Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looks like im rolling on Matteus - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Looks like im rolling on Matteus (/showthread.php?tid=19407)

Looks like im rolling on Matteus - Kellindell - 05-17-2017

Hi all!

Been out of the MMO game for a bit, been bouncing around here and there to games for a few months and shifting. Play some Overwatch, HoTs, but not sticking with anything. I ruled out every other game but happened to run into someone in Neverwinter who praised the crap out of this game and it sounded right up my alley.

Im looking to settle with an MMO and no longer wish to bounce around.

Seems I came literally on the day of this server lock drama, so based off what I have read I will be starting on Mateus.

Been MMOing since EQ was released, my only FF experience is with tactics and some of 7 (Quit when Aer died).

Will edit/reply when I've made a character, just wanted to get the ball rolling with hellos.

If anyone has any tips at all, whether it is RP or not feel free. Total noob when it comes to this game and I am very excited about that.

RE: Looks like im rolling on Matteus - Cinaust - 05-17-2017

Hello, hello! I'm new to the game myself, but from my experience, definitely try both keyboard/mouse and controller to see which you feel is a better fit for you. I thought I would prefer keyboard since that's how I usually play MMOs, but for FFXIV I was surprised to find I prefer the controller, so it may not be what you expect.

As for RP, I've made a character on Mateus as well, so I might see you around!

RE: Looks like im rolling on Matteus - Kellindell - 05-17-2017

Generally my first night for a game is spent in character creation. I really like what I see which is making the decision hard. Probably wont actually play until tomorrow sometime. Right now running on the free trial so communication is hard but bumping into people is always great, its why I play MMOs over anything else.

RE: Looks like im rolling on Matteus - foxfirestorm - 05-17-2017

(05-17-2017, 09:45 PM)Kellindell Wrote: Hi all!

Been out of the MMO game for a bit, been bouncing around here and there to games for a few months and shifting. Play some Overwatch, HoTs, but not sticking with anything. I ruled out every other game but happened to run into someone in Neverwinter who praised the crap out of this game and it sounded right up my alley.

Im looking to settle with an MMO and no longer wish to bounce around.

Seems I came literally on the day of this server lock drama, so based off what I have read I will be starting on Mateus.

Been MMOing since EQ was released, my only FF experience is with tactics and some of 7 (Quit when Aer died).

Will edit/reply when I've made a character, just wanted to get the ball rolling with hellos.

If anyone has any tips at all, whether it is RP or not feel free. Total noob when it comes to this game and I am very excited about that.

(05-17-2017, 10:27 PM)Cinaust Wrote: Hello, hello! I'm new to the game myself, but from my experience, definitely try both keyboard/mouse and controller to see which you feel is a better fit for you. I thought I would prefer keyboard since that's how I usually play MMOs, but for FFXIV I was surprised to find I prefer the controller, so it may not be what you expect.

As for RP, I've made a character on Mateus as well, so I might see you around!

Hey you two! Get in touch with Aca Savage on Mateus and he will get you hooked up on the RPC LS and get you on Discord as well!

RE: Looks like im rolling on Matteus - Kellindell - 05-18-2017

Your review is pretty much why I chose Matteus, thanks for replying.

I cant send tells or do any of that stuff with a free account, but I am sure I will go pay to play soon if I enjoy the game.

Got a couple friends playing too.

Decided on conjurer, going to go White mage or scholar. Friends wanted to start as lancers so I did Conjurer to start in Grid.

Played with character creation for hours. Technically didn't accomplish anything but it was a blast. Sadly I liked everything too much so I couldnt land on a race.

Maybe tomorrow.

RE: Looks like im rolling on Matteus - Cinaust - 05-18-2017

(05-18-2017, 12:17 AM)Kellindell Wrote: Your review is pretty much why I chose Matteus, thanks for replying.

I cant send tells or do any of that stuff with a free account, but I am sure I will go pay to play soon if I enjoy the game.

Got a couple friends playing too.

Decided on conjurer, going to go White mage or scholar. Friends wanted to start as lancers so I did Conjurer to start in Grid.

Played with character creation for hours. Technically didn't accomplish anything but it was a blast. Sadly I liked everything too much so I couldnt land on a race.

Maybe tomorrow.

That was completely my experience first time logging on. I'm on free trial too, but I'm going to end up buying it as soon as I fly over to Seoul, I can feel it.

What I ended up doing with the character creator is just designing characters for every race and saving them all so that if the need arises, I can just toss one of them into a server in a hurry. If you have fun with the character creation, you could do the same.

RE: Looks like im rolling on Matteus - Thunderbolt300 - 05-18-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

Best of luck on the hunt on Mateus!

RE: Looks like im rolling on Matteus - Kellindell - 05-19-2017

Takashi Katsumoto, Au Ra Conjurer.

I figure if I am not a fan of the name or race I can change it at a later time, I just wanted to get into the game. Loving it so far.