Hydaelyn Role-Players
H-hello everyone! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: H-hello everyone! (/showthread.php?tid=18141)

H-hello everyone! - Paperpuffs - 01-09-2017

I've been poking around the forums and wiki for a few months now and finally got the courage to make an account lol. 

I started out on Faerie but transfered to Balmung because the only person I knew that played this game was there. I've been rping for several years now but only on DeviantArt in rp groups. When I learned I was on a rp server I thought I'd give it a try. Ive had some interactions here and there but I'm still very awkward;;; But I rping and meeting new people so I'm not giving up (ง •̀ω•́)ง✧

I play mostly on my main Talar Or'tas where I had those few interactions but I recently transferred in a revamped version of my favorite character I ever played, Lucinda Kovix, who I want to mainly rp. I consider myself more of a causal rper but I do cherish character development and relationships! 

I'm still trying to figure out how rp LS actually work and was wondering if any people here do headcanons?? It's popular in my current rp group since a lot of people in it are very busy irl.

Anyways its nice to meet you all and hope to see you in-game!! ٩(*´︶`*)۶

RE: H-hello everyone! - Faye - 01-09-2017

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! Smile People do use headcanons in MMO RP (granted, usually just among their small group of friends who have discussed and agreed upon them)!

RE: H-hello everyone! - Blackwell - 01-09-2017

Hello there, and welcome! Heart

RE: H-hello everyone! - Thunderbolt300 - 01-09-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to Balmung and the RPC! Thumbsup

RE: H-hello everyone! - Deahfel - 01-09-2017

Hello and welcome to the RPC! If you have any questions or are looking for someone to RP with feel free to send me a tell!

RE: H-hello everyone! - Ririla Rila - 01-09-2017

Hiya cupcake! Massive welcome to the RPC! I have to say.. I absolutely love your account name ; ; *throws cupcakes and confetti*

RE: H-hello everyone! - Aya - 01-09-2017

(01-09-2017, 02:22 AM)Paperpuffs Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out how rp LS actually work and was wondering if any people here do headcanons?? It's popular in my current rp group since a lot of people in it are very busy irl.

Anyways its nice to meet you all and hope to see you in-game!! ٩(*´︶`*)۶

Hiii! Welcome to the RPC and to Balmung!  Hopefully you find the transfer worth it Smile

I don't know how much RP actually occurs in LSes, beyond the occasional "phone-like" conversation that involves multiple people and is easier to handle that way than in a party. 

Head-cannons are definitely a thing, there is no way around it.  For one, people have RP experiences that roughly 0.01% of the community shares.  For two, the lore and the expressed world are not complete.  There's a wide expanse of grey area to be explored and worked within.  That said, the more firmly rooted in shared canon the better.  I know there are quite a few head-canon assumptions in Aya's own background, for example, but nothing that could not be hand-waved away to RP with her if, for example, someone didn't want to believe that there is more Ishgardian city beneath the surface portion that we can access in-game.