Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking for helping hands in Gridania! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking for helping hands in Gridania! (/showthread.php?tid=18974)

Looking for helping hands in Gridania! - Lucyfer Loire - 03-28-2017

*Dial-up internet sound*

As if out of nowhere, a strange sound echoes...in Lucyfer Loire's mind.
It was the Elementals, calling out for the aid of their loyal servant, as she sighs, siting in front of Carline Canopy, once again alone, ignored.

Lucyfer's ears twitch, as she listens to the chatter of adventurers inside the tavern; they are too busy with their own lives to take a minute to listen to Lucyfer's plea

"They won't listen, and the people suffer!" She thinks.

She sighs, and she rests her face on her crossed arms for the 46th time that day...

*Windows XP startup sound*

Leaving Lucyfer no time to rest, the Elementals give her a boost of energy, and once again she stands up, gathering as much air in her lungs before shouting:

"GRIDANIANS!!!...."

Hello everyone! To those who haven yet to blacklist me, I ask the kindness to take a minute of your life to listen to the word of the elementals!

Lucyfer Loire is a insane devoted citizen of Gridania who is thrilled with the task of working for the people of Gridania. 
Guided, of course, by the Elementals who are 24/7 in touch with her, she tries to catch a few (in fact, everyone) adventurers who have the slightest good view about the city to help her with her big mission!

You might be thinking "Oh my, but what is that?" right?
Well, it's simple: Make a big, organized and exciting community in Gridania.

Now, in terms of OOC, what does this community mean? It means catching every roleplayer, Linkshell and Free Company that acts in Gridania and putting them together, somehow! 

Lucyfer believes that the people of Gridania is suffering, but at the same time they are shut in their own shells, thinking about their own lives and ending up in other destinations, closing their eyes to the problem that exists in their home.
Knowing this, she runs around the Twelveswood listening to the people and their stories, their problems and fears, while also trying to find new helping hands to help her solve such problems, making her the jack of all trades of those in need.

Lucyfer might be overly stupid, noisy and crazy, but she has good intentions! Join her in Gridania and tell her about your FC, your character, your problems, she will listen to you!

The plans are to map all PCs and NPCs of the Shroud and have a ".doc" about them, with their background and ideas of stories that they can be part of. NPCs will have their Lore studied and used as a tool to create RP storylines, and players and FCs can find ways to interact with each other. The idea is to wake Gridania up and not let everyone teleport to Ul'dah every time they feel like roleplaying.
We have a beautiful city and a big server full of players, we should make use of it!.

If you are around and want to play with me anyhow, if you hate me and want to throw tomatoes at me for shouting in front of the tavern or if you want to join me in a FC to help Lucyfer in her mission, make sure to send her a tell!

I'm around in all kinds of timezones.

RE: Looking for helping hands in Gridania! - Amnesic - 03-28-2017

I can't do much for you here other than bumping considering I'm only on here, but I hope you have some luck getting started up!

I know ShroudLife and Shroudwolf exist on Balmung for outdoorsy type stuff around Gridania. I have no idea if they ever go inside though. Surely there has to be enough people around there.

RE: Looking for helping hands in Gridania! - Thunderbolt300 - 03-28-2017

For some reason I read this and kept thinking...

"Let me shooooow you the power of Talos!"

Sounds like a pretty cool idea though- there are a lot of RP FC's based out of the Lavender Beds. Shroudwolf Clan was mentioned once already here by Amnesic, but there's also Morbolvine Clan, Mischief's Coven, Glowfly Exchange, and Azeyma's Oath too that I know off the top of my head. 

I'm also the admin for ShroudLife, though the name is a bit of a misnomer now since it focuses around wilderness RP all over Eorzea, not just in the Shroud, and generally tends to attract people who want to RP outside of the major cities.

RE: Looking for helping hands in Gridania! - Kazukata - 03-28-2017

This sounds interesting, and I'm all for a stronger Gridanian community! Unfortunately, I don't have much time of my own to reel other people into this as will likely end up being necessary, but I can volunteer Kazu for this list and some rp.

RE: Looking for helping hands in Gridania! - Lucyfer Loire - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 07:36 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: For some reason I read this and kept thinking...

"Let me shooooow you the power of Talos!"

Sounds like a pretty cool idea though- there are a lot of RP FC's based out of the Lavender Beds. Shroudwolf Clan was mentioned once already here by Amnesic, but there's also Morbolvine Clan, Mischief's Coven, Glowfly Exchange, and Azeyma's Oath too that I know off the top of my head. 

I'm also the admin for ShroudLife, though the name is a bit of a misnomer now since it focuses around wilderness RP all over Eorzea, not just in the Shroud, and generally tends to attract people who want to RP outside of the major cities.

That sounds good! And since you might be connected to those in ShroudLife who show up around in Gridania, maybe we could meet and discuss a bit about connecting those people somehow. I will try to be in around the Canopy as much as possible, but send me a tell when you're online!~

RE: Looking for helping hands in Gridania! - SafetyGoggles - 03-28-2017

I love this sort of thing and was actually thinking of doing the same for Ul'dah.

My character Alexa Rose resides in the shroud and would make a good ... antagonist... supplier of potions... witch type thingie who could be convinced to do a nice thing here and there for some coin or goods.

You can reach me most often on Claire Hargrave or pm me here if you wanna talk more.