Hydaelyn Role-Players
Linkpearl Radio - Interest Check - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Linkpearl Radio - Interest Check (/showthread.php?tid=18826)

Linkpearl Radio - Interest Check - TK Hikaru - 03-13-2017

Before I go hogwild into busting out linkshells and what not, I'd like to test the waters for an idea I had.

So we all know of the wonderful invention known as linkpearls, which allow you to hear people over far distances. Basically ffxiv's radio system.

Cue me a while back thinking you could potentially run a radio station over a linkpearl.

The idea won't leave me alone and a character of mine (Who really needs a wiki or something) has become intertwined with linkpearl stations and all that entails.

Thus this thread. Would anyone actually be interested in either putting on performances over a pearl and potentially listening?

An alternate idea I had was something akin to Potterwatch. A cluster of individuals reporting on the going ons in Doma with a very resistance feel to them. But, it all depends.

RE: Linkpearl Radio - Interest Check - SafetyGoggles - 03-13-2017

I had this idea awhile back too and thought it would be really fun. Unfortunately the character I had the idea for is no more.

I do have a musician that would be interested in sharing her music this way.

RE: Linkpearl Radio - Interest Check - Nebbs - 03-13-2017

I like the idea of an IC active LS and I think if you dotted it with performances, news, topical shows and such it could work. I wonder if you could also "record" things and play them back, though probably a pain.

I'd be up to pitch in with things on the EU timezone shows.

Some brain dumping:
  • Interviews
  • Performances
  • Fashion Tips
  • Gardeners Question time
  • Roving Reporters
  • ... just think of a real show and do the Eorzian alternative

RE: Linkpearl Radio - Interest Check - Poisonous - 04-01-2017

I'm a little late to the party but would definitely love to listen in on one of these linkpearls. It seems like a good way to slowly get introduced to the RP here and someday perhaps contribute (I majored in journalism irl).

RE: Linkpearl Radio - Interest Check - SapphireSkylines - 04-01-2017

I'd be interested in having my character perform on the station, or even host a show. This sounds like a cool idea!

RE: Linkpearl Radio - Interest Check - Amnesic - 04-01-2017

This would be very cool to see done and I've always wanted something like this, but I would never be around to hear it.

I love the idea regardless! Big Grin

RE: Linkpearl Radio - Interest Check - Parvacake - 04-01-2017

I'd love something like this! Either to help with or to take part in! Smile

RE: Linkpearl Radio - Interest Check - TK Hikaru - 04-06-2017

Well! This blew up quite a bit more than I expected! Definitely going to move this into the genuine planning phases, please look forward to it~