Hydaelyn Role-Players
Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] (/showthread.php?tid=186)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Menoe Valkyria - 07-03-2010

Show Content

With the sudden sound of rain hitting the roof of the tavern a green cloaked figure entered through the doors. It was not a particularly odd occurrence for perfect strangers to pass into the pub but this particular individual was a bit different from most. Perhaps a bit was stretching it as the particular persons garb was certainly out of sort with the typical patrons of establishment.What was perhaps most alarming to the patrons was contently perched on the stranger's arm; a fine hawk.
"By the Twelve is it going to eat us?! was heard uttered out loud. patrons pushed back in their chairs at a few tables as other stopped and stared on.A small smirk crossed the the strangers lips as the hooded head slightly shook.
The barkeep looked up from polishing crystal to see what all the fuss had been about. He immediately spoke up at sight of the bird and reproached the green cloaked figuer.
“You cannot bring that creature in here stranger. This is a tavern not a hunting lodge…”
The stranger lifted a damp gloved hand to the hood of the cloak and pulled it back to reveal a fair skinned brunette woman who looked to be in her mid-twenties. “This creature is my companion and he will remain with me. Understood?” said she firmly.

The barkeep, obviously displeased by the reply, stepped into the woman‘s path. “Either the bird leaves or you both leave, Ma'am.”

“I will do no such thing. Times are hard and I am certain not even you can afford to turn away patrons. So my companion remains or I’ll take my leave, there are plenty other places in this city who are more willing to serve all customers. Now if it’s not too much trouble I would like a glass of wine, Thank you.”

With that she pushed past the dumbfounded barkeep who staggered a bit as she passed by. She heard him say no more and found a quiet corner table to sit. Out of the corner of her blue eyes she saw the bar keep preparing her glass of wine, grumbling all the while to himself. She
looked at her companion lovingly and pressed a soft kiss to the hawk's head as they settled themselves comfortably. She murmured quietly to the hawk; the bird listened intently.
“I do not care for this place either, my Love, but we have been asked here. As soon as we are done. we'll leave as soon as possible.”
The Hawk fluffed it’s feathers then preening himself as a waitress approached their table. The Hawk stopped and puffed its chest, out keeping its eyes on the waitress as she placed the glass of wine down carefully, obviously skittish of the hawk as well. A curious thought struck her.Had these people ever stepped out of their city onto other lands besides the sea?
“It’s alright my love.” The Hawk settled as she stroked the bird's back comfortingly. The waitress slowly backed away from them.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Camille - 07-05-2010

The door slammed open with and a woman entered, brushing her sodden hair back. Her attire was obviously well made, posh, and of the current fashion of Ul'dah's upper class, though somewhat out of place in the port city. "It's always pouring when one tries to go anywhere in this wretched place", she mumbled, shooting the rain an offended glare. She shook her soaked jacket off with a glower and tossed it at a hostess as she glanced around the room. Her look settled on the cloaked woman and hawk.

She made her way to the table and perched on her seat like a princess, glancing to another scandalized looking waitress, "I'll have a glass of kirsch, whatever the starter of the evening is, and then the menu." She gave the waitress a dismissive wave and returned her attention to the woman before her.

"Good evening. I'm Ryelle Lathal, of Ul'dah's Lathal Mining Corporation." She quirked a brow, her eyes flicking to the hawk. "You're a guide of some sort, yes? You look like the storybook version of a woodland hunter... I'm surprised they let you into the Bismarck with that, as they usually cater to a more discerning clientèle. Usually it's the one place in this city where you can avoid the pirates, thieves, and anyone that doesn't look like they carry their weight in gold."

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Guest - 07-05-2010

The doors opened slowly. A little figure stepped in. Shamad threw back his hood and glanced around. "So many people and all so tall."he whispered to himself. He rubbed his chest and walked to a table. A waitress walked over.
"May I take your order?"
"Yes. I'll have the special and a fruit juice."
The waitress nodded and walked back to the kitchen. Shamad sat back and watched the other patrons.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Tyriont - 07-06-2010

Quietly opening the doors to the tavern and slipping inside, an Elezen man shook the rain from his rust-colored hair and tied it back into its normal tightly-pulled fashion. Not too damp given the weather outside, he was obviously one familiar with the city and knowing of the best ways to move around it while taking most advantage of cover. As such his clothing was mildly wet rather than soaking, a gray linen shirt hanging loosely around his shoulders, drops of moisture glistening on his brown leather pants. Glancing around the room, he quickly noticed that many of the patrons were shooting worried looks in the direction of one particular inhabitant of the place. Following their gaze, his eyes settled upon the two women in the corner, raising an eyebrow at the sight of the hawk one one of their shoulders. Intrigued, he moved over to the bar and beckoned over the waitress he was most familiar with.

"Good to see you again, Elle. What's the story with the two over there? Isn't often that you see a stately-looking type like her with a wilder like the other." The waitress smiled slightly at him, resting her head on his shoulder in a familiar fashion.

"By the Twelve, Croix...I'm glad to see you in here tonight. I can't tell you much about them, only that I don't like them. I swear that bird wants to peck me eyes out! As for the other, she's one of them prim and proper types, looking down her nose at me like I just crawled out of the bay. I don't like them at all." Croix smiled gently and scratched Elle's head in a brotherly, soothing manner.

"If that's the case then perhaps it's worth seeing how this progresses. The snooty-looking one can't be here just visiting...and I'm certain the Captain would dearly love to find out if there's new money just wandering around the place. Of course since she was so dismissive of the crew's favorite waitress, we can't have you subjected to such disrespect right away, can we?" Croix reached around behind Elle to claim the tray that the barkeep had placed by her, containing a glass of kirsch, a steaming bowl of mushroom soup and a menu. Ignoring Elle's protestations, he made his way over to the corner table and set the tray down on it, settling himself into a free chair. "Good day, Ladies. Might I suggest today's fish? I have it on good authority that it truly is exquisite."

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Guest - 07-06-2010

The waitress placed the roasted apkallu breast and fruit juice on the table. Shamad nodded to the waitress and handed over the money. He dug in. He watched the other patrons carefully. He wondered if any of them had info on the Crimson Blades.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Siben - 07-06-2010

Siben quietly entered the tavern without so much as a glance around the room. He walked slowly over towards the fireplace and removed his blue, rain soaked cloak with some degree of difficulty. He winced and gave his shoulder a rub as he hung the cloak up near the fire to dry before finding a comfortable, out of the way booth to sit in. He settled in and produced a manuscript, notepad, and pencil from his pack and set about flipping through the manuscript, pausing from time to time to stab at his notepad.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - GaelicWarlord - 07-06-2010

The doors blew open, wind and rain began to blow into the entry way of the rather crowded tavern. Revan's cerulean eyes hovered over the patrons as he followed in after the wind, cloak soaked, long dark chestnut hair curling in wet locks to the middle of his back. A rough five oclock shadow had been present on his face, probably not having shaved in a good two weeks. With each step his boots clanked heavily upon the floor, and if his intricately designed leather armour did not catch the eye of most the patrons, then the sword that was sheathed to his side certainly did. The blade was very similar in design to a nodachi ((basically a long japanese katana)), but with intricate artistic details that would not be seen present in the most artisan of crafted blades in the area. It was forged of black steele, and runes crafted into the hilt and blade would pulse a blueish glow periodically. This pulsing glow seemed to be caused by the jewel that was imbedded into the blade's hilt. It appeared to be pure Aetheryte, in a cut gem form. Glowing as the runes did, though it did so dimly. Clearly, the man was not from here, but that was quite evident. He bore the features of a Highlander, the last of the kin of the once great City of Ala Mihgo. Tall and muscular, and relatively young, but not of youth. Some would consider him handsome in appearance, but he appeared to be in his early thirties. His eyes spoke of temperance, reservation, and experience. As did his demeanor.

Many patrons near the entry way began to whisper loudly amongst each other, somethings akin to "A highlander?... in these parts?! What a rare sight!" in different variations of course. Revan's gaze loomed over the patrons carefully, with a grim expression, before he stepped forward to the proprietor of the tavern.

"...Can I help you sir?" The barkeep said albeit a bit hesitantly at the well-equiped, and well-fit man.

"...I need a place to stay for the night. I'll be gone in the morning." The words parted from Revan's lips in a deep, however, smooth voice. One that could be pleasant to hear, and at the same time, one that could be easily feared.

"I'm afraid our rates have g-gone up ta-nite sir. We're really busy... ta' get a room ye'd have ta' pay double its usual price."

Revan's face remained without expression as his left hand idly lowered to his waist, pulling a coinpurse from his belt and dropping it to the barkeep's feet.

"...One thousand gil. Is this insufficient?"

The barkeep widens his eyes looking down at the coinpurse that hit the ground with a heavy thud. "..n-not at all!" The barkeep turns behind the counter and reaches down into a drawer, and removes a skeleton key from it. He turns once more to Revan and extends the key to him. "Room seven. Its one of the nicer ones, I assure you!... what is your name sir?"

Revan replied in a quiet matter of fact tone: "Names are for friends and acquaintances... I am not interested in making either."

Revan had taken the key and began to walk away, seeing an empty table in the corner of the room far from most the other patrons. It seemed like somewhere he could eat a meal with little disturbance, atleast as little disturbance as possible. He approached the table and sat down quietly, pulling some parchment that was damp from a vest pocket beneath his armor. He overlooked them closely, them appearing to be letters and maps, as he awaited a waitress to approach his table. He did not look to the other patrons, seeming disinterested altogether in all of them.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Guest - 07-06-2010

Shamad was wiping his lips when he saw the Highlander come in. His blue eyes flashed as he registered the sword and the man's general appearance. He didn't like the look of this one at all. He drew his hood up and carefully put himself in the corner, as far in the shadows as he could. Tall people were trouble and this man was trouble with a capital T.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Camille - 07-06-2010

Ryelle had been curiously glancing around at the other patrons, showing a very faint smile of approval at the dunesfolk, then smiled complacently once more at the other woman.

"It's always nice to see someone of more familiar territory. The dunesfolk have such gemlike eyes, I just love them. They've always reminded me of the opals we sometimes trade in..."

She stopped and tilted her head, arching a brow in controlled annoyance as the elezen took a seat. She looked him up and down quickly, the corner of her mouth turning down.

"How quaint... I didn't realize the Bismarck had become so homey." She retrieved the glass of liqueur, taking an appraising sip before giving a small nod and nudged the bowl of soup off of the tray.

"My companion and I will have the fish then, as well as the accompanying vegetable of the day." She paused and gave the menu a quick flip through.

"Kugel for dessert I think. Oh and something for my acquaintance's little friend." Delicately setting the menu back onto the tray, she slid it towards the elezen. "That will be all, thank you." She sipped her kirsch and treated him to a disdainful glare.

Ryelle's attention flicked to the hulking highlander a moment, her glare momentarily more severe. She twisted the complacent smile back into place and returned her attention to her quiet companion.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Menoe Valkyria - 07-07-2010

Far from surprised at the sound of a slamming door she picked up her glass of wine and sipped at it slowly. Silence was naught to be had… even in this establishment as the door opened yet again.; for the 4th time that evening.She had herd her new aquantances questions but decidedly took her time to answere before they were interrupted by a man with Ryelle’s initial order. She found she had at least one thing in commen with this women; annoyance at the Elezen seating himself at their table and interrupting their peace.
She said nothing letting her new acquaintance make her order. She raised an eyebrow herself her companion yet again fluffing it’s feathers and puffing it chest out. He spread his wing span just a little; Watching the man carefully as he cocked his head a little to the side taking measure.
Her contact should have been there by now and she was now wondering if they had stood her up. She was specifically given a time and place to meet whoever it was. She watched the doors a little inpatiently as the doors blew open and another Traveler came in . She watched her companion on her arm now cotently settling himself. He too uninterested in the comings and goings .
She noticed that the patrons now fixed their sight on an entirely new and unusual sight . A highlander of all people. She looked back at Ryelle as the man quietly found a table far away from all. She wondered if he would have better luck then she.

“By such stares I cannot help but wonder how many of this city’s inhabitants have ever left the city walls.” she commented.
She took a rather slow sip from her glass as she studied Ryelle. She was certainly of upper class breeding and most likely apt to have little care for the consequences of her actions and choices for those around her. So long as she obtained what she desired. Perhaps she would find the opposite but it was unlikely.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Ahrick - 07-07-2010

The rain fell heavily on the head of a red-hooded roegadyn. He walked slowly through the streets, his body in a slumped fashion as he held a brown sack slung over his shoulder. The color of the bag would be a dark linen brown, thanks to the moistness caused by the rain. As he continued on his way, he would look up to the sky, watching the droplets of water fall from the sky. His head would remain skyward until a rather large drop of rain would plow it's way into his right eye, a quick shot of pain hitting him.

The roegadyn would grunt slightly, throwing a cupped hand to his eye to rub it instinctively. His concentration was focused on his wet eye, and as he continued to massage it with a rather large hand, his large foot would begin to overshadow a good sized stone until his sole met it. The roegadyn would let out a sharp bellow as his large structure heaved to the ground with a thud, his brown sack falling directly beside him.

Ahrick laid on the wet ground for moments at a time, his head resting in a fine puddle of rain and muck. He would sigh again, raising to his knees and then to his feet, kneeling down to retrieve the large sack and sling it over his right shoulder. A large hand slid down the side of his face, removing the muck and rain water from his mug. The roegadyn would continue down the street until reaching a building, obviously lit and full of life.

Ahrick took the one chance he had of waiting out the rain and drying up by entering the tavern. Entering through the doorway, the patrons of the tavern would be able to notice his reddish robe completely drenched as he progressed slightly through the tavern. The roegadyn removed his hood, revealing a slightly moist head covered in short black hair and garnished with a thin dark shadow of beard.

Ahrick, taking notice to the bar itself, would dig his hands through the pockets of his robe, pulling them out empty-handed with a sigh. He would then simply stand near the door, gazing among the patrons as he clenched the cuffs of his grabs, ringing them of water. As he spotted a hawk sitting upon a patron's shoulder, he gave a confused yet curious look. He then took sight of a highlander with a look of surprise. They were a rare sight, indeed.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Guest - 07-07-2010

Shamad watched the Roegadyn walk in, rummage in his pockets, and come up empty. He felt sorry for the poor guy. He made his way to the bar, careful not to make eye contact with anyone. Eye contact meant conversation. Conversation led to secrets. Secrets led to prison. He didn't want to go to prison. He whispered into the barkeep's ear. "Give the Roegadyn what he wants." He went back to his corner.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Renaise - 07-07-2010

"Kara!" Doc woke up with an exclamation, a paper stuck to his face as he sat upright. He had fallen asleep at a table in the tavern, he didn't even remember being tired. He grasped a glass of water that was on the table in front of him, took a gulp and then poured the remainder over his head.

"Woah... that's better." Doc grinned and looked around the tavern as he pushed back his wet hair from his eyes. "Right, when, where and why am I?... here" Doc cocked his head slightly, "Oh yes now I remember, here. Oh yes, this is where it gets interesting. Well by interesting, I mean It may or may not all start here, I'm not sure I could be off by a day or..." Doc looked at a confused looking waitress who was now staring at him. "I'm talking out loud aren't I?" The waitress nodded slightly. "''Fraid so sir. Can I get you anything?" Doc nodded and smiled. "Bread please, I have a sudden craving for bread, Is that odd?" The waitress shook her head. "Only is if you dump it over your head sir." Doc grinned, "Oh good, well bread please, and some more water, as I seem to be out." The waitress hurried off and Doc continued his scan of the tavern when his eyes met with a bird. Doc immediately looked up, when he realised there was in fact a roof he went back to silently staring at the bird. "Curious..." he muttered and the piece of paper fell off of his face.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Tyriont - 07-07-2010

Croix struggled to keep a look of intrigue under control as he noticed the momentary lapse in the well-dressed woman's expression. Obviously a woman not too fond of the Highlander...he found himself wondering if she knew this man, or if her disdain extended to all of them. He decided it was more likely the latter, if Elle's description of their interaction was accurate. But the quick correction of herself tended to indicate a woman well-versed in the art of disguising her true feelings...and possibly true intentions. More the Captain's type of game, he thought...but then, he hadn't spent this much time serving the man without picking up a few tricks. He turned around in his seat and offered a small smile to the increasingly nervous Elle who was fidgeting behind him. Some small reassurance that he knew what he was doing and that she should just play along.

"You heard the lady, Elle. If you could bring me a glass of water while you're at it, I would greatly appreciate it." He gave the girl a wink and turned his attention back to the conversation he had invaded, first turning his attention to the woman with the hawk. "You'd really be surprised, my Lady. Those of us from around here tend to spend most of our time on or around the waters...we're not an unworldly people by any means, all manner of oddities come through the ports. It's just rather rare to see such a fine creature as your companion here." Croix smiled at the hawk, attempting to convince the obviously intelligent bird that he meant no harm to its mistress. "Not ones to give their loyalty easily, as I hear it..." he said softly, reaching into his side pouch and pulling out a strip of jerky, offering it to the bird. Ensuring his gaze remained on the animal, he directed his next statement towards the well-dressed woman. "Opals, I believe I heard? It's equally rare we see such a fine-dressed, refined woman such as yourself coming through. Is trade the reason we find ourselves graced with your presence?"

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - GaelicWarlord - 07-07-2010

Revan's cerulean gaze resonated forth the glow of the nearby fire from the reflection of his irises, eyes remaining fixed on the maps and documents laid out before him. He notices a rather attractive looking waitress approaching him, and he slowly stacks the documents and turns them over as she comes closer. The woman was a hyurian midlander, dressed with tame modesty. She offered a flirtatious smile to the man, as she would with most patrons of the inn.

"I'm Lila and I will be your server sir!" She said rather optimisticly as she gracefully set a menu before the man, right on top of his documents. "May I get you a drink?" She asked with a warm and likely a not so genuine smile.

Revan looked to his documents and then his eyes raised to the woman with a hint of annoyance in his eyes. However he replies to her calmly in a deep and smooth tone. "...No menu is necessary." He raises his hand to the menu and offers it back to her. "I'm parched... how is your mead?"

"The best in all of Eorzea, sir! I assure you!" The woman replied as she took back the menu.

'Somehow I doubt that...' Revan thought to himself, a moment of nostalgia coming to him as he thought of the honey-wine from his homeland. Revan waves to Lila dismissively. "...that will suffice." he said, eyes trailing down once more to his documents, waiting for her to step away before continuing his studying further.