Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ellmida's Dreambook - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Ellmida's Dreambook (/showthread.php?tid=18092)

Ellmida's Dreambook - Ellmida - 01-04-2017

I have the same dream, I’m standing in front of a housewhile the skies burn above and a man whose face I don’t remember comforts me and tells me to wait before turning his back on me and running into the chaos. I call out, but he doesn’t seem to hear me and I’m left alone. I know the man in my dreams is my father and he’s gone to look for my brother. The dream always ends with him leaving and in reality I only obey him for so long until I too have to go.

I like to think that dreams are memories, even the sillyones that don’t look like they should make sense and the bad ones we don’t like to remember. It’s nice to imagine that we might have been birds once or sailed through clouds of fresh cream on seas of chocolate and then things seem less terrifying. In one of my favorite dreams I see my mother singing, my memories tell me this is  common and why I knowhow music should sound. I like to think she must have been a great singer once to have the kind of voice of my memories, but she gave it all up for us. My papa is always lifting me up and I have memories of big strong hands and red hair like mine with dreams filled with laughter, both of me and my brothers. Sometimes I wish I could remember the faces, but I feel blessed that the dreams are always of happy memories.

It will be eightyears since my search began, but I’m not discouraged, I know that I just need to look in different places.

This will be my first week in Gridania and everything’sbegun on a positive foot, I think it’s important to get to know the local people, you never know what you might learn and it’s always nice to get interesting insight on how things are going in the area, sometimes I think I sleep outside too much so this week I plan to change that! Gridania is a city in a forest so it’s much less of a shock than you would think for me, after all I only have to look out a window and feel right at home, plus the local Archer’s Guild has given me so many great pointers that I think my skills have even improved! No more hungry nights for Ell that’ for sure!

No one I asked so far can tell me if they’ve seen the personI describe to them, which is not always new and it just means I there’s one more place I can cross off the map. I try to be as descriptive as possible when I can, red hair, a big sword and strong arms with a soft voice. I know what I have is not much to go on so think I would be a lot more worried if there were too many sightings, this is really why I stopped including the others,  turns out they look like a lot of otherpeople, so sorry brother!  Sorry mom! Ipromise I’ve not given up yet!

I thought it would be nice to lend a hand while I’m here andjust jeep asking around, after all everyone has been so nice so far and there’s too many people to cross off in one day, plus it gets exhausting when you have to follow every lead. Still, it’s important to be thorough!