Hydaelyn Role-Players
Time to get a bit more involved. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Time to get a bit more involved. (/showthread.php?tid=18497)

Time to get a bit more involved. - Elia Redd - 02-08-2017

Hello, folks!

I'm one of those filthy RPers who doesn't tend to go to events, or involve herself with an RP community because I've been burned a fair amount by OOC drama -- but it's time for a change, and I figured that if I was unsatisfied by my current experience, this was probably one of the better ways to go about it!

Having recently parted with my RP Free Company, I'm a bit of a free agent at the moment. What I'm looking for is a FC with like-minded individuals that encourages RP from within as well as outside the group. What I have to offer is:

20 years experience with roleplay (god, that makes me feel old)
An activity level that reflects someone working 40 hours a week.
Humor! Levity! Exclamation points!
I come with a partner, who is my character's husband.

I'll also accept discord links, LS offers, and back rubs.

Nice to meet you all!

RE: Time to get a bit more involved. - Miriamele - 02-08-2017

(02-08-2017, 11:07 AM)EliaSwiftblade Wrote: Hello, folks!

I'm one of those filthy RPers who doesn't tend to go to events, or involve herself with an RP community because I've been burned a fair amount by OOC drama -- but it's time for a change, and I figured that if I was unsatisfied by my current experience, this was probably one of the better ways to go about it!

Having recently parted with my RP Free Company, I'm a bit of a free agent at the moment. What I'm looking for is a FC with like-minded individuals that encourages RP from within as well as outside the group. What I have to offer is:

20 years experience with roleplay (god, that makes me feel old)
An activity level that reflects someone working 40 hours a week.
Humor! Levity! Exclamation points!
I come with a partner, who is my character's husband.

I'll also accept discord links, LS offers, and back rubs.

Nice to meet you all!

It really depends on what sort of characters you have and their interests as well as your own. Check out my FC <Azeyma's Oath> in my signature. We've been going to a few events in the last three weeks and have enjoyed ourselves so much that myself and my officers decided to make it a reoccurring thing. If you have some interest I can toss you a discord link. Also in the last week or two we've spent some time working on closer ties with our neighboring FC's, Liliro's Coven and Yvenalise's Glowfly an evil-aligned tavern and merchant FC respectively.

There are so many FC's out there, you could check out the FC hall as well. Good luck and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask/whisper me! Big Grin

RE: Time to get a bit more involved. - Thunderbolt300 - 02-08-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC and to the greater community! Thumbsup

Like Arietty said, there really is a whole lot out there depending on what you want exactly! I mean, there are racial FC's (for Miqo'te, Shroudwolf Clan, for example), criminal FC's (The Mischief's Coven), treasure/relic hunters (such as the Oath above) and plenty of linkshells too (such as ShroudLife for roaming world RP, and the Hydaelyn Protectors for good-aligned vigilantes).

RE: Time to get a bit more involved. - Ellmida - 02-08-2017

Ahch! Someone whose been role-playing as long as I have! 

I can relate, ooc drama sucks and I know I've had my own share of it but I'm grateful you chose to take the chance again. The thing I can tell you about my personal experience with this community is that everyone has been really nice and open hearted, sincerely so.

You can also get by okay without a FC if you are so inclined, I've been untethered for 2 months out of indecisiveness and still am able to find RP really easily.

RE: Time to get a bit more involved. - Nebbs - 02-08-2017

I just wanted to say that some of the events run are nothing like the mass gatherings, often many of them are a few people chatting and piloting in a bar. While not much may happen in the bar, they can be a good way to start a spin off adventure that you can come back and share the story later, maybe hang a trophy on the wall.

I hope you find a nice FC.

As for RP longevity there are some ancient fossils around Wink, so don't feel so old.

RE: Time to get a bit more involved. - ExAtomos - 02-08-2017

Yeah, I'm also at the 20+ mark for rp & gaming experience myself. xD I run a list of FC themes you guys may want to check out and see if any catch your eye. Definitely go to a variety of events! Besides being fun, it's also a great place to meet people and check out their search info and FC info.

Good luck!
Moogle

eta: By 20+ I mean 30... gawd. >> *vague hand wave*

RE: Time to get a bit more involved. - Roen - 02-08-2017

/offers back rubs!

With exclamation points! Big Grin

I too mostly RP outside of the FCs I am part of for one reason or another, (don't get me wrong, the FC people are fantastic people) because the people I connected with just happened to be through the RPC and not the FC.

I think poking your head in here was a great idea and I wish you luck in finding some RP fun! You already have some good advice here already so I just wanted to say welcome!

RE: Time to get a bit more involved. - Aya - 02-08-2017

I'd be happy to send you an invitation to Friends of Ours!  It is just a collection of RPers being Friends!

RE: Time to get a bit more involved. - Ryslo Suramlo - 02-08-2017

Well first, Welcome to Hydaelyn Roleplayers Coalition. Secondly, I'm an oldie too but I think 'Older Gamers' are far more common then they once had been. I did DnD in the day, rped in SWG, Final Fantasy XI, SWTOR and so on and so forth.  I think you'll find plenty of various Free Companies on this site that have unique themes, creative outlets and not just free companies either but Linkshells.

Some utilize a Dice System whether its Fate14, or Personalized for their own Free Company. Some who use dice even use character sheet's to keep things fair and balanced though in return it could be slightly restrictive as well, since everything in these systems typically start at the bottom. 

Some linkshells and FC's utilize free form RP, with loose GMing. While others utilize Free Formed RP with Light Dice usage, and some GMing to accomplish events. 

Really whatever it is your looking for, you'll find it here on this site. Anyways, Welcome once again!

RE: Time to get a bit more involved. - Ririla Rila - 02-09-2017

Everyone pretty much covered any points i could think of so i'll just say Welcome to the RPC! hope you enjoy your time here!