Hydaelyn Role-Players
Artifice of Reason «AoRRP» - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Free Company Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: Artifice of Reason «AoRRP» (/showthread.php?tid=19090)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Artifice of Reason «AoRRP» - zaviire - 11-30-2017

[Image: tumblr_ozf70oq8VG1w87wlno1_500.png]

I'm like two weeks late to the draw here but both of our plot events have progressed a bit in November! Though going into December we're looking at a bit of a lull because all of the officers are students and/or have to deal with family stuff for the holiday season.

Read about The Kidnappings here!

Check out event logs for the Scenario event, The Warpath Forward here!

In the midst of the lull we are also looking at updating our graphics/blurb/etc to encapsulate more accurately how we tend to veer IC and update IC leadership a bit (OOC leadership remaining unchanged), but very little is set in stone yet. Please look forward to it! (Also I get to decorate the FC house for Christmas this year I'm so PUMPED.)

RE: Artifice of Reason «AoRRP» - zaviire - 01-23-2018

Shamelessly copy-pasted from the post I made on our Tumblr here. Because someone has to.

Quote:The first thing to note here is that this Tumblr blog is now the FC’s official “website” and our application is going to be through Google Forms from now on. We got tired of paying for Shivtr and we never really used forums a lot anyway.

FREE COMPANY LORE DOCUMENT!

The FC lore doc is something we’ve had for a while, and it basically explains at great length the IC workings of the Company! In honor of 2018, I gave it a facelift and a bit of editing in terms of content; we decided toward the end of November to shift the FC a bit to be less niche (basically all this means is where before the Artifice was meant to be shady and insular, it’s now a lot more open) as well as shift IC leadership from the hands of the now-retired character Shiori to the much more active tag-team of Ardun (experienced, competent, pragmatic) and Leonnaux (none of those things but he makes up for it with his enthusiasm).

You can find the newest edition of our lore doc here, on Google Docs!

We haven’t come up with a witty intro yet but rest assured that when we do it’ll be included in the Google Doc and I’ll be using it for a new recruitment post because the old one is, uh, so last year.

RECRUITMENT!

Our recruitment never closed but we’re going to start getting a bit more serious about it in the coming months. What that entails… The officers have yet to discuss, but I figure measures taken will include a brand new Tumblr recruitment post and some presence in PF, so keep an eye out for us!

Our recruitment procedures are basically unchanged from before: we still have a (reasonably short and easy) application, but it’s in Google Forms now. We still do OOC interviews! Said OOC interviews are still via Discord DMs.

LINKSHELL!

We are making plans for the creation of a similar-but-separate OOC linkshell! Those who are familiar with our forays into this territory probably know that we’ve attempted “allies of the FC”-styled linkshells a few times in the past, and that they didn’t end up working out. This is not one of these! The linkshell concept we have in mind, while similar in theme and likely going to share a Discord and officer team (for ease of access and management on our front, as well as the fact that separating the Discords the last time around didn’t exactly foster inter-group interaction the way that we hoped that it would), would be, effectively, in its own category, so it wouldn’t be a matter of only being “50%” part of one group or the other.

Instead, it would be more like two groups that happen to share an officer team, sharing a Discord. Kind of like what would happen if suddenly I mushed the @ebonguardls​ and Artifice Discord servers together (ignoring for a moment the fact that I don’t have administrator on the Artifice Discord). The end goal of this linkshell would be to foster RP connections between like-minded individuals and RPers, and we hope it accomplishes that.

We haven’t made this linkshell yet and we’re still ironing out the finer details, such as a name and whether we want to narrow-down or broaden the overall theme of it, so please stay tuned for more information. If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns about this linkshell then by all means contact us!

PUBLIC EVENTS!

Insofar as FC affairs go, we’re also planning on running a public event on a roughly monthly basis. Why only monthly? Because the officers are busy people and we would also like to keep our storyline/s going and make sure that there’s still room on the calendar for New Blood Trials, casual RP nights (not that DMed events haven’t occasionally replaced said casual nights), FC meetings, etc etc etc etc. We’re not sure what we’ll do yet, but please look forward to it!

That’s all for now!