Hydaelyn Role-Players
Returning player here - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Returning player here (/showthread.php?tid=18108)

Returning player here - Darcey - 01-05-2017

Hello! I am a returning player to the game and I was on Gilgamesh when it was the second RP server. It seems as if everyone is on Balmung now but that server has been disabled for new characters for 3 days now... Still trying.....

RE: Returning player here - Aya - 01-05-2017

(01-05-2017, 04:12 PM)Darcey Wrote: Hello! I am a returning player to the game and I was on Gilgamesh when it was the second RP server. It seems as if everyone is on Balmung now but that server has been disabled for new characters for 3 days now... Still trying.....
Hi Darcey!  This is the normal status for Balmung, although it can sometimes be snuck on to after resets that about the only time it is ever open (and there is almost always even a short queue to log on, but I think they changed it to a soft queue with a brief maximum wait at some point, that or the server is literally always hovering just right at the cap!)

The most reliable way to get on server is to perform a character transfer.  That also allows you to move, I think, up to eight characters at a time if you like alts, or think you ever may want some alt slots.

Good luck! Smile

RE: Returning player here - Ryslo Suramlo - 01-05-2017

(01-05-2017, 04:28 PM)Aya Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 04:12 PM)Darcey Wrote: Hello! I am a returning player to the game and I was on Gilgamesh when it was the second RP server. It seems as if everyone is on Balmung now but that server has been disabled for new characters for 3 days now... Still trying.....
Hi Darcey!  This is the normal status for Balmung, although it can sometimes be snuck on to after resets that about the only time it is ever open (and there is almost always even a short queue to log on, but I think they changed it to a soft queue with a brief maximum wait at some point, that or the server is literally always hovering just right at the cap!)

The most reliable way to get on server is to perform a character transfer.  That also allows you to move, I think, up to eight characters at a time if you like alts, or think you ever may want some alt slots.

Good luck! Smile

Unfortunately to transfer more then 1 character you have to pay for each character that you are transferring but I do agree that the best way to secure a place on Balmung is through their Transfer Service. It seem to have little hassle associated with it and was nearly instant though it will cost you real currency to do this, I suggest transferring the character you want most.

RE: Returning player here - Thunderbolt300 - 01-05-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

As has already been said, the best option is really to pay the $18 server transfer fee. You'll waste a whole lot less time (and money) to just bite the bullet and start having fun doing RP with away!

RE: Returning player here - Darcey - 01-06-2017

Yeah, I suppose I could transfer a character, however, I really wanted to start a new character to relearn the changes since I've been gone.

RE: Returning player here - ExAtomos - 01-06-2017

(01-05-2017, 07:15 PM)Ryslo Suramlo Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 04:28 PM)Aya Wrote: The most reliable way to get on server is to perform a character transfer.  That also allows you to move, I think, up to eight characters at a time if you like alts, or think you ever may want some alt slots.

Good luck! Smile

Unfortunately to transfer more then 1 character you have to pay for each character that you are transferring but I do agree that the best way to secure a place on Balmung is through their Transfer Service. It seem to have little hassle associated with it and was nearly instant though it will cost you real currency to do this, I suggest transferring the character you want most.

o.oa
You pay $18 total to move up to 8 characters from one server to another. I paid this amount to move 5 from Atomos to Balmung. You would only pay this amount per character if you had one character on 8 different servers and wanted to transfer each one to Balmung.

(01-06-2017, 09:23 AM)Darcey Wrote: Yeah, I suppose I could transfer a character, however, I really wanted to start a new character to relearn the changes since I've been gone.

Totally understand this. I would suggest making a full roster of 8 characters (unless you are on the basic plan ofc) and paying to transfer them in. You can play them or not as you wish and see which idea you had works best for you as you re-learn the game. Smile

RE: Returning player here - Ririla Rila - 01-06-2017

Welcome back cupcake! I would personally just transfer them in ^^; silly balmung is always locked :c