Hydaelyn Role-Players
Returning Balmung Player - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Returning Balmung Player (/showthread.php?tid=18273)

Returning Balmung Player - LadyPseudo - 01-19-2017

Hello, all. Main character is Pseudonymn De'haven, with some secondaries (Laine D'archangelo, Freedom Vaillancourt, Y'solde Zhwan, looking to make one or two more whenever the silly restriction's lifted.) that I'm hoping to be able to RP soon! Smile

RE: Returning Balmung Player - Ririla Rila - 01-19-2017

welcome back to the game and RPC! no more leaving you! ; ; Hope you enjoy your time here <3 if you ever wanna rp gimme a poke! lili is in the criminal mafia game. but we also have a tavern, pop by, get your RP on!

RE: Returning Balmung Player - LadyPseudo - 01-19-2017

Thanks! I'm hoping to get as much RP on as possible. ^_^

RE: Returning Balmung Player - Faye - 01-19-2017

Hello there, welcome back! Big Grin

RE: Returning Balmung Player - Thunderbolt300 - 01-19-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC and to Balmung! Thumbsup

If you're looking for some contacts to be made, be sure to toss up a Making Connections post sometime too with whatever you're looking for!

RE: Returning Balmung Player - Syranelle Ironleaf - 01-19-2017

Hey there and welcome back to Balmung!

The best place to start is with the Balmung RP Calendar and finding a few events that angle toward the kind of RP you're interested in.  Then you can start looking at other character profiles once you've found a few characters or personalities you'd like to meet.  While you're window shopping, be sure to check out the Free Company Hall or the Linkshell Hall to find Free Companies and public groups that may suit your character.  If you're ready to put yourself out there and find some new friends, stop by the Making Connections forum and start fishing for some roleplay!

For lore questions, be sure to check out Sounsyy's Lore Compilations; she's done an amazing job with compiling a lot of the game lore into easy-to-find threads!

You're welcome to add me to your friends list; I'm a fairly busy person, both in-game and out, but I'm always happy to schedule/arrange a day to roleplay with folks when I'm not preoccupied with other things like the Gridania Story-Go-Round.

All that said, I hope you find what you're looking for and hopefully I'll see you around in-game!

RE: Returning Balmung Player - LadyPseudo - 01-20-2017

Where should I go for RP? I tried the adventure guild... I think that's what it's called, in Uldah, but no one seemed interested in anything I typed. Sad

RE: Returning Balmung Player - Thunderbolt300 - 01-20-2017

(01-20-2017, 04:42 AM)LadyPseudo Wrote: Where should I go for RP? I tried the adventure guild... I think that's what it's called, in Uldah, but no one seemed interested in anything I typed. Sad

The Quicksand is really kind of your instant-action variant of RP. It's a good place to go when you want to find RP right away, but your milage will vary pretty wildly. You can find RP other ways which will generally be more fruitful in having direction, frequency of long-term encounters, and actually making some friends. 

So, for one thing, you can join linkshells. You can find yourself a free company RP guild that matches your own expectations for what you want (such as theme or frequency of RP). You can also create a Making Connections post too, with what you're looking for!

Regardless, it's a good idea to have an idea about your character first- who they are, the kind of people they'd like to associate with, where they want to go- that kind of thing. Once you've got that, you can try to find other characters, linkshells, and FC's that align with what you'd like to get ahold of!

RE: Returning Balmung Player - LadyPseudo - 01-20-2017

I already have ideas for my characters.... I just don't tend to expose them unless I'm in RP, sadly I've been the target of a LOT of meta-gaming on other games I've RPed on. Sad So I tend to be very careful what information I give out on an OOC basis.

Where's the Quicksand? Is that the spot in Uldah with the storyquest giver in it?

RE: Returning Balmung Player - Thunderbolt300 - 01-20-2017

Whoops. The Quicksand IS the Ul'dah Adventurer's Guild. It's just another name for it, pretty much!

I can understand your concern with wanting to not give away too much information, though here on the RPC, I don't think you'll need to worry too much about metagaming. I mean at some level, you have to be willing to make a little bit of a leap of faith in your fellow players to be able to forge any long-term connections. If your character, for example, has a criminal background or is even a villain, yeah, that can definitely mean being a tad bit more secretive (at least until you find yourself some decent allies).

Personally, I can't say I've run into any real metagaming issues in the last 5 months or so since I got here!

RE: Returning Balmung Player - Sileas Bishop - 01-25-2017

Hey there! I'm always looking for new people to RP with, if you're interested feel free to send me a message! Big Grin Admittedly I never really go to the Quicksand for RP, most of the time It's just people awkwardly standing around. Unless I'm really bored I'll visit but if you're looking for more in depth RP, I don't really recommend looking there. Not to say it's a bad idea, but just from my experience lol.