Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello, it's me - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello, it's me (/showthread.php?tid=18098)

Hello, it's me - Rae Naeuri - 01-04-2017

Hey gang(s),

I'm going to be playing Rae Oryx, a spunky Raen fighter. FFXIV has been one of my favourite MMOs for a long time. I played the game like mad during the launch of ARR and the launch of Heavensward, and now I'm back again.

The trick is that I was actually playing on Ultros that whole time. For my third coming, I decided to bite the bullet and transfer a new character to Balmung so that I can enjoy some RP while I play. I've been roleplaying on and off in MMOs since the late days of Star Wars Galaxies, so RP and MMOs have always been hand-in-hand for me.

Like I said earlier, I plan on playing an excitable, pumped-up Raen. She's a refugee from Doma (like most Au Ra) and struggles to adjust to Eorzea, its culture and its language. I think it should be fun. I don't really know much about FFXIV's lore admittedly, so I'd love some coaching in that regard if anyone is willing to give it. Otherwise, I'm just looking for friends, both IC and out. Invite me to your LSs so I'm not lonely.

I'd love to hear from some of you if you think we'll get along. I'll be cruising these forums and leveling until then.

Ta ta

RE: Hello, it's me - Deahfel - 01-04-2017

Hello and welcome the RPC and Balmung! I am definitely not the person to be instructing on lore, but I am sure you can find one on the forums easily enough. If your character is looking for a friend feel free to send me a tell or drop by Gridania to say hi!

RE: Hello, it's me - Blackwell - 01-04-2017

Hello there, and welcome to Balmung!

Finn loiters around Ul'dah a lot and tends to be fairly amiable, she and Rae would probably get along, and while I'm no lore expert I'm always happy to chat! Feel free to poke any time Thumbsup

RE: Hello, it's me - Sounsyy - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 07:11 PM)Rae Oryx Wrote: Like I said earlier, I plan on playing an excitable, pumped-up Raen. She's a refugee from Doma (like most Au Ra) and struggles to adjust to Eorzea, its culture and its language. I think it should be fun. I don't really know much about FFXIV's lore admittedly, so I'd love some coaching in that regard if anyone is willing to give it.

Hi there! Welcome to the RPC and Balmung! Eorzea's lore can be pretty tricky to get a handle on at first, but I think I can help out in that department. I'm currently trying to compile all my lore stuff into a single thread here, but until then, I've been passing out this starter kit for people. Additionally, I've got a pretty large compilation on Doma and the Raen you might find helpful!

-Doma, Raen, and Ninja Lore Compilation

Eorzean Lore Starter Kit
-Racial Lore Compilation
-Class/Job Lore Compilation
-Hydaelyn Geography Lore
-Settlements in Eorzea Pre-Calamity
-Eorzean City-states' Political Structures Lore
-Eorzean Units of Time and Measurement Lore

Hope this helps! ^^

RE: Hello, it's me - Thunderbolt300 - 01-04-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard to Balmung! Thumbsup

You're certainly welcome to run into Kasi, if she tickles at all! Kasi wanders a great deal so she can show up pretty much anywhere on a job or contract. She can show up as a friend, or even an enemy, depending!

RE: Hello, it's me - Lamia - 01-04-2017

Welcome back to Eorzea! And welcome to balmung as well! \o/

I have a few linkshells I'm in that you might find wonderful. Open RP is one, which is a social/OOC LS that is full of roleplayers, and gives event pings when their planned for the say. And then there's Acronycal! it's an IC/RP LS thats full of all sorts of characters to interact with vocally.

If the Rp, or my character would interest. Lamia is very sympathetic to the plight of the domans, and keeps his doors open to them in terms of giving them a place to go and get their bearings. As well as food, and drink in the form of tea. He'd be more then open to helping them adjust to life in Eorzea as well, and even offer lessons in some aspects of the culture, in exchange for knowledge of doma, and it's own people. :3 Your free to poke me here! or in game at your leisure on Lamia Vuinuet~

RE: Hello, it's me - Rae Naeuri - 01-04-2017

Thanks for all the replies! I'll see you guys in-game.

Sounsyy, thank you for compiling that lore and posting it. I really appreciate your work, makes the transition a lot easier.