Hydaelyn Role-Players
Return to Operation Paperclip - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Return to Operation Paperclip (/showthread.php?tid=19076)

Return to Operation Paperclip - Fabra Aurelia - 04-10-2017

So, I had made some headway into the game awhile back and decided to come back and try out more of the rp part of things. I made an old post under the "Making Connections" section here but lacked the time and follow through to turn that into anything meaningful in regards to rp, but it did give a summary of my character for people to look over, so I will repost it here:

So, for those that don’t know what “Operation: Paperclip” was, it was a calculated action taken by the US government to recruit and relocate thousands of former Nazi scientists and technicians after World War II. That concept is the basis for my Garlean character, “Fabra Nan Aurelia.”

Fabra is a magitek engineer whose father, Faustinus Nan Aurelia, joined the Empire in its budding days 50 years ago just before the technological and military golden age which gave it the strength it has now. He was a dedicated engineer who truly thought the Empire could help people by bringing stability, technology, and knowledge to the surrounding countries.After several years working for the good will of the Empire, he met a young Censor named Marcia Goe Hosidius. The two fell in love as the Empire was growing and shortly thereafter were married and Fabra was born. Fabra was eight when the initial invasion of Eorzea began and her father was sent with Gaius Van Baelsar to take Ala Mhigo. She stayed with her mother as she finished out her magitek studies as well as the imperial moral code upheld by the Censors. When she finished top in her class she put in to be sent to work in Eorzera at her father’s side. Faustinus was then selected as a lead scientist on Gaius’ Ultima project with Fabra as his assistant. When the Ultima weapon was destroyed and the Castrum erupted in flames, her father perished with it. Fabra was then captured and was given a choice to work for “the good of Eorzea” in exchange for her freedom.

Since this character is very much still a work in progress, the details of this deal are up in the air and I hope to locate a FC that might fit as a place for her. She is still very sympathetic to the Empire as she believes in the concept of what they are trying to do and does not hide her connection to it. She has dealt with the loss of her father and her induction into Eorzea with a classical imperial stoicism, finding the loss of emotional control as anything but helpful to her situation. As I work on the character and seek those who might be interested in having her be a part of your rp, I look forward to networking allies, enemies, etc.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

I am still fleshing out her backstory to make it fit a bit better with the world but admittedly my knowledge of the lore is incomplete at best. Anyway, here's hoping I get a chance to rp with some of you in the near future.