Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] Alternate RP server (Updated 5/18/17) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] Alternate RP server (Updated 5/18/17) (/showthread.php?tid=19405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Alternate RP server (Updated 5/18/17) - Vexander - 05-18-2017

(05-18-2017, 07:27 PM)Foxberry Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 07:24 PM)Zhavi Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 07:06 PM)Virella Wrote: I honestly have no desire to make another alt at this point, invest into it and all that. I like where I am (fuck me right for admitting that). But I want others, new players, and old alike interested in roleplay, to have a chance at that same comfort Balmung provides.

For, you, for anyone else feeling a little defeated or picked on or whatever.

If you like Balmung and don't want to move, if you don't have time to level an alt, if you don't have the money to transfer:

it's okay.

Being proactive, being supportive, being present and invested and giving a damn is just as important.

We have a saying at my work (I work for a non profit):  those who can't give, go.  Those who can't go, give.

Giving here can mean just flat out telling people selling points for other servers.  It can be encouraging a discouraged person struggling on a smaller server.  It can be offering resources, it can be helping with ideas, it can be patting someone on the back for doing a good job in a hard situation.  It can be making light of a bad situation to help people smile.  It can just be digging in and saying hey, no matter how shitty it might get, we'll figure something out.

But wherever you are, whatever you're doing -- this is your hobby, and you're passionate about it, and you're part of making the overarching community awesome.  So keep doing that, and don't feel bad if you can't be everything to everyone.  No one can.

And thanks to everyone coming in and speaking up and answering questions and all of that.  Communication is always the first step in solving big problems such as finding a server to serve as a place for new people to go.

Do you know if there's a master-post or something being shared on tumblr trying to get people to be aware of Mateus? I have a decent following and wouldn't mind sharing it on there and a few other places like my twitter. (I've still got about an hour at work but I'd like to share it when I get home.)
I may be wrong, but I don't believe Mateus has been advertised over Tumblr, Facebook, or Twitter by any organized group that's been seeking to promote it. If I recall the conversation correctly, it had been considered, but not pursued for one reason or another.

RE: Alternate RP server (Updated 5/18/17) - Fox - 05-18-2017

(05-18-2017, 07:30 PM)Zhavi Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 07:27 PM)Foxberry Wrote: Do you know if there's a master-post or something being shared on tumblr trying to get people to be aware of Mateus? I have a decent following and wouldn't mind sharing it on there and a few other places like my twitter. (I've still got about an hour at work but I'd like to share it when I get home.)

From what I've read in this thread, not yet, but it looks like Foxfirestorm and EliBallard were going to talk about it. I'd post in their linkshell thread, and maybe send a pm to Foxfirestorm, as it looks like he's coordinating/spearheading the efforts for Mateus.

Much appreciated. Maybe it would be easier just to link this entire thread there that way people can see what's going on and what offers there are beyond just Mateus. Thanks! Smile

(05-18-2017, 07:32 PM)Foxberry Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 07:27 PM)Foxberry Wrote: Do you know if there's a master-post or something being shared on tumblr trying to get people to be aware of Mateus? I have a decent following and wouldn't mind sharing it on there and a few other places like my twitter. (I've still got about an hour at work but I'd like to share it when I get home.)

From what I've read in this thread, not yet, but it looks like Foxfirestorm and EliBallard were going to talk about it.  I'd post in their linkshell thread, and maybe send a pm to Foxfirestorm, as it looks like he's coordinating/spearheading the efforts for Mateus.

Much appreciated. Maybe it would be easier just to link this entire thread there that way people can see what's going on and what offers there are beyond just Mateus. Thanks! Smile
I'd suggest contacting some of the folks actively seeking to promote Mateus first, Just not to step on any toes. They've worked hard to try and really drive the point that its friendly and growing, and might feel aggrieved if a poorly worded message was made. Like that one poster on SE's Forums telling people from Balmung to stay away.

(05-18-2017, 07:36 PM)Vexander Wrote:

From what I've read in this thread, not yet, but it looks like Foxfirestorm and EliBallard were going to talk about it.  I'd post in their linkshell thread, and maybe send a pm to Foxfirestorm, as it looks like he's coordinating/spearheading the efforts for Mateus.

I'd suggest contacting some of the folks actively seeking to promote Mateus first, Just not to step on any toes. They've worked hard to try and really drive the point that its friendly and growing, and might feel aggrieved if a poorly worded message was made. Like that one poster on SE's Forums telling people from Balmung to stay away.

I was meaning not to directly promote Mateus but rather this thread with the OP's information of what roleplay servers there are as of current active. Nor would I write a message? I'm not sure where you might have gotten where I was going to write something poorly written? I don't see how this equals the nasty comments left on the Official Servers; by informing people that the "RPC has a thread, please read it". I guess there's just a miscommunication there. Intent was to link to this thread on my personal tumblr.

(05-18-2017, 07:38 PM)Foxberry Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 07:36 PM)Vexander Wrote:

I was meaning not to directly promote Mateus but rather this thread with the OP's information of what roleplay servers there are as of current active. Nor would I write a message? I'm not sure where you might have gotten where I was going to write something poorly written? I don't see how this equals the nasty comments left on the Official Servers; by informing people that the "RPC has a thread, please read it". I guess there's just a miscommunication there. Intent was to link to this thread on my personal tumblr.
My mistake, sorry. I see no reason why not to link the thread, that being the case. Sorry again, was in the midst of a Dusk Vigil run when I replied, so I probably misread your post.

(05-18-2017, 08:25 PM)Vexander Wrote: My mistake, sorry. I see no reason why not to link the thread, that being the case. Sorry again, was in the midst of a Dusk Vigil run when I replied, so I probably misread your post.

Completely fine! Smile Dusk Vigil can be ugly sometimes. Don't worry about it at all.

RE: Alternate RP server (Updated 5/18/17) - Leggerless - 05-19-2017

(05-18-2017, 06:48 PM)Leggerless Wrote: Potential selling point for a different identity from Balmung.

You know how Balmung has a lot of ERPers?

Maybe... don't make it like that. Like a bunch of pretty nice stuff.

Like a Witcher 3 story. Yes there's some sex, but it's definitely not the ruling element.

Wanted to add onto this.

Go beyond just slice of life RP and ERP

That's basically what I'm saying. Get some epic combat, some deep dialogue, philosophical quotations; even some events facilitated through the use of /random and dice.

You need to provide choices and not an one-size-fits-all environment.

EDIT: I'll straight up admit I don't have the time investment to go beyond a single character. So I'll have to support from Balmung. Chastise me now for that if you wish; I'll take it.

EDIT 2: Also made a tumblr post

RE: Alternate RP server (Updated 5/18/17) - Iron Bride - 05-19-2017

I don't have a direct horse in this race right now, being on Balmung, but I am interested in helping start a second server. 

I will say that everyone I've met from Jenova's RP group so far have seemed to be really great folks - genuinely excited for the possibility of growing their community - whereas that has not necessarily been true of Mateus (this is not geared towards anyone posting in this thread, only a general perspective based on my own investigations).   I think attitude makes a big difference.  Mateus seems more organized, but it also seems to have an underlying current of us vs them that I'm not seeing from the Jenova folks.  (Jenovites? idk)

So right now I'm personally hoping Jenova rises in favor with the community; I think there's a lot of good there that could be nurtured.

RE: Alternate RP server (Updated 5/18/17) - Aliona Inna - 05-19-2017

Hello there all! I'm a Jenova friend and I'd like to pop in to say hello to folks! ^w^

We do have a friendly scene over on our side of the things and as it was mentioned by Redariesye we are currently doing some consolidation among Linkshells. Along side of that we're gathering up information on our server to make a catalog of sorts of our RP company listings that we should have at the ready before too long.

All that said we're looking forward to what the future holds and I'm quite excited to see where it takes us! Moogle

RE: Alternate RP server (Updated 5/18/17) - Nodem - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 10:08 AM)Leggerless Wrote: ...even some events facilitated through the use of /random and dice...

I was gonna delay this a bit, as we haven't settled in yet, but... A friend and I will be bringing a Grindstone event to Mateus server. Even if RP'ers don't flock there, they will have Grindstone! Details will be had later once my friend and I get settled in.

Edit: No worries Warren, Aoi will still be at Grindstone.

RE: Alternate RP server (Updated 5/18/17) - Maril - 05-19-2017

This thread is being closed at the request of the OP. Information will be updated and can be submitted here.