Hydaelyn Role-Players
Roll Eorzea - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Roll Eorzea (/showthread.php?tid=18264)

Roll Eorzea - Nihka - 01-18-2017

This Linkshell:

Roll Eorzea is a linkshell dedicated to the discussion and use of roll systems in MMO RP. The most popular system, currently, is Fate-14 2.0, designed by Verad. We welcome all players and anyone interested in running a story through the use of a roll system is encouraged to use this linkshell as a resource to find players who are interested.

We are an out-of-character linkshell, intended primarily as a resource and forum to allow constructive conversation about ways that dice can augment the RP we all enjoy. 

That said, we don't advocate that dice are a requirement. Personally I would not want every aspect of my RP to be dictated by dice. The dice are meant to keep both player and storyteller accountable while also making it possible for the story to move in ways that not even the Storyteller/DM could have predicted.

How to Join:
Contact me, either here on the RPC or in game. My character name is Nihka Mioni. 

Rules:
  • The Linkshell is a civil environment. Please refrain from hostility towards others, harassment of any sort, or inflammatory hate speech.
  • Respect other members. Everyone is welcome to design a roll system if they wish to, and all Storyteller/DMs will interpret the rules differently, even if they use the same system.
  • We don't need to debate the relative merits of styles of RP conflict resolution. Emote-based fighting, roll-based fighting, and mechanic-based fighting (PvP) are all valid and worth using. Discussing them is good. However, this linkshell is specifically dedicated to roll-based, so let's keep things on topic.
I have included in this Linkshell my personal philosophy for how I intend to run it. The rules listed here are incomplete, but you will generally be able to know what sort of decisions I will make if you look over that philosophy.

RE: Roll Eorzea - Nihka - 03-19-2017

A new system is in the works! It is still in testing phase, but Verad has adapted yet another gaming system to the FFXIV world. This time, HeroQuest. Links to the rules will be posted once it is out of testing!
Remember, we are happy to include links to any dice systems that people like to use.

RE: Roll Eorzea - Nihka - 05-17-2017

The State of the Linkshell, May 2017

As what I have arbitrarily chosen to call the third season of Roll Eorzea kicks off, I wanted to put up a state of the linkshell, a document to help people understand what I have noticed and what I hope to accomplish with this group. We’re in the middle of the pre-expansion slump, and there is less RP than normal. Many players have drifted to other games (most of them in anticipation of binge-playing the new expansion).

This is a normal part of the MMO cycle, and I am just as guilty of being around less often. But I am still here, and it is my commitment to you that will do what I can to make this linkshell a fun place to find friends and stories to participate in. I have scoured the results of the first Roll Eorzea player survey, and have come up with a few goals and methods that I feel will improve the linkshell for all involved.

Current goals:
Improve membership
We have entered a null period in recruitment. I believe that adding more members to our roster can help us by putting new people into plots and possibly finding more players who also want to run plots of their own.

Facilitate cross friend-group communication
In the survey, several people expressed concern that there seems to be a core membership of Roll Eorzea who tend to play with each other and no one else. I hope to find a way to help these small groups of friends communicate with one another.

Help players find the right game for them
It is far too common that a player joins up into a plot and discovers it is not for them. Then, they fade into obscurity, never trying again. Not everyone runs a plot the same, and not everyone likes the same sort of game. If we can find a way to help every player find the story that fits them best, then we will have better retention of players in the linkshell.

How to accomplish this:
I have some ideas in mind that I will be implementing. However, I cannot do this on my own. I will need the help and cooperation of every member of the linkshell.

Improve Membership
We receive a few new friends via the RPC every couple months, but if you know anyone who might be interested in dice based RP, send them our way.

Facilitate cross friend-group communication
If you see someone in the linkshell who doesn’t seem to have any social connections, please reach out to them. Don’t just play with the people you’re used to and know

Help players find the right game for them
As a player, talk with new people in the linkshell about the currently running plots. As a storyteller/GM, be open about what sort of story you’re going to be running. It’s better to have a few people who love your style of running than to go for quantity of players when many of them won’t be back later. Openly discussing the types of stories and GMs you enjoy, for both players and storytellers, can make sure players find a good fit.

What I will be doing:
GM Dossier:
One of the suggestions on the survey struck me as a particularly good idea, though it will need the cooperation of the GMs we have. I would like to create a single location dossier of all the people in Roll Eorzea who are currently running or will soon be running their own plots. Players should be able to get a good idea of what sort of events to expect when signing up for a plot and what kind of GM they will be playing with.

Suggested GM rules:
Based on my own past experiences as a GM and as Assistant GM, I am going to start another document with guidelines for GMs in Roll Eorzea. None of these are binding, as they are just guidelines and I feel that each GM should run their plot how they see fit; however, I feel that the suggestions that make it into the document will be very helpful to maintaining a healthy player population, and happy players themselves.