Hydaelyn Role-Players
Info from EU FanFest Panels - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Info from EU FanFest Panels (/showthread.php?tid=18579)

Pages: 1 2

Info from EU FanFest Panels - Kilieit - 02-18-2017

Show Content

Article on Press Conference

Show Content

My full text transcript can be found here.
Images and video from the PR release can be found here.

SO what do we think? :D

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - ExAtomos - 02-18-2017

I think Yoshi is massive otaku

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Nebbs - 02-18-2017

I think I may have to change my character to a new one, because Samurai!

I also noted that some of the new areas were Pirate themed!

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Gegenji - 02-18-2017

I'm feeling a little bit vindicated in my steadfast belief that SAM would be a melee DPS class. Still waiting to see if they wear the DRG-style heavier armor, but I'll take some solace that the whole "charging energy for attacks" thing was something I spoke with a few folks around the RPC ages ago as something they'd possibly be doing. Laugh

... And Chachan's new IC "combat" class will likely be SAM. I've kinda played him as one due to the whole "Doman Knight" thing before he settled into more peaceful behavior... but it'll be nice to have something like that to back it up. Will still be a bit off since he uses a hammer these days instead of a sword!

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-18-2017

(02-18-2017, 02:28 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I'm feeling a little bit vindicated in my steadfast belief that SAM would be a melee DPS class. Still waiting to see if they wear the DRG-style heavier armor, but I'll take some solace that the whole "charging energy for attacks" thing was something I spoke with a few folks around the RPC ages ago as something they'd possibly be doing. Laugh

... And Chachan's new IC "combat" class will likely be SAM. I've kinda played him as one due to the whole "Doman Knight" thing before he settled into more peaceful behavior... but it'll be nice to have something like that to back it up. Will still be a bit off since he uses a hammer these days instead of a sword!

SAM shared with MNK I think. ...that's what they said in the opening keynote strea unless I was half-awake.

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Kilieit - 02-18-2017

(02-18-2017, 02:41 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 02:28 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I'm feeling a little bit vindicated in my steadfast belief that SAM would be a melee DPS class. Still waiting to see if they wear the DRG-style heavier armor, but I'll take some solace that the whole "charging energy for attacks" thing was something I spoke with a few folks around the RPC ages ago as something they'd possibly be doing. :lol:

SAM shared with MNK I think. ...that's what they said in the opening keynote strea unless I was half-awake.

Correct, it uses Striking gear!

Quote:Those of you who play melée dps will maybe worry about what kind of equipment they will be wearing (battling other players over).
The equipment will be in the same section as monks.
So all you ninjas out there breathe a sigh of relief!

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Riggy - 02-18-2017

I feel like they're blowing a lot of potential content out all at once. I thought this was supposed to be the expansion for liberating Ala Mhigo and focusing on Monks, but it seems like it's now the Ninja/Samurai expansion with maybe a tiny little bit of freeing Ala Mhigo if we really want to.

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Gegenji - 02-18-2017

(02-18-2017, 02:46 PM)Kilieit Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 02:41 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 02:28 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I'm feeling a little bit vindicated in my steadfast belief that SAM would be a melee DPS class. Still waiting to see if they wear the DRG-style heavier armor, but I'll take some solace that the whole "charging energy for attacks" thing was something I spoke with a few folks around the RPC ages ago as something they'd possibly be doing. Laugh

Correct, it uses Striking gear!

Quote:Those of you who play melée dps will maybe worry about what kind of equipment they will be wearing (battling other players over).
The equipment will be in the same section as monks.
So all you ninjas out there breathe a sigh of relief!

Oh. Bleh. Ah well. My dream of the lower level "heavy DPS" gear being used by something other than DRGs remains forever unfulfilled. Laugh

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Sylentmana - 02-18-2017

I thought Samurai would be announced so I've been preparing a character to take on the job as soon as the expansion drops. She's a Doman refugee who was forced to flee without her katana and has been fighting as a Monk across Eorzea. Looks like the Samurai will be using gear similar to Monk so it looks like I guessed correctly. And its DPS! I couldn't be happier!

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Kellach Woods - 02-18-2017

I'm sad at no Blue Mage.

(02-18-2017, 03:07 PM)Riggy Wrote: I feel like they're blowing a lot of potential content out all at once. I thought this was supposed to be the expansion for liberating Ala Mhigo and focusing on Monks, but it seems like it's now the Ninja/Samurai expansion with maybe a tiny little bit of freeing Ala Mhigo if we really want to.

I don't feel this is the case. I very much got the impression of going "back and forth" between the two areas, and I feel like the liberation of both is likely to go hand-in-hand, story-wise.

Remember, we had two FanFests focussed solely on Ala Mhigo, and only 1 that even mentioned Doma at all. If it was Doma-with-a-side-order-of-Ala-Mhigo, it would be the other way around.

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Heidrek - 02-18-2017

(02-18-2017, 03:07 PM)Riggy Wrote: I feel like they're blowing a lot of potential content out all at once. I thought this was supposed to be the expansion for liberating Ala Mhigo and focusing on Monks, but it seems like it's now the Ninja/Samurai expansion with maybe a tiny little bit of freeing Ala Mhigo if we really want to.

That's quite an overreaction. It's more about keeping up the pressure on both sides of the Empire. Which makes sense when you remember that 5.0 is Garlemald.

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Swanmay - 02-18-2017

I'm very much looking forward to Doma, if only to write a little more for my Doman alt. Though I am a little disapointed it wasn't Ishgard housing announced.

If I'm being honest, I'm a little disappointed they never sorted Ishgard housing too... though more because I recognise it would've been a boon to the RP community as a whole than because I'm personally interested in it. Perhaps they may go back and add it at a future date, as server technology improves and allows them to store more wards for cheaper..? Who knows.

I'm still really happy for Shirogane housing, though. I wonder what the level requirements will be to obtain it - I have a certain alt who will want an apartment in that region specifically (assuming apartments there are a thing, ofc)...

He's gonna open a venue. Assuming I can get off my ass and get him the prereqs.

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Valence - 02-18-2017

I'm pretty sure the liberation of Ala-Migho will probably take place at the end, as the finale. The hub shown in the trailer seems kinda similar to Mor Dhona and Idyllshire to me. The main antagonist also lives there and rules over Ala-Migho.

Kugane seems like the new City we will probably join early on, like Ishgard. Most of the new areas are in Othard just around, and they even say that some of those will be the first we will discover.

All in all we will probably get the biggest chunk of the expansion around Doma, but the story climax and ending probably around Ala-Migho itself.

That's my feeling on the matter.