Hydaelyn Role-Players
Long Time Roleplayer, New to Balmung - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Long Time Roleplayer, New to Balmung (/showthread.php?tid=18782)

Long Time Roleplayer, New to Balmung - Zjeven - 03-07-2017

Hi there!

Wanting to spend a little bit of time introducing myself to the community here.  I'm a long time roleplayer, writer, and MMORPG lover.  I am also really bad at writing "Introduction" posts!

Thankfully, there seems to be a little template stickied to the top of the page, so... don't mind if I do!

--MMORPG background

I've been playing MMORPG's since EverQuest back in 2000, and I started roleplaying in that game soon after.  I was such a newbie back then...

Since then, i've played... a lot of similar games in the genre, as MMO's tend to be my favorite (aside from maybe the good horror game, but those are few and far between in terms of release).

My favorites probably range from:  EverQuest II, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Elder Scrolls Online, City of Heroes/Champions Online, to my new obsession... Final Fantasy Smile

--RP experience

I started roleplaying soon after I began playing EverQuest "back in the day", and since then, my roleplay tastes have really evolved.  I love building and developing characters, developing character relationships, and participating in elaborate storylines.

I also love to write!  Currently, i'm working on putting together my first novel. Smile

--Character ideas/info

Jyn has been the first and only character that I have really played in his universe, and there hasn't been a lot of interaction or character development to speak of, despite him being pretty "up there" in terms of progression through storyline and gameplay mechanics.

With that, his background is pretty simple.  He's an ex-Imperial Assassin who was quite good at... well... killing people, and it was his job to do so in quiet, quick ways for years and years.

After being betrayed by one of his longstanding friends and partners, he was cast out of the Empire and left for dead.

He has since been trying to repair his life, make amends with the terrible things he has done, find a new purpose, and shake the reputation that he now carries with him because of his shadowy past.

Because of his experiences, he wears a pretty heavy mask; as it was how he was taught to interact, behave, and treat other people.  Underneath that mask, though, lies a man of emotional depth; a side that not many people have seen.

And... that's really it.  I haven't made it much further than that, considering that I started out on a non-roleplay server, and am just now starting to reach out to communities to see where I might be able to "fit in" Smile.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

... Google?

In all seriousness, I've poked my head into the website from time to time to read, but have never registered or posted.  Now that i'm transferred onto a roleplay server, I figured that was it was time to change that Smile

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I think that it's hard to really put me into one of those buckets.  I'm "heavy"? But I like to also play the game, so i'm not always spending all of my time on just roleplay.

In general, I like plot-based roleplay and character development.  I love actual "stories", and seeing characters grow based on their interactions; be they friendly, action-based, romantic, etc.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Hmm... well, i'm a HR Manager for a family business, and I love my job.

I write as a hobby; and am working on something I hope to get published.

Finished college years ago.

I love roleplay.

I'm a big goofball.

I love to hang around with other serious, mature folks in the evenings to "wind down" from the long days in the office.

... and i'll be looking for a guild to put Jyn into here pretty quick Smile

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

I look forward to getting to know you all.  This is an adventure: stepping into a new community.  Here's to positive and constructive interaction, both OOC and IC!

RE: Long Time Roleplayer, New to Balmung - SafetyGoggles - 03-07-2017

Hello and welcome! Help yourself to some fruit!

*holds up fruit basket*

RE: Long Time Roleplayer, New to Balmung - Deahfel - 03-07-2017

Hello and welcome to the RPC and Balmung! Glad to see another EQ player who has also endured the wonders of corpse recovery, trains, and deleveling Tongue. FFXIV has a fantastic RP community and it sounds like you have a solid character concept going so far.

I would definitely check out the listings for FC's/LS's here on the site and see if any of them jump out at you. One recommendation I have is to "test drive" any FC's out by RPing with them a bit and checking out their events to make sure its a good fit for you and your RP style.

Other than that you can start cranking out your character wiki, head over to the making connections section to look for some RP contacts (or you can reach out to those who respond here as well!), and there is always the Balmung event calendar if you are looking to go check out some of the incredible events that are hosted.

If you have any questions or want to RP sometime feel free to send me a tell in game or through here!

RE: Long Time Roleplayer, New to Balmung - Ryslo Suramlo - 03-07-2017

Welcome to the Hydaelyn Roleplayers Coalition! I know you'll find everyone here very accommodating and very welcoming. If you have any questions, comments, concerns I can do my best to field those very things for you. Add Ryslo Suramlo in game and I'll be glad to accept your friend request that way if you just want to party, or chat you can feel welcomed to do so!

RE: Long Time Roleplayer, New to Balmung - Ritsu - 03-08-2017

Welcome!

RE: Long Time Roleplayer, New to Balmung - Zjeven - 03-08-2017

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome Smile

I look forward to meeting some of you! Big Grin

RE: Long Time Roleplayer, New to Balmung - Thunderbolt300 - 03-09-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

When you start looking for potential connections, I'd strongly urge you to toss up a Making Connections post with what all you'd be interested in chasing after, and what niches you're most shooting for!