Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character Concept - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Character Concept (/showthread.php?tid=19393)

Character Concept - Faith Sauveterre - 05-16-2017

Hey! Thought I'd ask you guys thoughts on a concept of a character I have. She is a WIP so things may change after further research.  Kind of want to try a Gypsy Type of Character. I may have some lore errors here and if you could point them out and help make this character more decent so she can be appropriate for Future RP? Tbe only thing I can remember from the Astrologian Job Quests is that the Sharlyan's aren't too keen on sharing their talents with Eorzeans.

Haelstyrn Swyrmoenwyn 

Bio: Haelstyrn was born to a pair of Gypsies that hail from Sharlyan. The Gypsies Families consist of many races and often times live together in one big group. Sharlyan Gypsies are said to be wanted in the motherland for using Astrology to deceive and trick the gullible. Making a Mockery of their art.
Her mother and father were both Fortune Tellers and lured in the gullible for gil. Haelstyrn. The Roegadyn was taught to read the stars and even hold a Star Globe herself. However, in fear of Sharlyan Spies out looking for them they cast away their globes for other weapons. In Haelstyrn’s case she took up Conjury and spends her time in Gridania.

Personality: Haelstyrn is an odd woman. She speaks in a soft dreamy like tone which rarely become sharp unless you hit a topic that means something to her. She wears a mask of indifference due to her being taught to do so in the face of authority, but on occasion shows of a small smile of frown. She has little concern on what people say about her when it comes to her interests
and that being her love for the strange. It also doesn’t help that she keeps to herself a lot.

So yeah Constructive Criticisms would be loved

RE: Character Concept - Alastair Helyous - 05-19-2017

Since she cast away her star globe for conjury canes, how does she locate the stars to perform Sharlayan astrology? Also, does she still keep a divining deck somewhere with her?
The concept is interesting and I like how you made her deal with the issue of the Bibliothecs. I just wonder if she still can perform her Astrology and also, was she born in Sharlayan or the now-abandoned colony in Dravania?

RE: Character Concept - Faith Sauveterre - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 04:16 PM)Helyous_Apollus Wrote: Since she cast away her star globe for conjury canes, how does she locate the stars to perform Sharlayan astrology? Also, does she still keep a divining deck somewhere with her?
The concept is interesting and I like how you made her deal with the issue of the Bibliothecs. I just wonder if she still can perform her Astrology and also, was she born in Sharlayan or the now-abandoned colony in Dravania?

What I have so far is. I kind of have it that she can still locate the stars thanks to her mother's teaching, but doesn't really preform Sharlayan Astrology much due to possible threats lurking in the shadows and since she is kind of a fugitive along with her "Family" . She does have a divining deck hidden away with her star globe.

She was indeed born in Sharlayan, but born among a bunch of Gypsies that had a different set of thinking then most natives