Hydaelyn Role-Players
Samurai and Blue Mage in FFXIV - Weapons - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Samurai and Blue Mage in FFXIV - Weapons (/showthread.php?tid=18174)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Samurai and Blue Mage in FFXIV - Weapons - Gegenji - 01-13-2017

(01-12-2017, 07:08 PM)H.H. Wrote: Though it's unlikely, I would sort of like to see SAM designed with something like Johnny's coin/Mist Finer mechanics from Guilty Gear in mind. Actually, I just want SAM to be Johhny from Guilty Gear.
Zenniage/Gil Toss is a classic Samurai move in the games! So if SAM was introduced, I could totally see them including it. Possibly as a ranged attack, and maybe serving as the Tomahawk/Shield Toss/Unmend if they do decide to make it a tank? Throw coin, get aggro.

RE: Samurai and Blue Mage in FFXIV - Weapons - Cailean Lockwood - 01-13-2017

(01-13-2017, 09:57 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 07:08 PM)H.H. Wrote: Though it's unlikely, I would sort of like to see SAM designed with something like Johnny's coin/Mist Finer mechanics from Guilty Gear in mind. Actually, I just want SAM to be Johhny from Guilty Gear.
Zenniage/Gil Toss is a classic Samurai move in the games! So if SAM was introduced, I could totally see them including it. Possibly as a ranged attack, and maybe serving as the Tomahawk/Shield Toss/Unmend if they do decide to make it a tank? Throw coin, get aggro.

As long it doesn't mean we lose actual gil on it. XD

RE: Samurai and Blue Mage in FFXIV - Weapons - Warren Castille - 01-23-2017

Related to this discussion, maybe?

Show Content

People found the abbreviation in the .dat files.

RE: Samurai and Blue Mage in FFXIV - Weapons - Gegenji - 01-23-2017

I remember seeing that too. If it's not just a troll, both my Lalas MAY be toting new classes. Will have to see how it plays out.

Nah, .dat mining is a tried and true tradition. Making shit up is 1) highly frowned upon and 2) easily proven fake.

RE: Samurai and Blue Mage in FFXIV - Weapons - Gegenji - 01-23-2017

I meant more a troll on the part of the developers. They "name" it SAM, but it's actually something else. But I'd figure they wouldn't play the dataminers like that... will have to see, I suppose.

Oh, that'd be some next-level shit. It's unlikely but possible I suppose. Yoshi knows we datmine stuff; He specifically asked people to not rip the Turn 11 cutscene reveals and post them to social media or youtube so it'd remain special and for the most part, the community listened to that.

RE: Samurai and Blue Mage in FFXIV - Weapons - Teadrinker - 01-23-2017

(01-23-2017, 11:09 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I meant more a troll on the part of the developers. They "name" it SAM, but it's actually something else. But I'd figure they wouldn't play the dataminers like that... will have to see, I suppose.

That would be unfunny I don't think SE is that tasteless.

*casually sits a sock aside in case Yoshi makes her have to eat it*

I still want like...the ronin style. I'd love the SAM questline to like...go back in the past and show the struggle of Doma vs the Garleans I think it'd be a super interesting and refreshing take on the whole thing. Maybe memories via the soul crystal?

#wishfulthinking

I've mentioned it in conversations before but if you go and look at Regulus' stance in ARF he's got a decidedly-bushido thing going on with the way he holds his guntana. I half-wondered if that'd be related to when the job was inevitably added.

edit:
[Image: ss-382.jpg]

What if they unmask him and he's an Au Ra.

GASP. THAT HAT IS FOR HORNS??

Cactuar

Show Content

(01-23-2017, 11:26 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
Show Content

Show Content