Hydaelyn Role-Players
I ask for your aid! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I ask for your aid! (/showthread.php?tid=1863)

I ask for your aid! - E'irawen - 04-13-2013

I've been developing a tea-shop owner of a character, and I was hoping I could get some help from you other users!

I'll be poking at botany and other harvesting to gather more information when the game is fully released, but I know it's unlikely I'll be able to gather /all/ of the information I want to right away.

SO. Your quest, should you choose to accept it:

What plants are you picking up during your gathering?

I want to have a bit of fun with this tea shop and make up blends based on things you can actually find in-game.

[Also the shop still needs a name so if you have any suggestions. It's a tea shop-slash-small inn.]

Just to Clarify;

Just to put any minds at ease, I'm speaking from a 1.0 standpoint right now. xD I'm not referencing Beta/Alpha at all. However I do intend to gather what plants and such that I can when the game is live (or at least the NDA is lifted), but for now I was just hoping people could tell me what plants and foods they've found or crafted in their 1.0 days.

RE: I ask for your aid! - Ellie - 04-13-2013

Quick reminder for everyone to remember that the NDA is still in effect for information derived from the beta that hasn't already been released.

That said, the only thing that comes to mind right now from playing botanist in 1.0 are the Thanalan Tea Leaves, but there might be more references to more somewhere. Perhaps searching some of the older item databases?

EDIT: Actually a quick search on Eorzeapedia turned up a lot more information than I thought was there.

RE: I ask for your aid! - E'irawen - 04-13-2013

Thank you for the NDA reminder!

And the link! But basically, I am trying to research all the different plants. I don't want to limit her teas to literally being made only from tea leaves. Like... Memory serving me, there are random plants like Blue Landtrap Leaves somewhere. Maybe she can make tea out of that, I dunno, haha.

Then again, I suppose I could use Eorzeapedia or something. ; ; Totally slipped my mind. I thought this would be a bit more fun for everyone, though.

RE: I ask for your aid! - Mtoto Wamoto - 04-13-2013

Fruits/Nuts
Sun Lemons
Faerie Apples
Rolanberries
La Noscean Oranges
Blood Currants
Almond
Lowlands Grapes
Prickly Pineapple

Spices
Pearl Ginger
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Black Pepper
Dragon Pepper
Table Salt
Rock Salt

Herbs
Chamomile
Lavender
Flax
Laurel Leaves
Sagolii Sage
Cloves
Thanalan Tea Leaves
Red/Blue Landtrap Leaves
Midland Basil
Marjoram
Mistletoe
Tinolqa Mistletoe
Matron's Mistletoe
Vampire plant
Yellow Ginseng
Belladonna (Nightshade!)

Sweeteners
Sweet Cream
Honey
Powdered Sugar
Buffalo Milk
Maple Sugar

Tea Ideas

Thanalan Chai
Thanalan Tea Leaves
Pearl Ginger
Cloves
Black Pepper
Cinnamon
Sweet Cream
Buffalo Milk

Blood Currant Tea
Blood Currants
Sun Lemons
La Noscean Oranges
Cloves
Cinnamon
Maple Sugar

RE: I ask for your aid! - Kylin - 04-13-2013

I -think- Mtoto listed all the stuff from 1.0. But if you want more detailed descriptions/pictures of the above listed items, this is a really good site: http://ffxiv.mozk-tabetai.com/

Under the gathering tab >> Botanist. It then divides the items up by area (based on the old version of the game of course...so some of this may change in 2.0).

RE: I ask for your aid! - E'irawen - 04-13-2013

Thank you for the wiki links, and thank you especially Mtoto!

I think I should clarify too, just to put any minds at ease, I'm speaking from a 1.0 standpoint right now. xD I'm not referencing Beta at all. However I do intend to gather what plants and such that I can when the game is live (or at least the NDA is lifted), but for now I was just hoping people could tell me what plants and foods they've found or crafted in their 1.0 days.