Hydaelyn Role-Players
Returning Roleplayer (New to FFXIV) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Returning Roleplayer (New to FFXIV) (/showthread.php?tid=18894)

Returning Roleplayer (New to FFXIV) - NekomiK - 03-19-2017

Hello!

I was a pretty avid forum roleplayer a decade ago during my school days, but as I became an adult I focused a lot more on tabletop roleplaying games than internet based ones. I've very much missed roleplaying, so since I was already playing FFXIV I made the decision to transfer to Balmung.

I've played many MMOs, but the only ones that ever stuck with me are TERA and FFXIV, although I haven't played the former in several years. I had something of a static in TERA with my tabletop buddies, and we would frequently do something I would call guerrilla roleplaying. Since we were practically a full party, we only ever needed one or two pugs for any content, so we would never break character (usually at the expense of the pug). It didn't help that we played as a cult to the Blood God and enjoyed open-world pvp, but I digress...

I found this website after a few Google searches, and now here I am. I'm here looking to make connections in the RPC, with my main purpose being finding a free company. Ideally, I would like a free company that has a medium roleplay focus and active raiding culture (not hardcore). Bonus points if they have found a way to combine those. In any MMO, it's always the people that make the game. The primary reason I quit TERA was because my group lost interest.

Now that I have my intentions out of the way, I'd like to ask a question about character development. 
I play a miqo'te character because I'm a dirty weeb, but with the coming expansion shifting focus to the other side of the world, I'd like to connect my character back to Doma. I was hoping to have my character be a refugee from Doma after the Garlean Empire did its thing, but I'm not sure if there are any miqo'te in Doma to begin with. I know that the few miqo'te that are in Eozea crossed frozen seas from somewhere else, but could that somewhere else be close enough to Othard that they traveled there too? I suspect we'll not have any answers until Stormblood, but how do you think the community would take to my character being from Doma?

RE: Returning Roleplayer (New to FFXIV) - PSDuckie - 03-19-2017

Tyll'a's adopted son is a Miqo'te originally hailing from Doma, so that is definitely possible.

RE: Returning Roleplayer (New to FFXIV) - Sounsyy - 03-19-2017

(03-19-2017, 12:46 AM)NekomiK Wrote: I was hoping to have my character be a refugee from Doma after the Garlean Empire did its thing, but I'm not sure if there are any miqo'te in Doma to begin with. I know that the few miqo'te that are in Eozea crossed frozen seas from somewhere else, but could that somewhere else be close enough to Othard that they traveled there too?

It's possible, but we've yet to get any lore that grants us a solid "yes." This topic did come up fairly recently, so I'm gonna link my post there that goes into a little bit more detail about the possibilities for Miqo'te in other parts of the world.

Here's a couple other links you might find helpful:
-Race Lore Compilation (Miqo'te)
-Doma Lore Compilation

RE: Returning Roleplayer (New to FFXIV) - NekomiK - 03-19-2017

Thanks for the responses! That's just the kind of information I was looking for. I did some searches for Doman lore but didn't find much, so I really appreciate the links.

On another note, does anyone have any leads on a raiding rp fc?

RE: Returning Roleplayer (New to FFXIV) - NekomiK - 03-19-2017

Also, I noticed in a lot of these threads that there is confusion as to whether the Miqo'te came from Islabard or Meracydia because of lore contradictions. I feel like a lot of people are missing a key point here... there are two tribes of Miqo'te with different cultures and skin tones. It would be entirely possible that this is because the Keepers came from Meracydia and the Seekers came from Islabard.

RE: Returning Roleplayer (New to FFXIV) - Thunderbolt300 - 03-20-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC and to FFXIV! Thumbsup

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

I'm sure you'll fit right in. You'll want to browse the FC listings to find something that suits you- you might even want to consider something like Shroudwolf (linked in my signature below). They're rather heavy on the Miqo'te RP via regular tabletop-like events and they have some casual raiding that goes on as well, I believe. Regardless, though, you can always toss up a post in the Making Connections forum and that ought to give you some more to play with!

RE: Returning Roleplayer (New to FFXIV) - NekomiK - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 07:39 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC and to FFXIV! Thumbsup

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

I'm sure you'll fit right in. You'll want to browse the FC listings to find something that suits you- you might even want to consider something like Shroudwolf (linked in my signature below). They're rather heavy on the Miqo'te RP via regular tabletop-like events and they have some casual raiding that goes on as well, I believe. Regardless, though, you can always toss up a post in the Making Connections forum and that ought to give you some more to play with!

Thanks, glad to be here!

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

I looked up the profile for Shroudwolf and it actually sounds very intriguing. It would allow me to have that Miqo'te slant to my rp while keeping my origins. It isn't too far of a stretch to believe that my character would seek out a Miqo'te family after fleeing Doma. It might be difficult to flesh out my character's background, though, with what limited knowledge we have of Doma (and especially of the culture of the various races there; who knows what kind of unit Doman Miqo'te live in).