Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello!!!! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1829)

Hello!!!! - Vryk - 03-30-2013

--MMORPG background

Mmo background would mainly including playing ffxiv 1.0 since last march, playing ffxi for many years and playing rift for a bit o:.

--RP experience

Fairly New to the RP world. Please take care of me ^^;

--Character ideas/info

My character name is Vryk Kolakas, He will be a feel hyur with above average height,  black brownish hair, that side face tattoo, some scars, tint of red highlights, hazel eyes, and kinda of muscular and extremely pale as far as looks go.

The Backstory:

After traveling many nights, Vryk was able to find passage on a ship, captain'd by hobs, to the great city-state of Limsa. Vryk came from a small town across the seas of ash, which was plagued by disease  war and famine. One day he got letter from a friend saying "Come take up arms, Brahther, seek out the glory that is to be an adventurer in the lands of Eorzea!!!!" Upon arriving he got involved in many things dealing with the events of 1.0, like grand companies, the murder cases with hildebrand, some cult worship dalmund sacrifcing people, dancing with fishes, exploring dungeons, primals, Nael van darnus, the war and now its 5 years in the future o.O!!!!!!......

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Who knows.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I dont really know what they mean, but i guess medium would probably be safe bet to start out with.

--Anything from real life you ’re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I think we should get to know each other on a more personal level ^.~ before we get into that stuff.

RE: Hello!!!! - Weffrey - 03-30-2013

I'm new as well and had a lot of questions about RPing. This community has been extremely helpful in answering all of them as well as kept me eager to RP for my first time come ARR's release.

I am sure you will be taken care of too! Big Grin

RE: Hello!!!! - Deirdre - 03-30-2013

Welcome! Of course if you have any questions please let us know! Smile

RE: Hello!!!! - Vryk - 03-30-2013

I read or more like skimmed through the Role-player handbook, think i hit most of the important parts, but guess main question is how/where exactly do i begin :D?

RE: Hello!!!! - Rhostel - 03-31-2013

I see what you did there. Tonberry

Welcome! The best place to begin is wherever you want. Roleplay is not any one thing, it's a huge spectrum of ways to interact. If you want to write a story by yourself, go for it. If you want to find other characters to have some shared history with, put out a call. If you want to do some live chat-based RP, see if anyone's available and willing to go for it. Being new won't make people reject you, it'll make them more willing to take it slowly and give you advice.

Go ahead and ask any questions you've got as they come to mind. There's no stupid questions, only ignorant ones, and the best way to solve ignorance is to ask ignorant questions. Wink

RE: Hello!!!! - Gerik - 03-31-2013

HI!

Feel free to ask us questions and stuff.

RE: Hello!!!! - Yssen - 03-31-2013

Hello! Welcome to the community.

RE: Hello!!!! - Anzio - 03-31-2013

Hey there! Smile Hope you enjoy your time here.