economic stability.

RE: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth) - Kylin - 03-19-2013

(03-19-2013, 01:11 PM)Yssen Wrote: I am unsure of how to define a bandit's economic stability.

Personally, I'd classify most bandits as lower-class. But that could just be me. I guess another way to word this if one can't figure it out is: how would outsiders generally view the character? ^^

RE: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth) - John Spiegel - 03-19-2013

JJ is the kind of guy would give 10k to a begger and someone would comment "Wow! You must be rich!" JJ would reply: "Nope. That was the last gil I had. Time to go hunt dinner!"

At times in the past, he's had a good bit of gil saved up that he used to fund his boy to school. Right out of the time-leap, JJ will probably have between 10-100k on him, but go right into camping and survivalism rather than a warm bed and meal.

RE: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth) - Rhostel - 03-19-2013

Rhostel lives leve to leve, not concerned with wealth but with life experience. Moneygrubbing's the Ul'dahn way, which she just rolls her eyes at. Getting stronger, proving yourself, that's the Ala Mhigo way - the Highlander way, at least as she knows it. Gil is useful, but you can't bribe a rampaging peiste to not kill you.

So she's working class, and proud.

RE: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth) - Duplicitous Rex - 03-19-2013

Klarimel has the assets of his now deceased brigand group to work with. This combines up to a fairly high amount of wealth, though it's mostly in goods and not currency.

RE: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth) - Eva - 03-19-2013

After some pondering, I cast my vote for 'middle-class' though in some ways Eva kind of spans all three categories.

When her father passed (about six months before Dalamud kaboom'd) he left her with an exorbitant amount of gil as her inheritance. She never realized the extent of his wealth when he was alive, and he never really spoke of it in any great detail. But it was important to him that she be brought up modestly, and her childhood home was a glorified hovel and they lived like paupers, but always had what they needed. There are some other reasons for this but I don't want to give away too much.

Long story short though, she never really knew what to do with all of the money and essentially just sat on it and never really spoke much about it, even with those closest to her. She made a few small donations to her old boss/friend to keep his book shop afloat, and an occasional donation to the poor - but never anything really life-altering. She'd read her father's journals and knew how he felt about the wealthy, so it always perplexed her why he didn't do something else with the fortune he had amassed.

After disappearing into the rift for five years time, we think it makes sense that her home would be looted, her gil found and plundered, and her left borderline destitute. We haven't really pored over the specifics just yet, but she had grown to be an accomplished seamstress over those last few years, so she will possess the means to get back on her feet again. So we felt middle class was probably the most appropriate answer, if we're looking at a character's financial status at the time right when ARR kicks off again.

RE: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth) - Gerik - 03-19-2013

Gerik got together with some upper class guy.  That's pretty much it Heart

RE: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth) - Nel Celestine - 03-19-2013

Nel is has moved to barely be upper class now. But most of her net worth is tied up inside her business.  "Eorzean Trading Company"  She does have liquid capitol but it's towards the high end of middle class.

RE: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth) - Ciara Snow - 03-19-2013

I would have to say both Kyri and Ciara would be about middle class. Ciara was gathering for her late husbands gold shop in Uldah and Kyris always had "expensive" tastes. Things my change with ARR but as neither was sent to the future I doubt they have prospered much.

RE: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth) - Sophia - 03-19-2013

I'll be going with Lower-Class, myself!

I have the background idea ready. I'm thinking my character used to be somewhere between middle and upper, but Dalamud crashing and Bahamut going crazy had side effects all over Eorzea!

She wasn't in the time jump, she'll be played as if she's lived through the change in time naturally. And in turn, she's lost practically everything she had.

So, yeah! Lower for me.

RE: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth) - Deirdre - 03-19-2013

Deirdre is in Lower Class~

While she makes a good chunk of gil with her various skills, all of it goes to her children, who are being taken care of by another family. This is the case for now, she could very well drift in to the middle class.

RE: RPC Census, Part II (Wealth) - Nako Vesh - 03-19-2013

I guess the closest thing for Nako is lower class. Somehow I doubt Wood Wailers get a large salary. It seems like a job that someone would only take if the job was the reward in itself, which is how Nako views it. She has simple tastes, and can easily live off the land so she has little need for money anyway.