Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Returning Player - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Returning Player (/showthread.php?tid=18884)

Returning Player - Akeno Asukai - 03-17-2017

Basic Information;

Preferred Name: Kira
Main Character: Arisu Ai
Alternate Character(s): n/a
Primary Linkshell: n/a
Alternate Linkshell(s): Windwalkers
Primary FC: Sigil <S:7>

Role-Play Preferences;

Degree of Role-Play:
I'd like to land somewhere in the vicinity of Heavy, as I spend the majority of my time here wandering aimless about investigating Quicksand search info's and attempting to make new friends - a talent, I have learned, which I am quite horrible at. 
          Still, I do quite enjoy the land of opportunity that is RP and my main focus within the game is to find a knitted community which suits both myself and my character(s). Thus far, my return has brought very little in the way of RP, but I am hoping by reaching out to the community, I will find a few people with whom to share story arcs.

Thoughts on IC Romance:
True to my gender, I am very much the sucker for in character romances. More specifically, I am very fond of romances which develop over time, organically. That is not to say that I have not gone into an RP with the strict intention of developing something romantically - just as a person would in real life. A physical attraction is the first step to developing a romance in most cases. (Yes, I understand that sometimes a romantic feeling develops with someone you've never thought of physically, but that is a minority.)
          As with all story-arcs however, communication is key. I cannot (and will not) engage in a long-term story arc involving romance without solid communication out of character. If you play a character who is greedy and intends to hop around, cheating with others - I'd like to be informed out of character. I have experienced too many bad situations in which in character actions have led to out of character drama and I've no intention of reliving them here on 14. 

What about blood relatives?
More often than not, I write out this kind of relationship as previous experiences have left me high and dry more than once. Couple those experiences with my busy work life and I'm not entirely certain I can produce enough time for something of this magnitude. A blood relation RP, for me, requires a extensive amount of time and agreement between two people - it also requires as much trust as an IC romance, as it can be quite detrimental to one's character to have their sibling or parent disappear. Or worse, race-changed into something entirely different without a peep. 
          I do however, leave to consideration old friends or acquaintances from the history of my character(s). Often times, these can and do include people who have known them in another time - when they may not have been as mentally unstable as they've become recently. 

Thoughts on IC Combat:
Over the years, the majority of my characters have engaged in combat with other player made characters under a variety of circumstances. With proper communication (regarding how "punches" will be thrown and determined) in character fights and conflicts can be quite entertaining. I have found myself attending the weekly Grindstone and Runestone events for this reason alone most nights. 
          Any character that I create has a purpose in combat, whether it's a knack for survival, an ability to instigate conflict or a weakness often leaving them with more bruises than a Southern housewife - I am quite pleased with most combat situations I have come across. This includes the random assault by chaotic characters looking to churn waters.

What I am against however, is when lines are crossed and I am forced into a situation I am not comfortable with - such as killing off a character too soon or finding myself in conflict with someone who absolutely refuses to acknowledge consequences for in-character actions. To me, the latter is absolutely unacceptable. There are always consequences, great or small and I have no interest in becoming involved in arcs with someone who refuses to allow them.
          That being said, I am no stranger to the well thought out arc and plot. I, myself, have been on the end of resentment when a friend agreed to have their character murdered and the evidence destroyed so that my own character could not implicated. This, while frustrating, is something I respect. If communication is shown out of character regarding an outcome, wishes should be respected by all parties involved. 

And what about injuries? Big or small?
Over the years I have come to appreciate the revelation of in character injuries whether they are significant or the development of a slow-rising bruise. As stated previously however, out of character communication is extremely important. I, myself, am uninterested in having my character(s) permanently maimed - losing a limb simply does not fit the character(s) I have created recently. 
          Bruises, minor cuts and temporary injuries however, are a welcomed addition to my story-arcs. As I mentioned before, consequences are bound to happen and I accept those aimed at my character(s) which fall within reason. 

Remember: My character(s) belong to me and me alone. I have final say in any injury received by an outside force. If I do not wish to agree to something, that is my right; but I like to think of myself as a reasonable writer. 

Contact Information;
Discord: Kira Kitsune ✨#8883 (please let me know if this does not work, it's been sketchy as of late)
In-Game Message: Arisu Ai
Hydaelyn DM? Yes - checked daily

RE: Returning Player - SafetyGoggles - 03-17-2017

Hello and welcome back! I too have recently returned, to find the game absolutely bursting to the gills with nice people and lots of rp! Big Grin

RE: Returning Player - Akeno Asukai - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 11:02 PM)Noh Wrote: Hello and welcome back! I too have recently returned, to find the game absolutely bursting to the gills with nice people and lots of rp! Big Grin

This both excites and frightens me. ^^; Also, welcome back to you as well.

RE: Returning Player - SafetyGoggles - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 11:04 PM)Arisu Ai Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 11:02 PM)Noh Wrote: Hello and welcome back! I too have recently returned, to find the game absolutely bursting to the gills with nice people and lots of rp! Big Grin

This both excites and frightens me. ^^; Also, welcome back to you as well.
Do not be frightened. I brought Safety Goggles c:

RE: Returning Player - Lan Darklyn - 03-18-2017

Welcome back! I hope you get to find some really interesting stuff soon.