Hydaelyn Role-Players
New kid on the block 2k17 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New kid on the block 2k17 (/showthread.php?tid=18061)

New kid on the block 2k17 - Coriginal - 01-01-2017

Hey there; I'm new around these parts. Not to role-playing, but to FFXIV. So I far I'm enjoying what little I've played of the game and I'm looking forward to RPing with you all! I'm going to stick to one character, an Au Ra (whose name I will update on my profile at a later date) after my transfer. I still have to wait a couple days before I'm eligible to.

See you in-game soon!Chocobo

RE: New kid on the block 2k17 - Maril - 01-01-2017

Welcome aboard!

Remember that you can bring up to 8 characters along in the same server transfer. I can recommend getting more than one across as you never know when you might need an alt. Have fun!

RE: New kid on the block 2k17 - Thunderbolt300 - 01-01-2017

Welcome aboard to the RPC and Balmung! Thumbsup

Be sure to create a Making Connections post whenever you get settled in- it'll help you dip your toes into some RP right off the bat once you have a fairly decent idea what you're going to be looking for!

RE: New kid on the block 2k17 - Syranelle Ironleaf - 01-01-2017

Hey there and welcome to Balmung!

The best place to start is with the Balmung RP Calendar and finding a few events that angle toward the kind of RP you're interested in.  Then you can start looking at other character profiles once you've found a few characters or personalities you'd like to meet.  While you're window shopping, be sure to check out the Free Company Hall or the Linkshell Hall to find Free Companies and public groups that may suit your character.

For lore questions, be sure to check out Sounsyy's Lore Compilations; she's done an amazing job with compiling a lot of the game lore into easy-to-find threads!

You're welcome to add me to your friends list; I'm a fairly busy person, both in-game and out, but I'm always happy to schedule/arrange a day to roleplay with folks!  You're also welcome to come out to my Free Company's open roleplay evening Nights on the Toll, which happens every Thursday that I'm not hosting the Gridania Story-Go-Round.

All that said, I hope you find what you're looking for and hopefully I'll see you around in-game!

RE: New kid on the block 2k17 - Ririla Rila - 01-01-2017

Hey there, Welcome to Balmung! A place where dreams come true! ... Or something. Looking forward to your transfer, if you'd like to RP with my little Lala then look me up or chuck a message on here. As said above the making connections part of the forum is also a great way to meet new people and engage in exciting plotlines/Story Arcs.

See you in Eorzea~

RE: New kid on the block 2k17 - Coriginal - 01-03-2017

Hey everyone, thanks for the warm welcome. Trying to transfer as I post this. Will definitely check out those links too Big Grin

RE: New kid on the block 2k17 - Faye - 01-03-2017

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! Big Grin I hope to see you on Balmung soon!

RE: New kid on the block 2k17 - Deahfel - 01-03-2017

Hello and welcome to the RPC and Balmung!

RE: New kid on the block 2k17 - Coriginal - 01-03-2017

Transfer complete! I'll be playing the Auri Lancer Ryouta Sakamoto.