Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Friendly Miqo looking for LS/anyone! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Friendly Miqo looking for LS/anyone! (/showthread.php?tid=18617)

Friendly Miqo looking for LS/anyone! - Kyzy - 02-21-2017

Hey! 

I want to shove my Seeker Miqo into more social situations. He's a bit of a social butterfly but suffers from bouts of nerves when it comes to big groups-- but is especially timid when it comes to other Miqo's and seeks to pretend they don't exist (despite being one). 

A little bit of backstory on him; like most Miqo's he was part of a cat-gang of sorts that both specialized in both hitman work and theft (you know, like most Miqo groups). His part in this was more highly illegal than most, because he took up an interest and talent in black mage magic at a young age from his brother who was already a brilliant black mage. Becoming a talented mage for the sake of evil, he would use his magic to pressure and scare people into giving their loot up-- yet never actively killed anyone. He came close many times though. He expressed over and over that he didn't want to hurt anyone, but, as many know... you can't do black magic and not hurt something. 

The first death he caused made him run away in fear from his group and, though they hunted him, decided to only let him live because they knew he'd never squeal on them. Hes not that sort of guy, he was terrified as it was-- and they had his brother. If he spoke anything about them to anyone, they threatened that they would hear and promptly destroy his closest kin. He is now not allowed to contact his brother, and thus, finds himself very much alone. 

Now, under the guise of a 'magician', he does stupid party tricks, performs said stupid party tricks for a quick buck and has taken up the white magic of the white mage-- he believes, by doing this, he can atone for his sin of murder in some way. He basically lives his life feeling guilty and hunted, like he can't escape his past. As its outlawed everywhere, he barely ever practices black magic any more and concentrates his focus on healing. 

Despite this, hes a very friendly fellow-- perhaps too friendly, like hes trying to prove something. He wont steal anything from you, he wont hurt you (he despises fighting) and if anything, he will do anything to try and get positive energy thrown his way. His smile sometimes is extraordinarily fake, but recently, as hes been opening up to people and making friends... he's been feeling a little more brighter about the world. 

Any Miqo could be part of that gang he was in-- that's why he fears them and does not trust them. Its kinda a shame he is fearful of his own race, but I'm hoping that'll change with character progression! He has a good heart, and while murdering a single person might not be anything to some characters, its a lot to him. Watching people be killed is a lot different from doing it yourself, after all.

ANYHOW I'm rambling if anything. Just want to meet some good people IC. Smile Feel free to hit me up here!

This is him~

[Image: ffxiv_02222017_012359_zpsdghximgc.png]

RE: Friendly Miqo looking for LS/anyone! - Thunderbolt300 - 02-22-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard the RPC! Thumbsup

So, there's a good few directions you could go here, depending on what you'd like most.

First off, you can run into Kasi sometime if you'd like- she's not likely to have been in the old gang, but she is kind of a Miqo'te supremacist and a mercenary with a good number of criminal connections with organized crime. So, she gets on (at least initially) pretty well with her kin. She's also a wandering trader and cook to boot. It's entirely possible there might be some kind of a past connection somewhere in there!

Second, there's ShroudLife if you're looking to do a lot of wandering outside cities and avoid large groups of people. Granted, there are a lot of Miqo'te in this LS, but it's a good opportunity to break out and get in with people from all over the community all at once. There's both a Discord channel as well as an in-game LS.

Third, there's the Coven. If you already have an FC, that's fine- joining the Coven isn't required to be linked to it. The Coven is essentially the mob- organized crime that tries to avoid legal entanglements. The Coven employs independent contractors on a per-job basis, so you can find work there as well as kindred shady people to RP with as well! Independent contractors have access to our IC LS for shenanigans. 

Forth, and on the other hand, if you want to shoot to edge into the good spectrum, there's the Hydaelyn Protector's LS for more good-aligned vigilantes. 

In any case though, I hope this helps and good luck on your search!

RE: Friendly Miqo looking for LS/anyone! - illust - 02-22-2017

Heyo and welcome!

If your little Miqo is ever looking to drown his troubled thoughts away, Illust might be able to help him with that! Thumbsup

Good luck in your searching~!

RE: Friendly Miqo looking for LS/anyone! - TK Hikaru - 02-23-2017

Welcome aboard!
Chouwa is a very sociable hyur who's a bit of a miqo'te magnet. She'd probably offer your miqo a muffin or two and a listening ear.

Feel free to hit me up in game for some rp, I'm about as threatening as a wet slice of salami.

RE: Friendly Miqo looking for LS/anyone! - Veyha Yanjahl - 02-23-2017

Yo! Welcome to the RPC \o/

Tachi is a rather outgoing if odd Keeper of the Moon huntress. She'd definitely enjoy bumping into and getting to know your miqo'te. She values interaction with her own kind and has a growing fascination in magic of all kinds so they might get along swimmingly!

RE: Friendly Miqo looking for LS/anyone! - C'io Behkt - 02-25-2017

Hi Ra'ahxus! I am really sorry, but I am offering you another Miqo'te.

But first, some questions of curiousity!

What totem animal does Ahxus' "Ra" carry, or is that part of his identity that he is unaware of having lived instead with the cat-gang?

Was your cat-gang an Ul'dahn one or did they frequent the areas surrounding a different city-state?

As for possible connections to have our characters meet, I'll present a few options so you can choose what works best for you, Big Grin.

C'io is a fellow Seeker who has been based in Ul'dah a long time, but who has also traveled extensively across Eorzea as an adventurer and odd-jobs woman. She is sometimes awkward in social situations because of how long she's lived alone on the road, and she doesn't quite trust miqo'males, particularly Seeker ones, but she's a good person with a good heart, and someone who understands magic and studies the social stigma behind forbidden arts. She's also someone who, like Ra'axhus, is learning how to open up and make friends again.

While typically her chosen tasks have to do with hard labour and delivering mail, it may be that they once ran into one another as fellow contractors during one of his 'magician' gigs. It is also quite possible that she had run-ins with your gang in the past as they sought to liberate from her parcels of mail she was in charge of delivering; C'io knows the natural paths, after all, and has often been alone in the wilds. The latter one might work for you because it will also mean Ra'ahxus will have some evidence that C'io is not a member of his cat-gang.

Another option is to have Ra'axhus visit C'io's new FC instead. As a group that is openly interested in understanding the history and historical techniques and technologies that litter Eorzea, The Guiding Light might have attracted Ra'axhus' attention as a place he could open up about his use of War of Magi era magics and, temporarily, stop denying the black magus inside of him.

In any event, I'm open to whatever best suits your character! Let's both put ourselves out there and meet some good people IC! Big Grin