Hydaelyn Role-Players
Info from EU FanFest Panels - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Info from EU FanFest Panels (/showthread.php?tid=18579)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Gegenji - 02-18-2017

(02-18-2017, 05:21 PM)Kilieit Wrote: I'm still really happy for Shirogane housing, though. I wonder what the level requirements will be to obtain it - I have a certain alt who will want an apartment in that region specifically (assuming apartments there are a thing, ofc)...

I'm kind of up in the air now whether to have Chachan's smithy there (if I can manage to snag a plot) or hope someone in the Goblet gives something up to move there... and we get a Doman-style that I can use to have that "Doman smithy in Ul'dah" look to it.

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Teadrinker - 02-18-2017

There's a Koji Fox quote from a lorecast where he's talking about cities on/around Othard being named stuff like Dalmasca in certain translations.

The 24 mans are also Return to Ivalice.

So MSQ could be Mhigo-centered
24 Man Liberating Doma/Ivalice
8 man Raid dungeon is Omega/Bend of Time

This is a total guess/conjecture but *shrug*

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Valence - 02-18-2017

50% of the story happening in Ala-Migho confirmed.

( Also, they really plan to do Blitzball at some point and are considering it )

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Kilieit - 02-19-2017

PLL is done, here is my TL;DR (I'll go back and add it to OP as well in a minute):

Q&A

• Butt sliders: no
• Increasing garden item slots: maybe later
• Eos or Selene recovering position after knockback: do it yourself!
• Rhythm game in Gold Saucer: maybe (probably not)
• Remove racial restrictions for hairstyles: yes for some, not all
• Remove racial restrictions for hempen sets: difficult technically
• Repeating MSQ fights: difficult technically. Roll an alt
• 3.0 EX primals too easy, what about 4.0?: accessiblity of content is more important to them
• Krile outfit on mogstation: would be expensive to make
• More Hildibrand trials?: probably not. Hildibrand may or may not reappear in 4.X
• In-game/official DPS parser: hard no
• PS4 Pro patch: in progress
• Keeping flowers in pots: planned for 3.5X
• Umbrellas as a vanity item: considering adding as a mount
• PotD across data centre: in progress, but cross server alliance raids first
• /tells across data centre: in progress, as are linkshells, free companies, and friends lists

3.55a news

• Live on Tuesday, 28th February
• Anima weapon story quests - “easy!”
• Zhloe Aliapoh - story quests for crafters and gatherers
• Proto Ultima battle
• The Feast
•• new maps
•• sudden death to resolve draws
•• new items and adjustments
•• season 3 ending / season 4 pre-season so people can get used to new map before ranking begins
• Items:
•• Adjustments to Sophic and Demon Lanner drop rates
•• Garo Gear added to Calamity Salvager
•• FanFest gear codes redeemable
• 3.55a because Diadem isn’t ready for release yet. They’re very sorry, but there’s a bug they couldn’t fix in time. Will be in 3.55b
•• 3.55b release planned anywhere between March 7th - 14th
•• Constant stream of content between 3.55 and 4.0
• MSQ continuation in 3.56

Guinness World Records

• Final Fantasy 14 has longest end credits in an MMO video game (1 hour 38 minutes)
• Final Fantasy 14 has the highest number of original pieces of music in a video game (384 original compositions)
• Final Fantasy series is the most prolific role-playing game series (87 titles)

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Aldotsk - 02-19-2017

Seems like I wasn't too far off when I assumed that there would be like similar outer shoreland to Vylbrand for Doman region. Kind of helps me to rewrite my Doman character more and finally samurai yay!

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Sylentmana - 02-20-2017

The only real concern I have is that we may be going through the story too quickly. I had thought this expansion would be about Ala Mihgo and the next would maybe be about Doma and thereabouts. Suddenly, with this next expansion, large parts of the entire world will have opened up. After that we may go to Garlemald. What then is there after that?

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Sounsyy - 02-20-2017

(02-20-2017, 10:46 AM)Sylentmana Wrote: After that we may go to Garlemald. What then is there after that?

I'm actually glad we're diluting Ala Mhigo and the Far East. It gives me hope that the Ala Mhigan crisis won't be solved in five minutes by the WoL's divine presence.

And, as far as what could lie beyond Garlemald? Geographically: Thavnair, Meracydia, Mamook, Sharlayan, not all of Othard was unclouded - Rabanastre in the southern deserts of Greylia's Bend and the Anchorite at Gorvos. Will we get to go to the Burn where Bozja once sat?

Story-wise, even if we destabilize or topple the Garlean empire, we'll throw every conquered region into uprising and political turmoil. Reshaping the newly independent nations could be an expansion of its own. Going to new lands. Discovering old magical mysteries. XIV may not be XI, but its predecessor's expansions creatively utilized an already (mostly) mapped world. I hope XIV will be able to do the same after disposing of an evil empire.

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Sylentmana - 02-20-2017

(02-20-2017, 11:52 AM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(02-20-2017, 10:46 AM)Sylentmana Wrote: After that we may go to Garlemald. What then is there after that?

I'm actually glad we're diluting Ala Mhigo and the Far East. It gives me hope that the Ala Mhigan crisis won't be solved in five minutes by the WoL's divine presence.

And, as far as what could lie beyond Garlemald? Geographically: Thavnair, Meracydia, Mamook, Sharlayan, not all of Othard was unclouded - Rabanastre in the southern deserts of Greylia's Bend and the Anchorite at Gorvos. Will we get to go to the Burn where Bozja once sat?

Story-wise, even if we destabilize or topple the Garlean empire, we'll throw every conquered region into uprising and political turmoil. Reshaping the newly independent nations could be an expansion of its own. Going to new lands. Discovering old magical mysteries. XIV may not be XI, but its predecessor's expansions creatively utilized an already (mostly) mapped world. I hope XIV will be able to do the same after disposing of an evil empire.

That gives me hope that this game with last a good while. Its the only MMO that I enjoy. All others have fallen flat within days for me, including WoW.

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Valence - 02-20-2017

(02-20-2017, 11:52 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: I'm actually glad we're diluting Ala Mhigo and the Far East. It gives me hope that the Ala Mhigan crisis won't be solved in five minutes by the WoL's divine presence.

I'm not sure to follow... If you dilute it and make it 50% instead of 100% as initially we thought it would be, then that leaves even less time for the WoL to solve stuff...

Unless there is nothing solved at the end of course, but it works in both cases.

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Kage - 02-20-2017

(02-20-2017, 03:37 PM)Valence Wrote:
(02-20-2017, 11:52 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: I'm actually glad we're diluting Ala Mhigo and the Far East. It gives me hope that the Ala Mhigan crisis won't be solved in five minutes by the WoL's divine presence.

I'm not sure to follow... If you dilute it and make it 50% instead of 100% as initially we thought it would be, then that leaves even less time for the WoL to solve stuff...

Unless there is nothing solved at the end of course, but it works in both cases.
The idea is that many people did not and do not want to see Ala Mhigo 'yay full liberation wheee everything is now A-OK!' at the end of 4.0.

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Cassandra - 02-20-2017

(02-18-2017, 03:07 PM)Riggy Wrote: I feel like they're blowing a lot of potential content out all at once. I thought this was supposed to be the expansion for liberating Ala Mhigo and focusing on Monks, but it seems like it's now the Ninja/Samurai expansion with maybe a tiny little bit of freeing Ala Mhigo if we really want to.

It all depends how things are handled. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we fail to liberate one of them or some other misgivings happens along the way that carry into 5.0. Heavensward did an excellent job portraying the difficulty in changing dogmatic beliefs. I, for one, would love to see us fallible-- that even the ever vaulted Warrior of Light can objectively fail. But better to take a wait and see approach. I have plenty of concerns with Stormblood from a content and gameplay perspective, but after Heavenward, story is not among them.

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Tagyr - 02-21-2017

I'm kinda curious about Yugiri's Roegadyn companion. He was given a Doma name, Gotetsu, so it is a bit different from the usual. A new clan entirely? Or a Hellsguard/Seawolf that decided to translate his name to the local naming conventions.

As to the content craziness. Whatever happens we now have two possible avenues to expand upon storywise. I'm real curious about how the story will make us head to the East. Honestly I'm quite excited since we are back to Garleans again, and we are actually going up against a Royal this time too.

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Valence - 02-21-2017

Gotetsu is intriguing in terms of naming conventions and subraces, for sure.

(02-20-2017, 04:10 PM)Kage Wrote:
(02-20-2017, 03:37 PM)Valence Wrote:

The idea is that many people did not and do not want to see Ala Mhigo 'yay full liberation wheee everything is now A-OK!' at the end of 4.0.

Well that's what I said, if it was 100% Ala Migho instead of 50% it could still not be liberated...

Ah I see what you mean. There is a smaller chance it gets liberated with only 50% because they will have less space to fill everything in?

RE: Info from EU FanFest Panels - Kage - 02-21-2017

Yes.

It is Gosetsu.