Hydaelyn Role-Players
Long time fan of RP, first time Balmung - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Long time fan of RP, first time Balmung (/showthread.php?tid=18776)

Long time fan of RP, first time Balmung - Moon Kito - 03-07-2017

Oh boy what to say, I transferred here from Adamantoise in hopes of finding more roleplaying and to get back into roleplaying. I don't have much experience with lore and I've already started to go off a bit half cocked with my character. I look forward to using this site to help improve and smooth out my character!

Really this is about the only MMORPG I've done, I did runescape a long time ago if you'd like to count that.

Roleplaying experience I was on a Sailor Moon RP site for a while but got bored with the normal day activities and before that I was on gaiaonline for most of my highschool days.

I heard about this site from someone I've been roleplaying with on Balmung and he's been super helpful in directing me at least to sites I need to be at.

The main thing I'm trying to find help with in development is for Sky Pirates which currently there doesn't seem to be too much lore for FFXIV?

I'll try to make sure I get as many rules down as I can I'm just super nervous and excited which is the opposite of the my IC surprisingly.

So really if anyone can direct me with help about Sky Pirates that'd be great, I've been in love with Sky Pirates since Skies of Arcadia and having them here just makes me so happy.

Anyway enough babbling from me I hope we can get along!

RE: Long time fan of RP, first time Balmung - Kokona - 03-07-2017

Are you the Moon that comes to Coven's tavern? Nice to meetcha again!

Welcome to Balmung! Moogle

RE: Long time fan of RP, first time Balmung - Ririla Rila - 03-07-2017

Hello Moon! I believe you've visited our tavern a few times! Welcome to the RP and to Balmung!

I don't know much about sky pirates per se, all i know is that they exist and are scary! If you ever need any help, the Coven do employ pirates and various other shady types! (shameless promotion)

RE: Long time fan of RP, first time Balmung - Thunderbolt300 - 03-07-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC and to Balmung! Thumbsup

Far be it for me to break a combo we seem to have going here... as for sky pirates, though? Most of the lore regarding them seems to focus around the raid questline. This is the introductory quest that leads into that, as part of the Heavensward content:

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Sky_Pirates

I'm sure someone else with a bit more knowledge about them will chime in. Far as I've seen there are multiple bands of sky pirates, though- this questline simply revolves around 2 of them. Otherwise, they do pretty much as you'd expect them to!

RE: Long time fan of RP, first time Balmung - Gegenji - 03-07-2017

Sounsyy, our resident loremaster, likely has the most information regarding Sky Pirates... but most of what we know is actually more or less self-contained within the whole Void Ark raid trio. You end up working with (and a little against) various Sky Pirates.

From what I remember (which may not be much), there's a couple types of Sky Pirates. Those who are using the recent surge of relatively easy-to-obtain airships to seek out thrills and adventures in the wild blue yonder, and those who are seeking personal profit. Much like regular pirates, I suppose. And, like pirates, some seem to have some manner of code (I vaguely remember something about not stealing from certain types of people, but I could just be recalling the Thief sidequest in Bravely Second) while others the code is little beyond "the captain's word is law."

So, while there isn't a lot explicitly stated in lore... that leaves a lot of gray area to play around with. And you're not forced by lore to play your sky pirate any particular way. Even whether you've a whole airship and crew or just a rowdy little band that uses Manacutters.

RE: Long time fan of RP, first time Balmung - Moon Kito - 03-07-2017

(03-07-2017, 07:14 AM)Rhenasi Wrote: Are you the Moon that comes to Coven's tavern? Nice to meetcha again!

Welcome to Balmung! Moogle

Why yes it fact it is me! HAH and thanks Liliro! Hey keeping options open are a good thing!

PRAISE! Ok that's about as much lore as I was figuring off of but I wasn't sure if there was a wizard somewhere that had super secret details that I wasn't privy to yet. So I appreciate all the lovely responses so quickly o7

I'll have to stalk/follow up with Sounsyy then. Tonberry

I very greatly appreciate the welcome and direction \o/ If I do anything stupid I will happily right it.

RE: Long time fan of RP, first time Balmung - Thraask - 03-07-2017

(03-07-2017, 02:40 AM)Moon Kito Wrote: The main thing I'm trying to find help with in development is for Sky Pirates which currently there doesn't seem to be too much lore for FFXIV?

I'll try to make sure I get as many rules down as I can I'm just super nervous and excited which is the opposite of the my IC surprisingly.

So really if anyone can direct me with help about Sky Pirates that'd be great, I've been in love with Sky Pirates since Skies of Arcadia and having them here just makes me so happy.

Anyway enough babbling from me I hope we can get along!

Well, there is actually a Sky Pirates themed Linkshell in the Linkshell hall called Skywardens. I have no idea how active it is or what they're doing, but it might be a good place to start looking. Surely someone there knows something about Sky Pirates, right? xD