Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to RP, New to Balmung - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to RP, New to Balmung (/showthread.php?tid=18034)

New to RP, New to Balmung - Zerro - 12-29-2016

Hello! I am Zerro! i am new to the Roleplaying scene and also new to Balmung. I have read a few of the guides (very well made btw)  and have a loose understand of what i want my character to be but i am working towards something more concrete. So i am looking for maybe a Linkshell or FC to play with! if you have any tips tricks or so forth please let me know!

RE: New to RP, New to Balmung - Thunderbolt300 - 12-29-2016

Hey there, and welcome aboard to Balmung and the RPC! Thumbsup

So, I'd suggest hitting the main listings over here:

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53

Beyond that? Hit the Quicksand Adventurer's Guild in Ul'dah. That's the best place you can go to try your hand at RP and get used to everything. It's the de-facto place for pick-up RP (otherwise referred to as random RP). You can also freely observe other RP'ers if you want to get a bit more used to it beforehand, because there is a TON around the Quicksand at all hours of the day and night.

RE: New to RP, New to Balmung - Faye - 12-29-2016

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! Big Grin Good luck jumping into RP, and feel free to post here if you come up with any questions!

RE: New to RP, New to Balmung - Lamia - 12-29-2016

Welcome to Eorzea and Balmung as well! Big Grin

I have a few linkshells you might be interested in! One is an OOC/Social Linkshell Called Open RP, it's a wonderful group full of role players and you get event pings as well in terms of what is going on for that day within the RP community. Then theres Acronycal, an IC/RP linkshell that is basically a linkpearl your character randomly finds, and can start chatting with other characters all over Eorzea. It's great for fleshing out how your character interacts with others on a more verbal scale.

As for Fc's, if you don't mind a small but Active (daily) FC, I could recommend Wanderer's Respite. Or even just popping in if you'd like. We're a social lounge, and center around giving those who walk in our door interaction. Conversation, company, etc. So perhaps your character may be interested in employment? Or merely popping in to make new friends, or get to know some new faces? Either way! Your welcome to speak to me for more information n.n

RE: New to RP, New to Balmung - Zerro - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 02:58 AM)Lamia Wrote: Welcome to Eorzea and Balmung as well! Big Grin

I have a few linkshells you might be interested in! One is an OOC/Social Linkshell Called Open RP, it's a wonderful group full of role players and you get event pings as well in terms of what is going on for that day within the RP community. Then theres Acronycal, an IC/RP linkshell that is basically a linkpearl your character randomly finds, and can start chatting with other characters all over Eorzea. It's great for fleshing out how your character interacts with others on a more verbal scale.

As for Fc's, if you don't mind a small but Active (daily) FC, I could recommend Wanderer's Respite. Or even just popping in if you'd like. We're a social lounge, and center around giving those who walk in our door interaction. Conversation, company, etc. So perhaps your character may be interested in employment? Or merely popping in to make new friends, or get to know some new faces? Either way! Your welcome to speak to me for more information n.n
All of your offers sounds amazing! How do i know with the pick? I dont mind small FC's at all. So i can try Open RP for a while and then go to Acronycal right?

RE: New to RP, New to Balmung - Lamia - 12-29-2016

Open Rp and acronycal are both linkshells, best part about those! Is that you can join up to seven all at the same time~ So no need to try one out and then the other, you can be in both at the same time!

Their basically player made chat channels, and if you want to hunt for others to join, there is the linkshell hall here on the RPC that's full of some good ones.

As for Wanderer's, were in the housing district of goblet near Ul'dah. Ward 1, plot 25. Your free to wander in at anytime, no pun intended. xD Lamia's usually there unless he's out on errands, but your free to whisper me in game as well on Lamia Vuinuet to give me a poke~

RE: New to RP, New to Balmung - Zerro - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 03:23 AM)Lamia Wrote: Open Rp and acronycal are both linkshells, best part about those! Is that you can join up to seven all at the same time~ So no need to try one out and then the other, you can be in both at the same time!

Their basically player made chat channels, and if you want to hunt for others to join, there is the linkshell hall here on the RPC that's full of some good ones.

As for Wanderer's, were in the housing district of goblet near Ul'dah. Ward 1, plot 25. Your free to wander in at anytime, no pun intended. xD Lamia's usually there unless he's out on errands, but your free to whisper me in game as well on Lamia Vuinuet to give me a poke~

I will take your word for it then? do you know of anyone who could add me to the linkshells my character is Zerro Kay

RE: New to RP, New to Balmung - Deahfel - 12-29-2016

Hello and welcome to Balmung and the RPC! If you can tell us a little bit about what you have in mind for your character we can probably give you some recommendations for some LS or FC's that would fit your character or style well. Other than that it would be just looking over all the listings and there can be quite a few.

Feel free to send me a tell for some RP if you see me around!

RE: New to RP, New to Balmung - Zerro - 12-30-2016

(12-29-2016, 08:05 PM)Deahfel Wrote: Hello and welcome to Balmung and the RPC! If you can tell us a little bit about what you have in mind for your character we can probably give you some recommendations for some LS or FC's that would fit your character or style well. Other than that it would be just looking over all the listings and there can be quite a few.

Well my highest level class is monk and i have someone thought of a "lore" for the classes that i will use and level. Personality wise my character has a calm temperment but easily excitable when it comes to things he is passionate about this being Wildlife(both plants and animals), and what can stem from those (culinary and alchemy classes) . With this in my he tends to come and go at will though will always be around for those who need him. Dislikes arrogant people and overly complicated things. to him both Seem to taint the air around him which is highly repugnant to him. 

This is the kinda stuff i have in mind what do i need to work on?

RE: New to RP, New to Balmung - Deahfel - 12-30-2016

(12-30-2016, 02:12 AM)Zerro Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 08:05 PM)Deahfel Wrote: Hello and welcome to Balmung and the RPC! If you can tell us a little bit about what you have in mind for your character we can probably give you some recommendations for some LS or FC's that would fit your character or style well. Other than that it would be just looking over all the listings and there can be quite a few.

Well my highest level class is monk and i have someone thought of a "lore" for the classes that i will use and level. Personality wise my character has a calm temperment but easily excitable when it comes to things he is passionate about this being Wildlife(both plants and animals), and what can stem from those (culinary and alchemy classes) . With this in my he tends to come and go at will though will always be around for those who need him. Dislikes arrogant people and overly complicated things. to him both Seem to taint the air around him which is highly repugnant to him. 

This is the kinda stuff i have in mind what do i need to work on?

Sounds like some type of nature themed FC where you could hunt and gather would be one idea. You can talk with Kasi and see if shroud life would be a good fit for you. Being a cook or alchemist I think would also fit in as a trader or skilled craftsman where you could make some RP connections trading (There is a bazaar event that might be to your liking, Sea Breeze Bazaar IIRC). Ultimately that is a very flexible background and I think you will be able to find success in any free company or LS that sounds good to you.