Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* (/showthread.php?tid=19399)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers - Papajimboh - 06-06-2017

(06-05-2017, 02:21 AM)Abriael Wrote: I'm certainly going to stay on Balmung, as I don't think fragmenting the RP community is a good idea.

As a matter of fact, SE should probably simply recognize Balmung as an official RP server, and offer incentives to non-roleplayers to move.

At this point, it's something that's going to happen. It's really easy to say you want it all focused on one server... when it's YOUR server. lol 

The entire point of this is trying to find an alternative since Balmung is locked. It isn't an option.

Suggesting we should all stick to Balmung is akin to someone suggesting that a solution to a poor budget is just make more money. It isn't realistic. The best option is to properly balance your budget. We can't force SE to do anything about the servers. We can ask. We can scream and stamp our feet, but we have no control. 

THIS we do control. At least somewhat. Big Grin

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers - Nebbs - 06-06-2017

(06-06-2017, 04:45 PM)Papajimboh Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 02:21 AM)Abriael Wrote: I'm certainly going to stay on Balmung, as I don't think fragmenting the RP community is a good idea.

As a matter of fact, SE should probably simply recognize Balmung as an official RP server, and offer incentives to non-roleplayers to move.

At this point, it's something that's going to happen. It's really easy to say you want it all focused on one server... when it's YOUR server. lol 

The entire point of this is trying to find an alternative since Balmung is locked. It isn't an option.

Suggesting we should all stick to Balmung is akin to someone suggesting that a solution to a poor budget is just make more money. It isn't realistic. The best option is to properly balance your budget. We can't force SE to do anything about the servers. We can ask. We can scream and stamp our feet, but we have no control. 

THIS we do control. At least somewhat. Big Grin

Quite right.

Balmung is stuck, there will be no new characters, no new alts, no new players. The only thing that can happen is people stop playing on it because they leave the game or transfer. Just think about that for a moment, no new players or characters. (well you could fantasia)

While another server can attract all the new players and all the players that want to move. This server will grow as Balmung shrinks.

The only hope Balmung can have is that they lift the block.

Edit: I will be staying on Balmung due to RP connections and create an alt on the new server. If/when things change I will jump.

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* - Maeve Dune - 06-14-2017

Just to let everyone know, the new server HAS been named, and the first post in this thread has been updated to reflect it! In case you don't wanna go look at it, it's right here;

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/06/summary-letter-producer-live-e3-2017-look-susano-swimming-stormblood/

"— A new world, Omega, will be opened on the European data center — details regarding it and the bonuses that apply for transferring to a new world will be shared on July 15th."

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* - matchstixs - 06-14-2017

Here we go, guys and gals! \o/ IT BEGINS.

Do keep in mind though, that settling in and getting RP going will take time. We've got a shiny new expansion to play through and discover, and an entire new server to move in to. It'll probably be quiet for the first few weeks, but give it time!

<3

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* - Crystal Chronicler - 06-14-2017

I'm not in the EU, but I would suggest you all swarm Omega and stake your claim on it as an RP server.

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* - anony11 - 06-14-2017

I'm already writing the guide for the Major Italian Community...So Here weee goo!

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* - LoreleiLarkin - 06-14-2017

Personally, I would love a massive roleplay scene on the new EU server. I'm an endgamer primarily, but roleplay when and where I feel like it.

I plan on moving to the new server once it's settled purely for ping/faster pvp queues.

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* - TrueGota - 06-14-2017

Someone should also make a Discord server for Omega when it really becomes Europe's RP server.

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* - runa - 06-16-2017

Does anyone know when world transfers become available? They don't seem to be yet. I have a feeling I missed some info possibly...

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* - Skae - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 05:10 AM)Rhel Wrote: Does anyone know when world transfers become available? They don't seem to be yet. I have a feeling I missed some info possibly...

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/37c89838f13e514d27ff9ddbb9d8a0a50457be46

"Because we anticipate heavy server load due to the start of early access and the implementation of Patch 4.0, the World Transfer Service is scheduled to be available again on Jun. 16, 2017 at around 12:00 (GMT) / Jun 16, 2017 at around 13:00 (BST)."

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* - runa - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 05:33 AM)Skae Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 05:10 AM)Rhel Wrote: Does anyone know when world transfers become available? They don't seem to be yet. I have a feeling I missed some info possibly...

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/37c89838f13e514d27ff9ddbb9d8a0a50457be46

"Because we anticipate heavy server load due to the start of early access and the implementation of Patch 4.0, the World Transfer Service is scheduled to be available again on Jun. 16, 2017 at around 12:00 (GMT) / Jun 16, 2017 at around 13:00 (BST)."
Yes! I had a feeling I missed something, apparently was just looking the answer from wrong posts. Thank you so much!

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* - Squid - 06-16-2017

Are many people moving to Omega as soon as the transfers come up?
I'd like to but I don't want to exactly be all alone over there

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* - Kiel - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 02:11 PM)Squid Wrote: Are many people moving to Omega as soon as the transfers come up?

It seems like there's at least 30 people moving to omega or making an alt on discord, and the number is growing! As long as you join the LS or the right channels you shouldn't be alone

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* - Squid - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 03:42 PM)Kiel Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 02:11 PM)Squid Wrote: Are many people moving to Omega as soon as the transfers come up?

It seems like there's at least 30 people moving to omega or making an alt on discord, and the number is growing! As long as you join the LS or the right channels you shouldn't be alone

Oh, that's good. Thanks.
Bit of a stupid question, but could you link me that discord?

Edit: Nevermind, i'm on now!

RE: An EU server, for EU roleplayers *UPDATED 14/06* - matchstixs - 06-17-2017

Transfers are up, it's here! Big Grin