Hydaelyn Role-Players
New To FFXIV - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New To FFXIV (/showthread.php?tid=1882)

New To FFXIV - Tosheden - 04-17-2013

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the boards and the game so I'm noob level -512937123712 and I've got a whole plethora of "Whats this" and "Whats that" and "How f*** does that work!?" You know, noob stuff lol. I found out about FFXIV by complete randomness (Or maybe it was destiny due to how awesome it is Thumbsup). I was really hoping it was some type of an established RP community for this game and I'm happy my search led me here. I've played a couple mmos over the years; SWG, TOR, TSW, GW (couldn't get into it for longer then a week) WoW (10minutes literally). But I mostly stuck with SWG as my main since it was my first and I eventually had to operate a guild for 6 years so it was hard to let go until the lights got shut off Cry. Moving on! I've always been drawn into the aspect of RP. When I first started getting into MMOs I got sucked into RP and since then it became one of my favorite ways to enjoy the game. It lead to some really interesting stories made a ton friends and just as many foes(ICly ofc). RP really keeps the game interesting and gives you something to do besides PvE and PVP. And it's been a long time since I've actively RP'd and I really miss it. So I'm hoping FFXIV can relight the fire I had for it years ago. 

I don't have a character background made up (aside a name) at all since I'm trying to get seasoned on how this world....turns. I know it'll be something along the lines of a guy who loves that thrill of battle just as much as having some drinks in the nearest tavern talking about how quick that monsters head fell off. Evil
Anyway, I'd like to join a guild before the game releases if not though I'm sure you'll see me running around after launch. Hope to meet some interesting people around these parts! Big Grin

P.S. Accepting new friendships.
P.P.S Bring booz and pizza and we'll be buds for life

RE: New To FFXIV - Alothia - 04-17-2013

Welcome!

*hands out Irish Car Bombs and Pizza*

Hope you like it here! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! We're more than happy to help you!
Moogle

RE: New To FFXIV - Valan - 04-17-2013

welcome

RE: New To FFXIV - Weffrey - 04-17-2013

Welcome to the site!

RE: New To FFXIV - Xenedra - 04-17-2013

Welcome to the RPC! Feel free to ask all your questions. We love em! Some people have started threads just for this purpose, so have at, if that's what you'd like to do. Also, if you're looking for a guild, we have a section for that, up there at the top called "Linkshells." ^

RE: New To FFXIV - AeroCura - 04-17-2013

Hey there! welcome to the site! Big Grin Big Grin

RE: New To FFXIV - Yssen - 04-18-2013

Hiya, welcome to the community!

RE: New To FFXIV - Tosheden - 04-18-2013

(04-17-2013, 05:57 PM)Xenedra Wrote: Welcome to the RPC! Feel free to ask all your questions. We love em! Some people have started threads just for this purpose, so have at, if that's what you'd like to do. Also, if you're looking for a guild, we have a section for that, up there at the top called "Linkshells." ^

Thank you for the pointer I was kinda trying to figure out where the guild section was here didn't know they were called Linkshells lol!

Also thank you everyone else for such the warm welcome!

RE: New To FFXIV - Anzio - 04-18-2013

Hey there. Hope you have a good time here Smile