Hydaelyn Role-Players
Newish to FFXIV, but not RP :) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Newish to FFXIV, but not RP :) (/showthread.php?tid=18175)

Newish to FFXIV, but not RP :) - Kailani - 01-12-2017

Hello RPCers,

I'm Kailani, or "Kai" (Ky) as I'm called in game most times. I'm new to FFXIV as of a month or two ago, but not to RP as I've been doing it for about a decade, mostly inspired by MMO's/games. My home is Balmung and my main is a SCH. Roleplay and story writing is a huge passion of mine, but I also enjoy the PvE aspect of the game just as much. I try to balance my time between the two so I don't get burnt out.

I've taken the last month getting to know the game while leveling, learning the lore, making a few great friends and pulling together my main's life story. Kailani Malia is a Miqo'te (but don't hold that against her!), though she distances herself from the Seekers culture and the tribes way of life. She feels much more at home among other sorts, mainly Hyur's as most of her friends are of that race.

Just a general thank you to the community for being so friendly and helpful, as I've never seen a MMO full of such accommodating and supportive players. I've really enjoyed being part of this group so far and look forward to seeing all that FFXIV has to offer.

RE: Newish to FFXIV, but not RP :) - Syranelle Ironleaf - 01-12-2017

Hey there and welcome to Balmung!

The best place to start is with the Balmung RP Calendar and finding a few events that angle toward the kind of RP you're interested in.  Then you can start looking at other character profiles once you've found a few characters or personalities you'd like to meet.  While you're window shopping, be sure to check out the Free Company Hall or the Linkshell Hall to find Free Companies and public groups that may suit your character.  If you're ready to put yourself out there and find some new friends, stop by the Making Connections forum and start fishing for some roleplay!

For lore questions, be sure to check out Sounsyy's Lore Compilations; she's done an amazing job with compiling a lot of the game lore into easy-to-find threads!

You're welcome to add me to your friends list; I'm a fairly busy person, both in-game and out, but I'm always happy to schedule/arrange a day to roleplay with folks!  You're also welcome to come out to my Free Company's open roleplay evening Nights on the Toll, which happens every Thursday that I'm not hosting the Gridania Story-Go-Round.

All that said, I hope you find what you're looking for and hopefully I'll see you around in-game!

RE: Newish to FFXIV, but not RP :) - Faye - 01-12-2017

Hello there, welcome to FFXIV! Big Grin I'm glad to the community has been good to you!

RE: Newish to FFXIV, but not RP :) - Thunderbolt300 - 01-12-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard to FFXIV and the RPC! Thumbsup

I'll keep an eye out for your Making Connections. Miqo'te master race.