Hydaelyn Role-Players
Free RP for Newcomers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Free RP for Newcomers (/showthread.php?tid=18649)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Free RP for Newcomers - Thunderbolt300 - 02-27-2017

(02-26-2017, 08:12 PM)Kazukata Wrote: That said, if we're talking world rp, Kasi's ShroudLife linkshell is certainly a good start, since I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet. Outside of that, though, I'm game to hear any ideas anyone's got.

Yeah, if anyone is interested in ShroudLife, I link it in my signature. It's a good spot to link up with other players out in the wilderness for some shenanigans. The more connections the better, I figure.

As for taverns? Yeah, I tend to agree; it's not typically the pinnacle of meaningful RP that's going to lead to ample amounts of character development. Now, taverns with an ulterior motive behind them, on the other hand...

Not that I'm biased, or anything. Ahem.

RE: Free RP for Newcomers - Uther - 03-01-2017

So, for anyone interested in my offer of free RP, I'm going to try to be at Spellguard on Friday and The Grindstone on Saturday. I'll be spectating both, not competing, so feel free to come up and say hi. Otherwise it's just me watching people roll dice. 

As for adventure RP, I just got back on this character for the first time since Heavensward launched, so I'm going to be doing a lot of Ishgard adventures on my grind from 50 to 60. My group and I RP a lot of what we do out in the world, so if you're in that area I'll be on all next week, as I have no RL responsibilities for the whole week. Send me a tell in-game or a PM on this site, or just send me a friend request if you want to see where I'm questing and if that interests you beforehand. Don't be shy. I promise I won't laugh at you if you're awkward, and I don't care if you laugh at me for being awkward. If our characters don't mesh well I'm not going to hold it against you OOC. 

I know some of you said you were interested, and I'm pretty excited to see where this goes. I've been busy with some unexpected RL stuff so I haven't had the time to reach out to people individually, but the plan to get newcomers some easy-access RP early on, and to bring back some adventure RP for experienced roleplayers who miss it or never got to experience it, is still very much something I'm trying to accomplish.

Basically, 
"If you meet me online by Grubb's Tavern, I will show you where the treasure hidden." 
[Image: 96faf68152b4aff65e242539706257008ad869bf_full.jpg]

RE: Free RP for Newcomers - Skae - 03-01-2017

(02-27-2017, 10:46 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: As for taverns? Yeah, I tend to agree; it's not typically the pinnacle of meaningful RP that's going to lead to ample amounts of character development. Now, taverns with an ulterior motive behind them, on the other hand...

Taverns are far from the pinnacle of meaningful RP, but they are a good place to meet people and make some contacts that might lead to some nice RP elsewhere further down the road.

RE: Free RP for Newcomers - Uther - 03-01-2017

Tavern RP has its benefits. You can meet people, it's a good place to relax after some adventure RP if you still want to be IC, and it's a good planning spot before some adventure RP. It just confuses me when people do all of their in-game RP in a tavern and then develop their character off-screen in their own headcanon. That's barely RP anymore. It's just you talking about a story you wrote by yourself, while looking at a model of the protagonist of your fanfic. I just don't get it.

But I didn't start this thread to bash on tavern RP. I just put in some jabs and it turns out other people don't like it either. If that's what you're into, that's what you're into.

RE: Free RP for Newcomers - Valreth - 03-05-2017

I cannot express how awesome this thread is. As one of those people where it took considerable effort and time to try and get into the rp community over the past year and a half, feeling disheartened in the process, it's reassuring to see so many people that are so welcoming to new folks. I've already passed this thread on to a few other new rpers I've had contact with.

As I'm also still looking for more contacts or rp, you can be sure I'll hit you up in-game if I see you.

For others that may read this thread that are in the same boat, feel free to add me or poke me in-game, here, or on tumblr for rp as well. Don't be afraid to whisper me. I'm one of those folks that will derp around either idling or doing content just to kill time. I will drop everything for rp. Even if I'm not in-game, I can usually be in-game right away. While I love story/plot-driven rp, I'm open and willing for any kind of RP. I find social rp is great for meeting new people and forming new connections. To find those you're comfortable with doing more story-driven rp with.

My main is a tribal Xaela hunter from the Oronir tribe. She loves learning about other cultures, cooking, and teaching those about her own culture and how to hunt without wasting. She's got a heavy accent, and the language barrier makes for some funny moments with trying to understand jokes and idioms.