Hydaelyn Role-Players
Wayward Priest (Journal Entry) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Wayward Priest (Journal Entry) (/showthread.php?tid=19022)

Wayward Priest (Journal Entry) - Ryslo Suramlo - 04-03-2017

Entry Recipe : Steamed Catfish
1/4th Cup of Star Anise
1 Fresh Catfish
1/6th Cup Sour Red
1 Popoto
2 Tblspn Maple Sugar
----
You'll want to use Fresh Catfish. You'll want to steam it in a lidded pan for about an hour, allowing it to cook thoroughly or you risk contamination. Make sure to to drizzle it with some Star Anise and Sour Red allowing it to marinate within the sauce pulling in the flavors to the tender meat. While this is steamed you'll want to add a Popoto into the same pan to absorb some of the liquid's which will give a robust flavor to the vegetable. Make sure to cut the Popoto into thin slices, don't mince. When all the contents within the pan are about 1/2 way done cooking add your maple sugar but make sure to spread it across evenly among the contents of dish the Catfish evenly as this will add some texture to the outside of the fish.

A ♦ W H I R L W I N D ♦ O F ♦ M E M O R I  E S
The years after the Calamity.

Twice I've spoken about these years and twice I've found the memories of those years flood back to the fore front of my thoughts. I was raised at the Holy See, I lived for prayer and books. I even enjoyed my conversations with the other's. Talking about the twelve, speaking about the mortal problems of men. Whispering words about the Dragon's that laid beyond our tall walls. They were essentially good times, morbid once in awhile, but overall I knew peace even in a zone that had grown accustom to the chaos of war. I had a small room that over looked the courtyards of Ishgard. On clear days I could see beyond our walls toward towering mountains and blue skies. Occasionally I would even see in the far distance the silhouette of a dragon flying to wherever it's wings would take it. Odd I never really saw much to fear there, though I never stood before one either.

I was a dreamer. Always roaming about in my head pondering over the things I had read. What was most fascinating was the lands of Eorzea. Ul'dah, Limsa Lominsa, and Gridania. These are places I've never seen before but our books had great amounts of knowledge about these locations. The shroud with its rich forests, La Noscea with its fertile lands and ocean front, and Thanalan with its sprawling deserts. I wish I could have seen them before that dreadful night when Dalamund fell from the sky, before the howls of Bahamut's roar cut through the clouds and before the crimson light gave dawn to night. It was what came after the Calamity that really started to change my perspective on how it was I lived my life. Our temperate land became cold, nights grew longer and what was once green was now covered in a blanket of white. Not only that but the dragons became even more emboldened and other horror's began to filter into our lands. Terrifying as they are, the Behemoths were daunting reminder's of the Calamity. Their nightly howling curled my skin and unnerved my mind. On top of the creatures and transformation to our lands, it was the people who suffered the most.

More and more they sought us out, the church, for answers. We would constantly have to explain that this was fate. That this was ultimately a test to see our resolve with our faith. My beliefs were rattled by the sights. People were being carried away on carriages, dieing from plague and from the wild's of our new world. Frost Bite and hunger killed most beyond the wall and those not of the upper crust were often the one's returned to the earth. I tried to stand my ground against all these plights but my voice was unheard. Even though most knew me, I was the stranger. Things got better but they also got worse. Five years after the Calamity the Nobility was corrupt and the clergy I served equally so. It was after the truth was found I left but before the accord of peace with the Dragons. I left and headed to Thanalan where I found Bard.. that's when the Knights of Eorzea was Born. To do what I couldn't before and to have a voice when I otherwise didn't.

RE: Wayward Priest (Journal Entry) - Ryslo Suramlo - 04-19-2017

Entry Recipe : Eft Steak

Prime Cut Eft Tail
Pinch of Black Pepper
1/4th Crushed Garlean Garlic
1 tblsp Sour Red
2 tblsp Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup crushed Laurel
----
You'll want to setup your ingredient's before hand as the Eft Tail will cook relatively fast and you'll want to add the ingredients rather quickly. Cook the Eft Tail for about 35 - 45 Minutes on Medium. For the first ten minutes you'll want to mix the Sour Red, Cider Vinegar, Crushed Laurel, Garlic and Pepper into a small serving bowl. Mix well until its all blended together. Take a cooking Brush and dip into the newly crafted sauce and then spread across the Tail evenly. 15 Minutes in flip the tail and spread sauce across other side. Cook for another 15 minutes before flipping the steak again to cook for 5 more minutes, spread sauce across the side again before flipping it for the final duration putting a final splash of the sauce across the second side. If this is done properly your steak will be properly seasoned and each bite will be robust. I recommend pairing this dish with a side salad and perhaps some Rolanberry Lassi to cut down on the acidity of the sauce or chosen dressing for the salad.

A ♦ S H U F F L E ♦ O F ♦ T H O U G H T S
A Confession...

I am having trouble as of late dealing with the fact I'm more then just a sound board. I've been growing in such a way that my own advice to other's are starting to haunt me and even though I may appear vitally strong I am realizing on how much I've missed out on living the way I have. I'm in my early thirties and finally making friends, I've never loved like others have nor have I had the same difficulties. I know and expect a few things but it is the simple things in life I certainly have not indulged in that other's clear have. Not even sure who it is I can talk to about these matters, I am meant to be strong and devoted to my faith. I am to only love the word's of our lords and I am to be without sin. So who do the priest's go to when they are conflicted by moral integrity and curiosity.  To the Twelve? What if I need a voice to bring me comfort? I mean will I ever find love? Will I ever find the strength (Yes Strength) to lean on others emotionally as they do with me? I do not know. Xilatz caught on I was struggling the last evening and I just put on my normal practiced expression and shrugged off my own struggles.. Suppose that is the sacrifice those of the cloth make. We are sound boards.. with no voice of our own..