Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to Balmung! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to Balmung! (/showthread.php?tid=18985)

New to Balmung! - Marissa Minoru - 03-29-2017

Hello, first post on the forums here! I recently transferred a character to Balmung and have been levelling her up for a few days but I’m very interested in starting to use her more with RP. I’ve played the game to level 60 endgame on a different server with IRL friends so I know the game very well, I’m basically just trying to get Marissa to 60 as soon as I can. I have RPed in the past, pretty casually as various anime/game characters via messages to friends and I’m looking into RPing more seriously on FFXIV Smile

I have created a wiki page for Marissa here which is still technically a work in progress but I’m happy with how it looks for now. Anything additional I should be looking to add/criticism/whatever would be appreciated, although I will of course be adding to it as her story progresses

I’m mostly a light RPer right now, since I do still do a lot of PvE content to catch up to endgame, but I don’t envision myself to be into really heavy RP

I’m from the UK, on GMT/BST timezone, but on weekends I stay up late so I can play during EST peak times, weekends are the best time to catch me if you’re interested in a chat/RP as I work during the week Smile I do also play a lot on my main character with IRL friends so I'll be online when I can. Since I’m new to the server I’m looking for friends so if you like Marissa then please hmu! Also new to this forum so if there’s anywhere else I should be posting let me know, I have read most of the guides that I can so I think I have a good idea of how it all works Big Grin

RE: New to Balmung! - Lan Darklyn - 03-29-2017

Welcome to the server!

I suggest keeping an eye on this site often because a lot of really awesome events get posted up here. Even with you being in the EU I have no doubt that you will find RP events that you will be able to attend.

EU players linkshell This will likely be something very helpful to you if you are trying to hook up with players in the same time zones as you.
There are several OOC linkshells out there that will offer a chance to make even more connections with some of the awesome RPers we have on this server, I'd suggest browsing through those as well.

It is great that you have a wiki started already! That is one tool that I think usually helps people establish RP hooks with others. And of course there is the making connections thread here on the forum that gives you a place to...well...ya know, make RP connections.

The last bit of advice I have is do not hesitate to poke people on here with questions of any sort, you'll see folks here that are extremely helpful.

RE: New to Balmung! - Thunderbolt300 - 03-29-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC and to Balmung! Thumbsup

RE: New to Balmung! - Amnesic - 03-29-2017

Welcome to the RPC and the Balmung server! Lan's already covered it pretty well for you so far, so I can't say much more about that.

What I can say is that Marissa sounds like a joy to be friends with and if she ever wants to meet up with mine, I'd be happy to do something! You won't see me around there since I'm mostly on the forums now so it would have to be here, but I'm always open!

Anywho, I hope you enjoy your time here!

RE: New to Balmung! - Marissa Minoru - 03-29-2017

(03-29-2017, 08:07 AM)Lan Darklyn Wrote: Welcome to the server!

I suggest keeping an eye on this site often because a lot of really awesome events get posted up here. Even with you being in the EU I have no doubt that you will find RP events that you will be able to attend.

EU players linkshell This will likely be something very helpful to you if you are trying to hook up with players in the same time zones as you.
There are several OOC linkshells out there that will offer a chance to make even more connections with some of the awesome RPers we have on this server, I'd suggest browsing through those as well.

It is great that you have a wiki started already! That is one tool that I think usually helps people establish RP hooks with others. And of course there is the making connections thread here on the forum that gives you a place to...well...ya know, make RP connections.

The last bit of advice I have is do not hesitate to poke people on here with questions of any sort, you'll see folks here that are extremely helpful.
Thank you for the help! I'll look into linkshells tonight when I can be online in game.

I was debating whether I should post in making connections first or here haha! I'll be sure to post there too Smile 

Thanks again for the help!

(03-29-2017, 08:11 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC and to Balmung! Thumbsup

Thank you Smile
(03-29-2017, 08:29 AM)Amnesic Wrote: Welcome to the RPC and the Balmung server! Lan's already covered it pretty well for you so far,  so I can't say much more about that. 

What I can say is that Marissa sounds like a joy to be friends with and if she ever wants to meet up with mine,  I'd be happy to do something! You won't see me around there since I'm mostly on the forums now so it would have to be here, but I'm always open! 

Anywho, I hope you enjoy your time here!

I'm able to get on the forums while at work during breaks and such, so I would be happy for forum RP too! Thank you Big Grin

RE: New to Balmung! - Deahfel - 03-29-2017

Hello and welcome to Balmung and the RPC! It sounds like you are already well on your way to getting started.

If you have any questions or would like to RP sometime feel free to send me a tell or a message!

RE: New to Balmung! - SPNoelle - 03-29-2017

*Wave* Hi there Smile Welcome to Balmung and to the site!