Hydaelyn Role-Players
Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] (/showthread.php?tid=186)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Ahrick - 07-07-2010

Ahrick would take a plump seat on a small stool at the bar, eying a shady person walk up to the bar to whisper something in the barkeeps ear before returning to a corner. The roegadyn shrugged it off as he rested his large arms on the table with a small sigh.

The barkeep would offer the roegadyn something on the house, following the orders of the man in the corner. Although confused, Ahrick was too tired and even more thirsty to pass up a free drink. "Mead will be fine, thank you!" Ahrick said softly, smiling at the barkeep as he did. With all the chitchat and grim looking characters rummaging the tavern, Ahrick was quick to remain seated at the bar, keeping to himself and being as quiet as possible.

The barkeep would return with the roegadyn's drink, in which he would thank the attendant once more, taking a few sips of the drink, still being sure to keep to himself. He didn't want to cause any trouble, especially in a tavern such as this.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Guest - 07-07-2010

Shamad jumped as the odd man yelled and poured water on himself. At this distance he couldn't tell his race but he most definitely wasn't a Lalafell. He settled back down and watched the Roegadyn's reaction to the free meal. He had gone hungry himself many times. It was weird but he had always liked Roegadyns. One of his best friends back in Ul'dah was a Roegadyn. Too bad Shamad would never see him again. He decided to stay in the Bismark until closing time. Hopefully something would pop up.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Siben - 07-07-2010

Siben gave a sigh and packed up his work. He flagged down a passing waitress who had apparently failed to notice him sitting in the booth during her rounds and ordered a stiff drink, on the rocks. While he waited for her to return he scanned the tavern quickly, only noticing that he wasn't the only person in the room. He gave a quick double take at the bird of prey perched across the room and cocked an eyebrow, intrigued.

By the time the waitress had returned with his drink he had pulled out another rather thick tome from his pack, it's embossed lettering read, "Myths and Legends of Eorzea." He thanked the waitress and quickly downed his drink before reaching into his pants pocket to reveal a small flask which he opened, pouring a good deal of it's contents over the ice in the glass.

He settled down against the booth and buried himself in his new book.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Camille - 07-07-2010

"Loyalty requires earning trust first, and trust is tough to earn. Especially from a discriminating falcon."

Ryelle didn't shift as some odd person in the corner shouted and doused himself, instead letting her gaze dirft around the taven once more, though she ignored the highlander ensconced in his corner. The man reading alone in a booth was curious but he looked oblivious to the world, which curbed interest. She took another sip of her kirsch, watching the lalafell approach the bar and leave over the rim of the glass. her smile nearly reached her eyes at the ensuing exchange between the barkeep and the roegadyn.

"As for opals, I'm currently waiting for something a great deal more precious to come into port, though with this storm the ship will probably be delayed till late tonight." She set the glass down and daintily started on her soup, ignoring the conversation trespasser once more. "Delicious~ Atleast the Bismarck hasn't lost its culinary prowress. Perhaps the authority on the fish will be proven right."

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - DAISHI - 07-08-2010

In the shadowy corners of the bar, a black masked man, face draped with a hood and his body covered in robes, couldn't help but resist a smile that tugged at the corner of his mouth. He felt a familiar presence... he only wished that he had memories to help him. He leaned forward in the stool of his table, the massive, curved head of the Great Axe on his back rising upwards above his head. Suddenly interested in what was happening about him, he raised his face, eyes peering out from behind the black tiara that consumed his face and neck, seeking from underneath the hood of his robe.

A woman, with a hawk. Interesting.
A pompous but very well dressed woman. Attractive.
...A well armored highlander. The man's eyes narrowed on this figure. Intriguing.
A stammering man who'd fallen asleep at the bar. Familiar. As in, recently familiar. The man felt he'd seen this one only very recently.
There were others, of course. Lalafell, Roegadyn.

He did not know whether to pick a fight, buy that woman a beer, or talk animals with the Hawk lover. Perhaps there would be enough time for all three tonight.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Guest - 07-08-2010

Shamad saw movement in one of the darker corners. He observed the dark dressed man shift his position and got a look at the great axe on the man's back. The man was large which made him nervous as always. Shamad could feel the man's gaze as he scanned the room and it was not pleasant. He shifted himself a little, making sure his staff and radical were clear. He didn't want to fight but he would if he had to. He carefully, quietly slipped a black dagger out of his sleeve and cut his palm. He muttered the words and cast his Blood Rite on himself.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - DAISHI - 07-08-2010

The man's steps came to a halt, a hand raising to his face, pulling the black cloth upwards over his nose. His nostrils twitched, a frown on his face. "Blood," he mumbled, his gaze turning to a diminutive figure sitting not incredibly far away. He raised a hand in the direction of the small, cloaked individual, his palm open in a gesture of calm. He bowed his head, indicating he had no ill intention, and proceeded onward, moving to the bar, the periphery of his vision still on the little figure in order to be cautious. "Bartender," he said, "Alcohol. Whatever. My only stipulation is that you make it strong."

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Guest - 07-08-2010

Shamad recognized the gesture for what it was but he still was going to keep his guard up. He did stop his bleeding hand. He kept watching the whole room carefully. He still hadn't seen or heard what he was looking for.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Menoe Valkyria - 07-08-2010

The women nodded curtly to the intruder in response letting her acquaintance continue the talking. She bent her arm slightly lifting it a little more for her companion to inspect the jerky. The Hawk eyed it and then screeched turning its head away disinterested and settled perching on the women’s gloved hand.
She let herself sit back against the chair and sipped her glass. The night was turning out to be a long one and the hope of finishing business and resting before heading home was becoming more of a distant plan. She could still see the waitress fidgeting behind him out of the corner of her eye.

Setting her wine glass down she caught sight a of a man at the bar. she hadn't seen him come in and therefore reasoned he must have been seated elsewhere out of sight.She only was half aware of her acquaintance's subject change and had little to say on the matter anyways.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - GaelicWarlord - 07-08-2010

Revanoth's eyes lifted from his table, resting upon a man who he would not soon forget. The man's posture, the axe he carried on his back, there was no denying that the man who had just entered was Kain. Revan remained focused on task however, despite having some sort of history with the man who had entered. The doors would open once more, a few yards behind Kain, and another Highlander would enter. He seemed younger than Revan by a few years, and his clothing style was more atuned to the people and culture of Limsa Lominsa. He was likely a sell sword, as this was usual of the highlanders present in Limsa Lominsa, albeit few in number as they were. The man's gaze rested upon Revan who sat in the corner, and his eyes had widened as if he had seen a ghost. He approached the man slowly and even carefully and sat before Revan at the other end of his table.

" By Rhalgyr, I do not believe my eyes!" The man leaned forward looking Revan over closely, inspecting his every feature. "When I received your message, I could not conceive it with all my mind." The man shakes his head in disbelief. "Lengalad would be most happy to hear of your return, Lord Revan. I am curious as to why you had wished not of me to inform him... where... where have you been all these years? We thought surely you were killed in the battle."

Revanoth's gaze rested upon the highlander in silent contemplation, his cerulean stare as cold as the night's rain. He leaned forward staring straight into the man's eyes, not saying a word, not hinting to any emotion, but silently he studied the man before him. "Celgad... do you dare tell me you had no hand in this?..." Revan's words were cryptic and vague, but his voice seemed cold and detached from the world around him. Celgad's growing smile just as soon faded away at the cryptic question. "...Revan. Are you alright, sir? Have I had a hand in what?"

Revan pushed the documents forward to Celgad, and the newly arrived highlander glanced down to them. "The script is that of the Garlean empire, Celgad... documents that fate had brought into my grasp... Can you decipher them?" Revan asked curiously. Celgad looked down at the parchments and had shaken his head. "...I can not." Celgad replied.

Revan nodded slowly, "I, however, can." and flipped a few pages over to one of the maps, an aged parchment that was the map of the City of Ala Mihgo. There were markings and circled locations all about the map, and Revan's finger ran along all of them, pointing each and every one out. "The Garleans knew every defended position... they knew our forces as if they were their very own... why do you think that was, Celgad?"

Celgad slowly began to shake his head, "...Revan... that was a decade ago... What good does digging old maps up do us now? It simply will not undo what has been done. It will not bring us victory over the Garleans." Revan interupted, "This is not about war, Celgad... this is about justice." Celgad had shaken his head, "You are losing your mind, Revan. Our civilization is scattered... if Lengalad hadn't been working as a mercenary, we'd not have the good fortune we have now. Let the old hurts ail you no more, and do something with your life then to speculate over foreign documents of a land we know nothing about..."

The men continued to converse among each other quietly.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Siben - 07-08-2010

Siben's head snaps up and he looks about the room. His years spent studying conjuration tipping him off that ~someone~ is using magic in the room.

As he looks his eyes settle on the man dressed in black, shouldering a very large axe.
".....damn."

He takes a moment to study the axe, exchanging some glances between the book he's reading and the weapon before shaking his head and mumbling to himself. He returns to his reading though keeps an eye out for any trouble.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Tyriont - 07-09-2010

Croix shrugged at the bird's seeming indifference. Better than having his fingers taken off he supposed, although it certainly would have helped ingratiate him had it reacted more positively. Obviously well trained. A sparkle hit his eyes as the well-dressed woman mentioned the goods she was waiting on. A great deal more precious, eh? His hunch had been right, the Captain would certainly want to hear of this. But first, more information was needed...

"You have excellent taste, my lady. Indeed, the chefs here at the Bismarck are some of the finest in the city...although I'm sure it doesn't come close to the delectable treats one such as yourself must be used to. I imagine you must have sampled dishes from all over the world in your line...trader, I assume." It was not phrased as a question. Croix lacked the mastery of subterfuge and instead plowed straight ahead in his attempts to gather information as to the mysterious shipment. "We see plenty of those come through, although rarely as well dressed and pretty as yourself. Is that why you have your intimidating looking friend here with you? A bodyguard to keep your riches safe from the city's gallery of rogues? Ah, thank you Elle." he smiled at the waitress as she brought him a tall glass of water from which he casually sipped, glancing over the rim at the two women and trying to read their expressions as best as he could.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - DAISHI - 07-09-2010

The dark masked man did not look up, only glancing out the side of his eye as a trio of men entered into the bar. Leading the small pack was one man, his bald head gleaming in the dim light, a row of daggers and knifes strapped to his chest beneath the brown coat. His face was emotionless, a cold slate of thought and logic, the man entirely within the realm of control. At his right was a thin, well dressed man with well combed and trimmed hair, spectacles on his eyes. At his side was a thin sabre of the dueling sort, sharp enough to kill a man but usually reserved for sport. On the opposite side, to the left, was a giant of a man, larger than any Hyur he had seen, save for maybe Guytrain the Guillotine. Unlike Guytrain, this brute looked like all muscle and no brain, except for his belly that hung over the front of his tattered pants, a thick rope tied about his waist and barely holding the material up. In his sides he gripped two gigantic maces, the head of both the width of a man's torso.

The trio said nothing for a moment, the thin, spectacled man walking up to a nearby waitress. "Table, m'lady," he said with a half bow, hand extended in front of his waist in a courteous gesture. "We may be met by several others, so perhaps something private, towards the back?"

The waitress' eyes went wide as she looked from the handsome gentleman, to the giant mountain of a man, to the coated and knife armed leader of the three. The bald man's cold, emotionless eyes turned to the waitress for only a second and she could not prevent the instinctive step backwards, the fearful reaction. She braced herself, clutching a menu to her breasts as she nodded, leading them far from the rest, towards the rearmost of the tavern.

The masked man watched the three as they vanished towards the rear, returning his gaze to the bartender before them. He shook his head, thinking on the large man. "Goobbue. Why the hell is he here..." He quickly raised his hand to his mask stripping it off his face. Goobbue had never once seen him with the tiara off, but had certainly seen him plenty of times with it on. He tucked the black mask into his robes, exposing his tanned features, though he disguised his face under the hood. Those three looked vicious, and he was not at all up for that sort of fight tonight. A good bar brawl, perhaps. He chuckled as he leaned towards the bartender, cupping his glass in his hand. "I think I might, perhaps, buy a drink for one of the ladies here. It's been a while though."

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Guest - 07-09-2010

Shamad watched the three men enter with great trepidation. The leader made him nervous, the one with the spectacles wary, and the giant made him feel like he was going fill his pants. He shrunk as far into the shadows as he could. He unwound the bandage on his hand and squeezed the wound, producing more blood. He prepared himself for battle. He went over his spells in his mind. He didn't want to but if he had to, he would. He might get hurt but he would be sure to kill one of them at the very least.

Re: Arrival at the Bismarck [Open] - Menoe Valkyria - 07-09-2010

The women smirked slightly as she watched her Companion shrug the offer off. She arched an eyebrow slightly as she caught a slight change in the Elezen’s expression as the mention of trade came up. He was obviously not leaving and his attempt at flattery was beginning to grate on her nerves. Leading her to wondered if her acquaintance was the type of girl to easily buy into such behavior.
She listened half there as he began to question Ryelle; Picking up her glass she brought it to her lips to sip at it’s contents when she caught his question about her place in it in which she immediately interruppted to rectify her part in the whole business.

“Does it cross your thoughts that perhaps your unwelcomed into this conversation Sir? If your so curious as to what business is certainly not yours; I have just Met this women and certainly have no intrest in guarding any shipment.I would not waste my time.”
With That she excused herself from the table for the time being her Hawk jumping up onto her shoulder as she whent to the bar .