Hydaelyn Role-Players
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun (/showthread.php?tid=19078)

Pages: 1 2

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - Lady Whiteraven - 04-10-2017

https://www.16personalities.com/

This is what I got when I took it as purely Ben: (Campaigner (ENFP-a) The Campaigner personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike types in the Explorer Role group, Campaigners are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

Other Campaigners you may know: Robin Williams/Wash from "Firefly"/Robert Downey Jr, and my favorite on the list, Willy Wonka).

All in all, pretty close to how I play him.

For me, the player,
This is my result: Debater (ENTP-a) ; Other Debaters you may know: Captain Jack Sparrow/The Joker/Tyrion Lannister/Felicity Smoak)

I'm not sure I'm in the best company on this one . . . except maybe, Felicity.

RE: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - Nebbs - 04-10-2017

Nebula got the same CAMPAIGNER (ENFP-A)

It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing. It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool – for love – for your dreams – for the adventure of being alive.
Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Though personally I'm INTP

RE: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - Kilieit - 04-10-2017

I took the quiz for my character and it repeatedly placed him in a personality type that doesn't suit him at all, because all of the N/S differentiation questions are based on a modern understanding of media... and he can't read. Of course he isn't going to be interested in storybooks; that doesn't mean he isn't an idealistic person. :I

So I'm overriding its decision on the N/S and saying he has the traits I originally described him as having:

“THE ARCHITECT” (INTJ-T)

It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, Architects know this all too well – it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like manoeuvring. People with the Architect personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

...btw, he got exactly 49/51 on A/T both times I took the quiz, which made me laugh. I wonder if the 1 point that tipped him over into T was specifically because apparently he's so indecisive about it...

RE: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - Ailerana Galanadel - 04-12-2017

Saw your post, and decided it'd be fun to use this as an RP exercise. Apparently Ailerana is an Entertainer (ESFP, -A/-T).
Personally though, I am a Logician (INTP, -A/-T).

RE: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - lyrax123 - 04-12-2017

Naomi Kett is (ENFP, -A/-T)

I think my favorite part is this: Luckily, Campaigners know how to relax, and they are perfectly capable of switching from a passionate, driven idealist in the workplace to that imaginative and enthusiastic free spirit on the dance floor, often with a suddenness that can surprise even their closest friends. Being in the mix also gives them a chance to connect emotionally with others, giving them cherished insight into what motivates their friends and colleagues. They believe that everyone should take the time to recognize and express their feelings, and their empathy and sociability make that a natural conversation topic.

Fun!

RE: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - Lady Whiteraven - 04-12-2017

(04-12-2017, 04:19 PM)lyrax123 Wrote: Naomi Kett is (ENFP, -A/-T)

So, N'Aomi is the same as Ben? This may go far to explain some things . . . Dodgy

RE: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - lyrax123 - 04-12-2017

(04-12-2017, 04:24 PM)Benedict Whiteraven Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 04:19 PM)lyrax123 Wrote: Naomi Kett is (ENFP, -A/-T)

So, N'Aomi is the same as Ben? This may go far to explain some things . . . Dodgy
Deep down Ben likes puns.

RE: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - SapphireSkylines - 04-12-2017

Zhara is the "The Protagonist" (ENFJ, -A/-T)

RE: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - Sylentmana - 04-13-2017

Celica got ENTP-A: Debater

Debaters you may know: Weird Al Yankovic, Adam Savage, Sarah Silverman, and Mark Twain. Three out of four of those people are great.

RE: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - ExAtomos - 04-13-2017

Brinn - Entertainer (ESFP-t)
Valia - Debater (ENTP-t)
Ralin - Logistician (ISTJ-a)
Chanar - Campaigner (ENFP-t)
Tin - Entertainer (ESFP-t)
Alberic Sr. - Executive (ESTJ-a)
Alberic Jr. - Logistician (ISTJ-a) (this was the tough one. a lot of questions were 'yes, but')
O'teral - Logistician (ISTJ-a) (I have a lot of paranoid schemers...)

(And my own for comparison xD - Mediator (INFP-t) )

This was fun cause some questions were super easy to intuit as each character while some questions gave me a bit of a pause to figure out. xD

RE: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - Nara - 04-13-2017

Nara's an Entrepreneur (ESTP-A) apparently. Not so much a people person though.

RE: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - SapphireSkylines - 04-13-2017

Retook the test for Liara. She's an Advocate (INFJ, -A/-T).

RE: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - Shoshopu - 04-14-2017

Technically the 16personalities system is only based on the MBTI, and isn't technically the MBTI.

But either way, I always pick a MBTI type for my characters when I first create them, before I start RPing them, because it helps me keep their characterization consistent. If you're going into the MBTI (not 16personalities, but the actual MBTI) the real meat of it is the cognitive functions, of which each type has a distinct combination of four. Any generic description of the types is just a stereotypical description of how these four functions tend to manifest, but the cognitive functions are what really help you figure out what motivates a character and drives their actions. It's a little window into their actual thought process.

But since this thread links the 16personalities quiz, I actually did this the other day and made one of those "tag a bunch of tumblr people to do this too" posts on tumblr about it. :V

[Image: tumblr_inline_onm3ntKHjC1qe4uyl_540.png]
Shoshopu -  “THE CAMPAIGNER” (ENFP-T)
“The Campaigner personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike types in the Explorer Role group, Campaigners are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others.

They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected – but unlike Analyst personality types, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, Campaigners see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning.”

[Image: tumblr_inline_onm3rv8llk1qe4uyl_540.png]
Eaubront -  “THE ENTREPRENEUR” (ESTP-A)
“Entrepreneurs always have an impact on their immediate surroundings – the best way to spot them at a party is to look for the whirling eddy of people flitting about them as they move from group to group. Laughing and entertaining with a blunt and earthy humor, Entrepreneur personalities love to be the center of attention. If an audience member is asked to come on stage, Entrepreneurs volunteer – or volunteer a shy friend.

Entrepreneurs are the likeliest personality type to make a lifestyle of risky behavior. They live in the moment and dive into the action – they are the eye of the storm. People with the Entrepreneur personality type enjoy drama, passion, and pleasure, not for emotional thrills, but because it’s so stimulating to their logical minds. They are forced to make critical decisions based on factual, immediate reality in a process of rapid-fire rational stimulus response.”

Eaubront actually started life as an ENTP, but ESTP generally fits him quite a bit better. ENTP and ESTP similar in some ways, but their primary and inferior functions are swip-swapped, so they have a couple fundamental differences. I guess the way I'm RPing him has shifted over time. I always had a difficult time wrapping my head around the ENTP's objectivity when it comes to emotional situations, anyway. I'd be halfway through an emote and I'd catch myself thinking, "Wait, no, he wouldn't think to say that..."

RE: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - Kilieit - 04-14-2017

(04-14-2017, 12:58 PM)Shoshopu Wrote: Technically the 16personalities system is only based on the MBTI, and isn't technically the MBTI.

But either way, I always pick a MBTI type for my characters when I first create them, before I start RPing them, because it helps me keep their characterization consistent. If you're going into the MBTI (not 16personalities, but the actual MBTI) the real meat of it is the cognitive functions, of which each type has a distinct combination of four. Any generic description of the types is just a stereotypical description of how these four functions tend to manifest, but the cognitive functions are what really help you figure out what motivates a character and drives their actions. It's a little window into their actual thought process.

I do this too, which is why I was so adamant that ISTJ is the wrong personality type for Aghurlal (with the correct one being INTJ). If it wasn't, I sincerely doubt he'd be in the profession he is (Rogues' Guild agent); I feel an ISTJ Aghurlal would've picked something more grounded and focussed on concrete goals, and less in achieving nebulous stuff like "justice".

...I also think he'd be less paranoid, and a lot calmer. xD His intuition is currently a source of, among other things, most of his anxiety. If he didn't have that tendency to extrapolate based on patterns and ideas, then his anxiety wouldn't manifest in the same way.

ANYWAY since I'm here again I'll take the test for some of my other characters and then disregard the results except the A/T distinction:

Telluric Medic
INTJ-A "THE LOGICIAN" (INTP-A)
Logicians pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, Logicians have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.
In total fairness to both myself and the quiz, the J/P proportions it gave her were 54 to 46.

Caidenden Caiden
"THE LOGISTICIAN" (ISTJ-A)
Their defining characteristics of integrity, practical logic and tireless dedication to duty make Logisticians a vital core to many families, as well as organizations that uphold traditions, rules and standards, such as law offices, regulatory bodies and military. People with the Logistician personality type enjoy taking responsibility for their actions, and take pride in the work they do – when working towards a goal, Logisticians hold back none of their time and energy completing each relevant task with accuracy and patience.
We agreed for once!

Liuthas Corwell
"THE ADVOCATE" (INFJ-T)
As members of the Diplomat Role group, Advocates have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is that they are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.
Eyyy two in a row.

Remaining 4 to follow... maybe... at some point... in a future post.

RE: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for your character-Just for Fun - Kazukata - 04-14-2017

Kazukata ended up with one that fits him decently well: ESFJ (The Consul). The intro blurb focuses on high school cheerleader/quarterback-esque popularity to a groan-worthy degree, but I suppose it makes sense that I would get impatient with all that, seeing as I'm a different MBTI personally (INFP). Also kind of funny how random character traits I just kind of handed to him without much thought (he's a busybody that's always eager to foist his viewpoint on others, his insistence on never even trying to learn magic with the assumption he'd be terrible at it despite there being no real evidence to support his opinion) seem to fall under the same personality type.

I do like the quote, though, since it fits Kazu well, even if it's a little cosmic for my personal tastes: "Encourage, lift and strengthen one another. For the positive energy spread to one will be felt by us all." -Deborah Day