Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Nebula - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Nebula (/showthread.php?tid=18462)

Nebula - Nebbs - 02-03-2017

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Nebula Stardancer, Sumi Kha, Kanemaru no Ryuuji
  • Primary character: Nebula Stardancer
  • Linkshells:
  1. Hugs & Cake (owner, ooc) 
  2. Witchs' Wyed Web (owner, IC)
  3. The Bard Rock Cafe (ooc)
  • Primary RP linkshell: all of them

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • Heavy, in that I prefer as much IC as possible and dislike ooc chatter getting in the way or even ooc discussion of what is happening IC or what your character would do if XYZ (unless there is a problem).
  • My character is always 100% IC ready, in that I will have a reason they are where they are and wearing what they are wearing, occasionally I'll have to do a switch. I pick up quite a bit of random RP this way in the most unlikely places.
  • I very much favor improvisation RP over directed or scripted RP
  • Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • I prefer to role play the combat without any rolls and see what the players' creativity brings out. But I am happy to accept rolls to determine outcome, provided we still get RP leeway to interpret that.
  • As for injury and such, all is possible but I also accept that healing and resurrection exist in the game. If someone wants to play injured, amputated, even dead I have no problem with that as it is their choice.. and not a dice roll. The injury belongs to the player who's character is inured not the player who's character inflicts it.
  • I wont accept PvP skill or character level as having any baring on IC activity.
  • Views on IC romance:
  • I am open to it and like relationships to be real, in that they are organic and built up over time. It has to be a substantial part of the characters' lives and therefore the players time, not just a token label. For that reason it needs ooc commitment too, and will take time to have a successful romance and RP partnership. If it happens it happens but it should not be forced.
  • I especially love the will-they/wont-they periods and the sarcastic banter between a couple comfortable with each other.
  • Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • I have many many RP IC friends, and can easily flit around, while I may be strict with my own character I am more than happy to accept and fit in with most other styles. I tend to adjust to suit those I RP with even those on the edge of what may be RP. 
  • I also have no real boundaries of what I will or wont RP, so long as it is a sensible part of the characters and RP.
  • With regard to Family, I tend to define my own family and am happy if someone wants to NPC one. However, I am wary of another character being part of the same family as they tend to not last the course and mess things up.
  • Views on lore:
  • I Role Play, not Lore Play. 
  • Basically, accept the lore but don't be a slave to it. I treat the lore as something to follow where it is specific or as a guide where it is vague. The lore only describes some of what is possible, not all that is possible, and so I tend to fill in the gaps creatively and accept that others will too.
  • For me Lore should be in the background and not be used to meta-game, for example a character's knowledge should be based on what they know and involve mistakes and strange beliefs, many of which will contradict lore.
  • Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • Quotes for "speaking" in character whatever the channel
  • Brackets for ((OOC))
  • /say is always IC as it is public
  • Linkshells etc.. as they are defined for use. But I tend to add a bracket ( just to be sure unless obviously ooc.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone: GMT
  • Contact info: Enjin, Discord Nebbs#5123