Hydaelyn Role-Players
Back in FFXIV - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Back in FFXIV (/showthread.php?tid=18035)

Back in FFXIV - TKae - 12-29-2016

Hi everyone!

My name is TKae. I've owned the game since release, but never really got into it because of the Balmung lock, school, and being too lazy to level a character up very far. I eventually got onto Balmung and designed a character I love, but never roleplayed with him until I felt like I'd advanced far enough into the game. By that point the game hadn't really impressed me, so I dropped it.

A few weeks ago I got the itch to pick him up again, and got back into the game. I'm loving it so much more this time around! With a class I enjoy and time to actually play the game, I'm finally ready to start getting him into some RP. 

I'm not exactly sure where to start though. Free Companies and RP Linkshells are still a bit foreign to me, but seem like something I'd be interested in. I plan on dabbling in walk-up RP, but I prefer to RP with people I know and enjoy being with OOC.

A bit about me: I got my start with RP in The Sims Online, then moved to Star Wars Galaxies and City of Heroes. After CoH was killed, I drifted away from RP when Champions Online didn't grab my interest. Since then, I've been in school studying fiction and nonfiction writing, psychology, and clinical mental health practice. To sum all that up, I'm very comfortable with characters and writing, rusty but familiar with RP, and clueless about these fancy things like Wikis and Tumblrs. 

It's nice to meet you all! Any suggestions or offers are greatly appreciated. Hope to see you all around!

RE: Back in FFXIV - Ryslo Suramlo - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 05:23 AM)TKae Wrote: Hi everyone!

My name is TKae. I've owned the game since release, but never really got into it because of the Balmung lock, school, and being too lazy to level a character up very far. I eventually got onto Balmung and designed a character I love, but never roleplayed with him until I felt like I'd advanced far enough into the game. By that point the game hadn't really impressed me, so I dropped it.

A few weeks ago I got the itch to pick him up again, and got back into the game. I'm loving it so much more this time around! With a class I enjoy and time to actually play the game, I'm finally ready to start getting him into some RP. 

I'm not exactly sure where to start though. Free Companies and RP Linkshells are still a bit foreign to me, but seem like something I'd be interested in. I plan on dabbling in walk-up RP, but I prefer to RP with people I know and enjoy being with OOC.

A bit about me: I got my start with RP in The Sims Online, then moved to Star Wars Galaxies and City of Heroes. After CoH was killed, I drifted away from RP when Champions Online didn't grab my interest. Since then, I've been in school studying fiction and nonfiction writing, psychology, and clinical mental health practice. To sum all that up, I'm very comfortable with characters and writing, rusty but familiar with RP, and clueless about these fancy things like Wikis and Tumblrs. 

It's nice to meet you all! Any suggestions or offers are greatly appreciated. Hope to see you all around!

Ah good old Starwars Galaxies! My name on that game was Eruadan Myrunji on the Eclipse Server. The freedom of that game was almost unlimited as you could construct your own towering towns, create rp scenes using tokens and props... ah so much! We use to do Bunker Bust events lol playing the TCG while we waited for them to explode for Conquest Points.

Well then, I am glad you have chosen to come to this Website, there are a plethora of people here to help you and field Questions. Anyroad it is a pleasure to meet you and if your on the Balmung Server feel free to look me up (Ryslo Suramlo)

RE: Back in FFXIV - PSDuckie - 12-29-2016

Feel free to look me up as well.  I'm Tyll'a Starr on Balmung.

RE: Back in FFXIV - Thunderbolt300 - 12-29-2016

Hey there and welcome aboard! Thumbsup

The Quicksand Adventurer's Guild in Uldah is your best bet for walk up RP. Beyond that, checking the FC and LS listings would be a good start. Finally, tossing up a Making Connections thread with a discription of your character and what you're looking for will give you some more long term encounters. In any case, best of luck! It's a big community, so you should be able to find just about anything.

RE: Back in FFXIV - Deahfel - 12-29-2016

Hello and welcome to the RPC! Feel free to look me up for some RP or some OOC psychology discussion! Big Grin